SIXTEEN

High School Lovers

Once we're upstairs, I take off my coat and drop it on my bed. It's then that Hakyeon wraps his arms around my waist and smiles at me, before he starts to kiss me. I am glad that this part is over, but we still have the reception where all the guests will be at aswell. One thing is for sure, tomorrow is my first official day as the new king and I am not ready for that. But there is no way back anymore and I must accept this fate. 

After Hakyeon breaks the kiss, he continues to smile and even I can't help but smile. Now that I have Hakyeon on my side, it's going a lot easier to get used to a brand new life. I'm curious how my human schoolmates think of this, something I shouldn't care about at all. But none of them, except for Hakyeon, wanted to believe that I was a prince in fact. I was and now that I am a king, I hope that they finally will realise that I was right all this time. Vampires can't lie and if they try to cover up their fake lies, other vampires would detect that a vampire was lying anyways.

''You did it Taekwoon, you're a king now. I am so freaking proud of you, my love.'' Hakyeon says as he kisses my neck a few times. I am glad that Hakyeon is very supportive and that he is willing to stay on my side, there is basically no way back to him. He only has human family and I basically turned him, so there's no way he can go back to his family. But I don't think he wants to, he is just too happy to be here with me.

''Come on, let's get changed. We can't let the guests wait right?'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods, before he places a few more kisses into my neck. Hakyeon is very cute and I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have him in my life, but it definitely wouldn't be the same as of today. And I'm not even lonely, so that is a good thing. I sacrificed a lot for our relationship, but even Hakyeon did. He just let me turn him in front of the entire school and just let me do whatever I was doing. I turn to my closet, where two outfits are waiting for us. Hakyeon's outfit consists of a silk blouse in a pastel rose color with a pair of black pants. My outfit consists of a black suit with a white shirt underneath and a golden necklace. Compared to Hakyeon, I also have to wear a slimmer version of the coat I wore during the ceremony. The one I threw on my bed, it made of thicker material and this one is a lot thinner. But I don't mind, I just hate it that I have to wear a freaking coat this day.

We get changed into the outfits that were waiting for us and Hakyeon starts to smile when he looks at me, before he pulls me in for a kiss. Once he pulls back, he places a hand on my cheek with the same bright smile on his face.

''You look gorgeous, my king. Goodness, never thought I would show up on such an important side like yours.'' Hakyeon squeals and I immediately start to chuckle, because it's so cute to see Hakyeon like this. Ever since we started dating, Hakyeon has changed a lot and I don't even recognise Hakyeon anymore. I don't see the high school Hakyeon anymore, that part of him is completely gone. It's a good thing to see that Hakyeon has changed so much, because I want him to be happy and I don't want Hakyeon to end up unhappy.

''Thanks my love, you look gorgeous too. Don't forget about that okay? You have undergone the biggest transformation out of the two of us and I can't be more proud of you to just let me turn you as you basically sacrificed yourself to be with me. Now that we're with the two of us, I still need to do one more thing.'' I tell Hakyeon as I go stand behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist and I sink my fangs into his neck. I am not drinking from him this time, I am marking him. My dad did the same to my mum, he marked her aswell. If a vampire is marked by another vampire, everyone will know that a vampire is already taken and can't be taken by someone else. So cheating will be tougher for vampires.

Once I pull back, my mark is in Hakyeon's neck. Usually we mark our partner once we're married, but I wanted to do this earlier. I can't wait that long, because I already know that Hakyeon is the love of my life. I look at Hakyeon, who smiles when he looks at me. I didn't tell him what I was doing, but I'm sure he is okay with what I was doing.

''In case you might ask, I marked you. It's important for us vampires to mark their partners, because it shows that vampires are taken and cheating becomes a lot harder aswell.'' I explain to him and Hakyeon nods. His arms rest upon my arms that are around his waist and Hakyeon keeps looking at me.

''I love you Taekwoon, I am so glad to be on your side and I am proud to call myself the king's boyfriend. I can't wait to be on your side in bed tonight, because tonight is going to be the first night that I lay next to a king.'' Hakyeon says as he kisses my temple. I smile and I close my eyes for a few seconds, because I love it to feel Hakyeon's lips against my skin.

''Alright, it's time to go downstairs again. We can't let the guests wait.'' I tell Hakyeon after I open my eyes and Hakyeon nods, before I let go of Hakyeon's waist. I then take Hakyeon's hand in mine and the two of us make our way downstairs. The reception also takes place in the ballroom, which I don't get at all, but my parents wanted this.

Once we make our way inside the ballroom, the guests get up from their seats and the two of us make our way to our table. My parents are already waiting for us and they are more than happy to carry everything on to me and Hakyeon. I want to make my parents proud by showing them that I can absolutely carry on what they have left for me. Some guests are talking about how Hakyeon and I are looking, they are amazed by our outfits and they wonder how we can look this gorgeous. In this case, I am more than happy that we have maids who pick our outfits. Can't believe that they're going to do this for me and Hakyeon in the future.

At the time we arrive at our table, I tell the guests to take a seat and they all take a seat right after I sit down myself just a second after I said it to the guests. It's unreal that they will listen to my orders in the future instead of my parents. But this is my new life and there is no way back anymore. So far, I am the youngest king the kingdom has gotten. And I love to carry that record with pride. I also hope that my former human schoolmates will bow for me the next time they see me. I told them that I would prove to them that I am not a nobody, but that I am more important than they can think about.