SEVENTEEN

High School Lovers

It seemed like the reception was lasting forever, because it took hours before it ended. The four of us are back in the livingroom and Hakyeon has taken my hand in his. For him, it's still hard to believe that we went from being bullied to being rolemodels to a vampire kingdom. Everyone at school knows by now that Hakyeon is a vampire, since I turned him in front of everyone at school. But I did the right thing and Hakyeon did aswell, since he sacrificed his humanity to stay with me.

''Alright, everything is behind you now. It's time for you to start a new chapter and I'm sure that you have enough support next to you if I look at Hakyeon.'' my mum then says as the maids put four glasses of blood on the table. I look at Hakyeon, who starts to smile. It took him long enough to get approved by my dad, since my dad wanted me to be with someone who he approves. But Hakyeon and I knew since we were dating that we were meant to be together. I want Hakyeon to become officially mine on a later moment, because he is the biggest support that I can ask for.

''Hakyeon for sure will be a great support on my side, just like you are to dad. It's unreal that I am the new king now, but it just needs some time and I have to take it all in.'' I share with my parents and I can tell that my mind is still in a big chaos, because I can't think properly. And in this case, I don't care that my thoughts are going to be read. I want everyone in this room to know how I feel right now. Hakyeon, in the mean time, scoots a little closer to me and his head is resting on my shoulder.

My mum can't help but chuckle when she sees us like this. She told me a few days ago that she loved it how I was protecting Hakyeon at the moment they arrived at school. She looked at me with a disapproving look, because she didn't agree with my dad to let me break up with Hakyeon. After I took Hakyeon with me here, she saw that Hakyeon was the right one for me and that I shouldn't be ashamed of it. Well, I'm glad she sees it that way. But it was annoying that Hakyeon had to prove himself in front of my dad, even though I understand why my dad wanted Hakyeon to prove himself. It's just my dad has a lot of crazy rules and I can finally break free from those rules.

I take my glass from the table and I take a sip from my drink. It's unbelievable that everyone is going to rely on me from now on and that they will look up to me, I also hope that my former classmates will now realise that I have been of royal decent all this time. I want them to bow for me and I will make them to... but not yet. I am not going to let vampires visit my classmates and make them bow for me, they will realise later on who I really am and that it was complete nonsense to bully me. For now, I want to get all of this settled and I also want Hakyeon to get used to this life, as I basically pulled him out of his former life. Hakyeon isn't really a prince, but he will become a king once I get married to him. And no matter which event I have to attend, Hakyeon also will get a special treatment since he is with me.

My dad shifts his position on the couch and he looks like as if he wants to look down on me, but that's just how my dad is. He wants to get the attention at some moments, but he just wants that vampires notice him. Now that he is a prince again, he will continue to do that.

''Your mum and I still want to give you something before it's our time to move out here. Once we leave, this place is yours Taekwoon.'' my dad says and I look at him as if he speaks in a foreign language. My dad never has given me any presents other than on my Birthday. My mum loved to spoil me every now and then, but my dad only wanted to spoil me on my Birthday. So the fact that he said this, is like a total shock to me.

My dad gets up from the couch and leaves the livingroom. I wonder what he is going to give me, because my dad never liked to spoil me at all. My dad wanted to stay in his role between these four walls and he always said that it was wrong to spoil his only child. My mum spoiled me like any other mum would and boy, she loved to spoil me without making me an arrogant prince. But my mum told me not to share this with my dad, because my dad would say that this behavior of my mum was unacceptable.

Hakyeon and I look at each other and Hakyeon's expressions show that he is beyond confusion. I pull Hakyeon in for a hug and I whisper in his ear that I wasn't even prepared for this, but he shouldn't worry about it so much. I will teach him more and more about this life and I also will tell him how marriages work here, since they are slightly different from human marriages, because it's still on my bucket list to get married to him. But not that soon, since I want to get used to my new title at first. I don't want to rush it all.

My dad later returns with a small box and I kinda wonder what this is about, but it's something I can't refuse. I can't turn it down, I can't do that to my parents. My mum gets up from the couch and joins her husband on his side as the two stand in front of me. I get up from the couch as I let go of Hakyeon, who remains on the couch where the two of us sat down on seconds ago.

''This is something that goes from father to son and now it's your turn to keep this important piece close to your heart. It's an important family heirloom and now it's time to hand it over to you, my only son.'' my dad says as he hands over the small box to me. It's a small box made of red velvet and our family coat of arms is on gold at the top of the box. I open the box and there are a golden niamh ring in it aswell as a necklace, which is also in gold. I remember how important these pieces are to our family and it's unbelievable that this is given to me shortly I was crowned.

''W-Well, thank you dad.'' I kinda stutter and my mum smiles as she places a hand on my shoulder. The family heirloom is now in my hands and I still don't want to believe it that this is finally mine. As a little kid, I said it so many times that I wanted these pieces of jewelry and that I couldn't wait before it was my time to get these. But now, that time is here.

Now, it's finally there that I am going to take over the throne from my dad and I hope that I am going to be a perfect rolemodel for everyone in the kingdom.