FOUR

High School Lovers

We're back in Hakyeon's car and I start to tell him about my life as a vampire. I show him that I have blood hidden in water bottles and I also bare my fangs to him as proof that I am a vampire in fact. Hakyeon still can't believe that I am a vampire and he keeps wondering how I managed to keep it hidden, but he also wonders why he hadn't seen it before that I am different. I then roll up my sleeve and I point at my arm.

''Do you see my skin? Mine is pale compared to yours. There's no blood in my system and blood makes the skin feel warm, but mine is cold due to lack of that. Our only way to survive is to drink blood. I don't drink from humans or so, I always drink from either a bag of blood or this.'' I tell him as I point to my water bottle. Hakyeon is mindblown and I can actually hear that.

''And... I can read your thoughts. It's not happening on purpose, it's a part of us. We can also hear conversations from a certain distance.'' I continue and Hakyeon's eyes widen. He gets to know more and more about me, but I hope that he can keep the promise not to tell the school about this. He told me that I can trust him, but I need to know for sure.

''And what about what just happened at the cafe? Why weren't you moving?'' Hakyeon asks and I take his warm hand in my cold one.

''I have to be invited in. I can try to get in without being invited in, but none of those attempts have worked so far. Us vampires have to be invited in, everywhere we go. When you invited me to take a seat in your car, I could easily get in. At school, I have to invite myself in. No one ,except for the teachers, know that I am a vampire.'' I explain and Hakyeon looks with his wide eyes at me.

''You're a vampire prince huh? What are you doing at a human school then?'' Hakyeon wonders and I sigh when I look at our hands. I hate this what my parents have made up for me, I hate this so much.

''My parents want me to graduate first before I'll be crowned as the new king.'' I simply respond and it's then that Hakyeon places a finger of his other hand on my chin as he pulls my face up. A smile has replaced the shocked look on his face, so I can't help but smile faintly.

''I'll help you to protect your secret. I was just too shocked to know that you're an actual vampire, because I always believed that they existed in stories. Other than that, I kissed you because I like you a lot. I really like you. You're the only one who talks to me and I feel comfortable when I'm around you. Love at first sight isn't just fate to me.'' Hakyeon says and kisses me again.

I keep telling Hakyeon about my life as an heir to the throne and how horrible it sometimes can be. 

''Vampires expect a lot from you and they want you to be a king they can rely on. My parents are strict rulers, so vampires are going through a hard time now. Once I graduate from school, my parents will set a date for the ceremony.'' I tell him and Hakyeon's eyes fill with tears again at the last words of my sentence. I pull him closer and Hakyeon starts to cry immediately.

''I don't want to lose you, Taekwoon. Once we graduate, I will never see you again. I don't want to lose you.'' Hakyeon cries and I wrap my arm around him. It's hard to see him like this, but I can't change much about it. I love Hakyeon too, I really do. That kiss changed me for the better. But I can't take Hakyeon with me like this, my parents will kill him. My parents hate humans since they know about the existance of the humans. Humans must be seen as our food source, not as individuals.

''I don't wanna lose you too, Hakyeon. But I can't take you like this with me. My parents hate humans and only see them as a food source. But because of the fact that I was sent to a human school, I feel like I am more human than a vampire on the inside. I have to turn you after the graduation if I want you with me.'' I tell him and his cries rip my undead heart apart. Why is this love for Hakyeon making it so difficult on me now?

I manage to take my water bottle and I take another sip of blood. I can smell how fantastic Hakyeon's blood is like, but I can't do this. I must keep myself under control and I don't want to break the trust I just won. Hakyeon pulls back from me and takes a napkin to whipe his tears away. He looks at me as I take another sip from my blood.

''How can you even manage to keep yourself under control when you're being surrounded by humans?'' Hakyeon then asks and I look at him. I hope that Hakyeon won't be scared if he sees how my eyes are going to be like when I sink my fangs into a bag of blood, but I think it'll surprise him even more.

''That's why I have these bottles. They are filled with blood and I have multiple of them with me, so that I can distract myself from all the blood I smell around me. I just did that aswell when you had burried your head in my shoulder. Your blood was calling for me, but I couldn't do it. We just met, we're dating already and I don't want to break that down again.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods as he starts to understand more and more.

''You're so special. You're a prince who attends a normal High School and you're also a vampire. I never knew that vampires actually exist, until you revealed your true you to me.'' Hakyeon says as he starts to kiss me again. I close my eyes and I feel Hakyeon's arm around my neck. Is it really that fate brought us together? I just don't think that it's a coincidence that Hakyeon and I had fallen in love with each other. But I am concerned about how my parents will react if they hear about my relationship with Hakyeon, my parents will kill him.

A/N I wrote this at school. I have to wait until 11:45 AM until I have my class, so that's enough time to write something.