EIGHT

High School Lovers

The next day, I get ready after I get up. Usually, the maids get me ready. But I never let them when I have to get ready for school, it's such a waste of time and they want me to look like as I'm going to walk on a runway. But I just want to look normal, like everyone else. Even if I wear some normal clothes, humans are still picking on me.

After I got dressed, I go downstairs and I make my way to the diningroom. A few maids are already waiting for me and my food is already served. I'm glad that I can eat now, I can't be late for school then. Meaning that I can spend just a little more time with Hakyeon and I am more than excited to see him again. I can't wait to hold Hakyeon in my arms again, though it's sad that we're not in the same classes. At least we have the lunch break to spend together

I bow at the maids and I take a seat. The maids leave after I have taken a seat and I start to eat. I'm glad that my parents aren't up yet, because I don't wanna see my dad at this time of the day after what he did to me yesterday. My dad nearly choked me and I don't want to see that face of him again and my mum isn't going to help much by being around him. Within a few minutes, I am done and I wipe off the blood that is still around my mouth by using a napkin. I then get up as I pack my stuff from the floor. I had taken my bagpack with me, so that I can immediately leave when it's announced that the car is ready. I don't want to be taken to school by a ing carriage, I don't want to be hated more and more. 

''Your Majesty, I would like to announce that I am ready to take you to school.'' the driver says as he stands still in the doorstep of the diningroom. Ah, great on time. I bow at him and I make my way to him. The driver turns around and makes his way outside. The driver opens the door to the backseat and I get in the car. I throw my backpack next to me and I look outside. The driver closes the door and takes a seat behind the wheel. He then starts the engine and starts to drive away from the palace. I am only excited to see Hakyeon again, I don't really care about the rest. We still have to wait until we graduated, because I then will turn Hakyeon into a vampire and I then can introduce him to my parents. I really want my parents to like him once they meet him in person. My mum is basically okay with me having a relationship, but I can only introduce Hakyeon if he is a vampire.

The human world starts to come closer more and more, meaning that reuniting with Hakyeon is coming closer aswell. I will pretend that I don't hear the comments that come from around us, because it's my relationship and not theirs.

''So Your Majesty, is it true that you're dating? I have heard stories from Her Majesty The Queen.'' the driver asks in the mean time and I immediately starts to chuckle, because I immediately start to think about Hakyeon. My head is making me crazy right now and I think that I now start to understand what humans mean with whenever they are in love. Except for the fact that my heart doesn't beat, it's as black as death is.

''Yes, that's right. I am dating somebody. He is human, but I told him that he must become a vampire if he wants to live with me after we graduated from school.'' I respond, without even looking at the driver. I am sure that my heart would beat very fast if it would beat, but I think Hakyeon's heart is beating fast like mine would.

''Ah, I see. But don't forget that he must be a vampire if he is coming with us one day.'' the driver says and I hum in response. I already know that, but Hakyeon knows that he has to sacrifice a lot if we can stay together. By far I have heard from him, he is willing to make that sacrifice.

The school comes closer and the looks of the students turn into a disgusting one, as if they are about to puke on me. But I only care about one human being... Hakyeon. Only Hakyeon makes me feel good and I feel motivated again to graduate in the end. So once the car stops, the driver gets out and makes his way to the door. He opens the door and I take my backpack from the backseat before I get out of the car. I thank the driver as he closes the door and gets in the car again, before driving away.

''The rich kid is back, ew.'' one of the girls whispers, but I ignore all of the looks and I make my way to the school entrance. I'm not surprised to not see Hakyeon here, because he isn't a type who would wait for me at the entrance. Maybe I'll see him at my locker, we'll keep hope. I make my way to my locker and to my disappointment, he isn't there. Huh? I thought that we were going to meet up today.

It's then that Wonshik shows up with a badly abused Hakyeon, who can barely walk because of the injuries. I don't even have to ask what he has done, because I can hear that in his mind. Wonshik starts to laugh immediately and I look at him with a poker face.

''So you thought that harming him would drive me crazy?'' I ask him and Hakyeon screams in pain as Wonshik pulls at Hakyeon's hair. Wonshik keeps laughing and looks at me.

''He's a nobody, just like you. You're not a real prince, like everyone thinks.'' Wonshik continues and I immediately grab his throat as I push him against the lockers. Wonshik lets go of Hakyeon in a reflex and Wonshik tries to break free from my grip, but I only tighten my grip more and more when Wonshik tries to break free.

''I will make you bow for me, because I will show you that I am a prince in fact. As for Hakyeon, you better leave him alone and you leave me alone. We might be a nobody in your eyes, but I will prove to you that we are far from a nobody.'' I tell him as I let go and lift up Hakyeon in my arms. Hakyeon groans and I take him with me to the bathroom.

''What did he do to you?'' I ask him and Hakyeon bursts into tears. I run into one of the toilets and I manage to lock the door as I put Hakyeon on the floor. I can't hold myself under control any longer. I no longer wait for an answer of Hakyeon as I sink my fangs into his arm. It already tastes delicious, so I can't wait to clean the rest. But to end up like this isn't something Hakyeon deserves at all.