THREE

High School Lovers

Finally, the last bell has rung. I quickly pack my stuff and I rush in normal speed to my locker. I have to be very careful with everything, because it can be revealed anytime soon that I'm a vampire. And besides, I need to drink something. I leave all of my blood in my locker, because I don't want to look suspicious. I have everything in several water bottles and I have to fight against my own hunger not to give in. I quickly take one of the water bottles out of my locker and I take a sip from the blood. Good god, I missed this so much. I pack all of the bottles into my backpack and I throw some books in it that I don't need to take home.

It's then that someone closes my locker and when I look up, it's Hakyeon. How does he know that I was here? I never told him that I have my locker here. Oh well, we're going to spend some minutes at Hakyeon's favorite place. I had already sent my mum a text message in which I told her that I'm coming home a little later, because I'm hanging out with someone after school. My parents aren't too happy that I'm hanging out with someone after school, because they are waiting for the moment that my true identity is going to be revealed.

''Hi Hakyeon, I wasn't expecting you here actually.'' I tell him and a shy smile appears on Hakyeon's face. He leans against the lockers and looks at me after a couple of seconds. His eyes tell me that he is still too shy to look me in the eyes, but it's cute. His thoughts are driving me crazy, because he is thinking lots of things about me. He even thinks that I'm cute and that he is into a dilemma of falling for me or not. I can't tell him that I can read minds, because he'll wonder whether I am human or not. Well, my skin betrays me. But not everyone here has knowledge on how a vampire looks like.

''I just saw you standing here, so I just decided to make my way to you. But are you ready?'' Hakyeon asks with a little bit of insecurity in his voice. I smile at him as I nod. The two of us make our way outside and I can hear some humans chuckle, but I decide to ignore that. I put on my sunglasses and I decide to follow Hakyeon like a lost puppy, because I have no idea where we are going to. And it turns out that Hakyeon has his own car, a white Hyundai Elentra to be exact.

''Wow Hakyeon, that's a nice car.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at me at the time we stop at his car.

''Well thank you, my prince.'' Hakyeon chuckles and invites me to take a seat in his car. It's the first time that I will ever open a door of a car myself, since my driver usually does it.

Once arrived at a small cafe ,which turned out to be Hakyeon's favorite, I swallow. I would love to take my water bottles with me, but I'm sure that Hakyeon will notice that I am different. I'll just go for a glass of water then, that will help to cover up that I'm a vampire.

We get out of Hakyeon's car and we make our way to the cafe, until I realise that I can't move any further. Ah right, I nearly forgot that I have to be invited in here. Public spot or not, I must be invited in. Going to a human school makes me forget about that I'm a vampire. Hakyeon looks at me and is surprised that I'm 'frozen' in my spot. I can't tell him that I have to be invited in, because I will reveal myself if I do.

Many people start to look at me and are surprised that I am not moving any further. I just can't, I must be invited in. Hakyeon makes his way to me and he takes my wrist, before trying to pull me further. My feet aren't going any further and I sigh in frustration, because I wish I could leave all of this behind.

''What is this Taekwoon? Why aren't you moving?'' Hakyeon asks and tries to drag me with him, but I am not moving a single inch. Right at the moment he tries to take my hand, his finger slide under my jacket and upon my cold skin. Hakyeon gasps in response and pulls back immediately.

''Wha-What are you? You can't be human, can you?!'' Hakyeon exclaims and I sigh. I hate my life, because Hakyeon will reveal my identity tomorrow. I am screwed right now.

''I can't tell you, Hakyeon. I can't. If I tell you, the whole school will know. You're cute, but I can't share this with you.'' I tell him a little frustrated and I turn around, before I walk away and leave Hakyeon behind. However, Hakyeon rushes to me and wraps his arms around my waist. I sigh, but I refuse to look at him.

''Hakyeon, I can't live a life like you do. Yes, I am different. But I can't share any details with you, because the whole school will know.'' I continue after a few seconds of silence. Hakyeon lets go of me and I turn to face him. Hakyeon's eyes are filled with tears and he bites his lip to hold himself together.

''Just-Just tell me what you are, Taekwoon. You aren't human, you can't be. Tell me, what are you?'' Hakyeon keeps demanding me to give him the answers he wants, but I can't. Well, only if he keeps his mouth shut.

''Only on one condition, Hakyeon. I have to know that I can trust you, because I can forget about my diploma if you tell this to the entire school.'' the tone in my voice becomes a little harsher and it's then that Hakyeon grabs my jacket, before pulling me towards him.

''Tell me, I-I promise I won't tell anyone. I-I can't, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon stutters a little and I can hear in his voice that he is about to cry. I sigh and I take off my glasses. I bend a little towards Hakyeon, close enough to whisper into his ear.

''I'm a vampire. Yes, they exist.'' I whisper into his ear and when I pull myself away from Hakyeon's ear, his eyes widen and he starts to shake a little. I remove his hand from my jacket and I turn away yet again. I want to ask my parents if I can get homeschooled, because the humans know my secret.

''Taekwoon, wait!'' Hakyeon screams and runs to me to come after me. Once close enough, he pulls at my jacket and I turn yet again. Without any second to waste, he crashes his lips onto mine. On the inside, I feel like a love bomb has exploded. Never knew that I would like him the moment he starts to kiss me, but why would he kiss me if I have a cold skin?

Hakyeon wraps an arm around my waist as I place my hands on his shoulders. I have no idea how to tell this to my parents, because they are going to kill Hakyeon if they know that he is human. My parents will rip him apart and I don't want him to go through all of that. I must protect Hakyeon on all costs, even at school.