ELEVEN

High School Lovers

After 20 minutes, a knock is being heard on the door. Hakyeon breaks the kiss and rolls on the bed, completely letting go of me. I sit up straight and I give permission to come into my room, whoever it may be. The door goes open and it's my parents who enter my bedroom. Hakyeon quickly takes my hand in his and scoots closer, scared of what is going to happen.

''So this is the human that you turned right? Finally we're seeing him in person.'' my mum says as she approaches us. Hakyeon is still very scared and squeezes in my hand. I smile when I look at him and I whisper to him that it's going to be fine, knowing that my parents can hear that. But I only want to comfort Hakyeon, nothing else.

''Be careful mum, he is very scared right now. He is scared of dad in particular.'' I tell my mum and Hakyeon burries his face into my shoulder. My mum stops in front of him and she places a hand on Hakyeon's shoulder, while my dad hasn't moved away from the door. I don't know what to think of my dad, but I am able to hear what my dad thinks. So whatever my dad thinks, I can hear it.

''It's an honor to meet your boyfriend in person. It's a shame that your father had given you such a horrible choice, but I understand why he did it. He doesn't want you among the humans anymore and he wants you to finish your school here. We will arrange a teacher who is going to give all the classes you used to have at the human school, the same counts for your boyfriend. I want him to be successful too.'' my mum says and Hakyeon looks at my mum, who starts to smile. My mum sits down on her knees and slides her hand down to Hakyeon's lap.

''What's your name?'' my mum continues and Hakyeon becomes more comfortable around her. His grip on my hand loosens a little, but Hakyeon still doesn't let go of my hand.

''I-I'm Hakyeon, Your Majesty.'' Hakyeon says and he looks at me. When I smile at him, he looks back at my mum. 

''Don't talk to me like that okay? Just treat me like I am your mum okay? But nice to meet you Hakyeon.'' my mum responds and gets up from the floor while letting go of him. Then, my dad comes forward and I have to swallow. I know how my dad can be like, so I better prepare myself for whatever he is up to.

My dad stops in front of Hakyeon as my mum steps aside. My dad looks at Hakyeon and doesn't stop for the upcoming 2 minutes.

''Now that he is a vampire, he is a better match for you. I think that if he is willing to sacrifice everything for his life here, that he can become the perfect boyfriend to be on your side. I will give him a chance, but he has to prove that he can be the perfect boyfriend.'' my dad says when he breaks the eyecontact with Hakyeon. My dad is a strict person and he wants to know that I'll end up with the right person.

My dad looks at me and I nod. At least I got some permission from my dad and he didn't throw a tantrum because of Hakyeon. Hakyeon sighs out of relief and his head is resting on my shoulder, which makes my mum laugh.

''You two look cute together, so I'm sure that the kingdom will agree. But school is important first, so let's focus on that. We'll start tomorrow with all of that, so that you can get your boyfriend used to this lifestyle. We'll leave you two alone for now, but we're expecting you two for lunch. When it's time, you two will be picked up by a maid okay?'' my mum shares with us and I nod, before my parents turn and leave the room.

Hakyeon immediately climbs on top my lap and lets go of my hand. He wraps his arms around my waist and his head is resting on my shoulder. A sigh of relief follows and I chuckle, before I kiss the top of his head. I was sharing the same feeling to be honest, because I wanted my parents to like him. And they finally do, though it wasn't needed that I had to turn him just now. Wait, I'll ask my dad why they showed up at my school.

''I was scared Taekwoon, but I'm glad that they like me. I'm glad that they also give me the opportunity to finish school here, with you.'' Hakyeon shares with me as he looks up at me. I wrap my arms around him and I kiss his cheek.

''Oh Hakyeon, you don't wanna know how I felt when my dad came in. I didn't have to worry about my mum, because I knew she would be happy about our relationship when she would be introduced to you. My dad, however, is very picky whenever it comes to my lovers. You honestly were very lucky that my dad likes you.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles.

''But hey, we can at least be together. Gosh, I can't believe I am living with my prince charming now.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle, before I kiss his forehead.

''Oh stop it. Alright, where were we? Ah, I know.'' I say as I push Hakyeon on the bed and I lay down on top of him. None of us let go of each other and Hakyeon immediately starts to chuckle. Oh well, Hakyeon and I indeed can be together. I hope that he also will be on my side whenever I will get the crown on my head and whenever I want to take the next step with him... getting married. But that is something I wanna keep for later, because we are dating since a short time.

It doesn't take long before Hakyeon lets go of my waist and slides his hands under my shirt, right on my back. I moan during our kiss and Hakyeon immediately chuckles. I totally wasn't expecting this, but I don't care. Because Hakyeon and I stay together, no matter if Hakyeon has to sacrifice his humanity to stay with me.