FIFTEEN

High School Lovers

Once Hakyeon and I have changed into the outfits that my parents prepared for us, we go downstairs again. Now, it's my mum who is waiting for us. Apparently, my dad returned to the ballroom where a lot of noise comes from.

''It's time to hand all of this over to you, you have worked hard enough for this. And you have some great support on your side, so you don't have to do this on your own.'' my mum says as she smiles, before she pulls me in for a hug. My dad always told me that I would be crowned as the new king as soon as I would graduate from school, but I never could imagine that it would be this fast. When she lets go, she pulls Hakyeon in for a hug.

''I am sure you will do a great job on Taekwoon's side, even you worked hard to finally have a diploma in your hands. So you are given the opportunity to walk him down the aisle towards my husband.'' my mum adds as she lets go of Hakyeon. Hakyeon's eyes widen when he looks at me, as if he wants me to confirm that it's real what she just said. I nod at him, but I am as confused as he is. I wasn't expecting my mum to say that, but I am glad that no one else will do so.

''When your dad calls your name, you enter the ballroom alright?'' my mum brings forward real quick, before she rushes to the ballroom. Not even giving us time to react. I look at a confused Hakyeon as I take his hand in mine, assuring him that it's going to be fine. I wasn't expecting my mum to say that Hakyeon would walk me down the aisle, but I am happy that Hakyeon can do so. All of this is becoming reality and I still have to adjust this to realise that my new life is going to happen soon, although I could've done it sooner. Because my dad told me a lot of times that I would be crowned immediately after I would graduate.

I take a deep breath before I look towards the ballroom. I lift up our hands a little, because it's a must to do so. If we hold each other's hand, they must be visible to the guests. I take a deep breath and I look at Hakyeon, who still is very nervous about all of this. Well, I would feel the same way if I were in his shoes. But I kinda warned him for this, so he knew that it would happen so soon. Aside from that, I wish I also got more time to take this in. However, I don't have that time and I never got the equal amount of time to get used to this than maybe everybody else would.

''Don't forget that you'll become a king aswell once we're married, because the kingdom will see us as one entity from that day on. For now, you are my boyfriend alright?'' I explain to Hakyeon, who nods yet again. There is no way back and I hope that Hakyeon realises this aswell, because our life no longer is the same once I get that crown on my head. My parents will move out soon and that means that this entire palace and all of the staff are mine. And once I get married to Hakyeon, he will be another owner of this huge place. I hope that Hakyeon is going to change into a person that I can call my other half, because I don't want Hakyeon to remind himself of the human version of himself he used to be back in the days.

It's then that I hear my name and I look at Hakyeon, who nods once he looks at me. It's time to say my former life goodbye and embrace the new life. I have no choice in that, I have to undergo all of this. I'm an only child, so there is no way that I can say no. If I would do that, I would be a disgrace for the kingdom. I am their only rolemodel so far, so I have to do this.

Hakyeon and I enter the ballroom in slow steps and the guests look at us while the music is playing. It's then that Hakyeon and I make our way down the aisle towards my parents. I can hear the guests whisper into each other's ears about the lovely gentleman next to me and everyone wants to know who he is, but some are also excited to see me at the throne as I am the fresh face for the kingdom. I hope that I can fulfill all of their expectations.

My parents, on the other hand, smile the brightest they have ever done. Would they seriously be that happy that I take this heavy task over? Maybe it's just the way they look, but I can hear perfectly what they're thinking and I'm sure Hakyeon does too. At least he starts to learn more and more about his new life, but I won't stop with teaching him more about this life.

Once we stand in front of them, Hakyeon lets go of my hand. As he wants to take a seat, I grab his wrist and I look at him to tell him that I don't want him to sit down. I want him right behind me, because I don't have anything to hide when it comes to my relationship. I think it's time to let everyone know that I am happy now with someone like Hakyeon. Hakyeon nods and I let go of his wrist, before looking at my parents again.

My dad starts to tell an entire story about this day and that they are glad that I graduated from school, so that I can focus on my new role as a king. I didn't know that this part of the ceremony would last this long, but it makes sense. My dad became a king far before I was born, about a Century earlier. But a lot was so much different then compared to now, the world has changed for sure.

After a story of 15 minutes, my mum looks at me as a sign that I have to raise my fingers. I then raise my index finger and my middle finger, as if they are glued together, as I take a deep breath before I start with my short speech. Well short? It's more that I promise in front of the guests to take proper care of the kingdom and that I am someone to look up to, because that is what the kingdom needs.

''I, Jung Taekwoon, take all the responsibility that comes with this position. I promise that I will be a good rolemodel and that I will take all the responsibility that comes with anything that might happen in the future. I also promise to be a perfect husband for my future love and that I won't let my future love down.'' I then say and I slowly drop my fingers. I am glad that part is over, but at least the kingdom knows that I am going to dedicated my life to them. Also, I am more than happy that Hakyeon is here. I hope that he is open for anything that might enter our relationship, such as marriage.

It doesn't take long before I feel the crown on my head and I slightly nod towards my parents, I simply thank them. Once I turn towards the guests, they all get up from their seats before repeating a few times ''Hurray for the king'' after my dad tells them to repeat it after them. It feels unreal that they're saying this to me and not to my dad, but it's something I have to adjust into my life. Even when Hakyeon will carry the same title as I have once we are married.

Before I make my walk past the guests again to leave the ballroom to get changed into a different outfit, I reach out a hand to Hakyeon. I want him next to me all the time, because I wouldn't be here if he wasn't here with me. I think I still would be busy with school, but not here. Right now, I can focus on my life here and I don't have to go back to the human world ever again.