SEVEN

High School Lovers

It's late at night, but I don't care. Hakyeon and I are on the phone talking again. I now sit on my windowsill and I haven't been downstairs ever since my dad nearly had the chance to kill me. After I shared that with Hakyeon, he becomes more and more concerned about making his way over here when the ceremony is planned. I hope that I can make sure that my dad won't come near Hakyeon, but I don't know how to do that.

''But how can vampires be killed? Us humans can be killed in many different ways.'' Hakyeon is very curious about that, since we're labelled as 'immortal'. Hakyeon is very scared for his safety, because he know that he can end up dead if my dad will get his hand on Hakyeon.

''Yeah, we can be killed. We can be killed by a stake through the heart. Our heart doesn't beat, yet it's also a fatal organ.'' I explain to him and Hakyeon sighs to avoid that silence is kicking in.

''That makes me feel even more scared of losing you, Taekwoon. The heart is such an organ we must protect on all costs.'' Hakyeon continues and I nod. For both humans and vampires, the heart is an organ you don't wanna pierce something through.

''Hakyeon, come on. You can keep it in mind, but I don't wanna focus on that. Besides, I can turn you into a vampire if you will make the decision to move in with me. Honestly, I have to do that. Humans don't really have a life here. So if my parents do accept you in the end, you have to become one like us.'' I tell Hakyeon as he immediately gasps.

''A v-vampire? Are you really sure?'' Hakyeon asks and I hum immediately. But that will only happen once we're graduated. I hope that I can make it happen to take Hakyeon with me right after we're graduated, but my dad is going to resist for sure. My dad doesn't want me to date anyone who is not of royal decent. He only wants me to marry a prince or a princess, not an average human or not an average vampire.

''Hakyeon, it's a must. Humans can't really live a life here, we can't eat any human food. Vampires only drink blood.'' I respond and I look outside, where a small group of vampires wander through the street. I wish I was like them, free like a bird. But I have to follow strict rules and I have to be an example for the vampires.

''As much as I enjoy it to be a prince, my life is nothing compared to yours. You at least can do anything you want. I have to stay loyal to strict rules and I must be an example for the vampires.'' I sigh when I look at the interior of my bedroom again. I wish I could be as free as Hakyeon was and now, my dad has become a horrible creature because of the fact that Hakyeon and I are dating.

''Taekwoon, can I come in? I wanna talk.'' my mum asks shortly after I ended my phonecall with Hakyeon. I sigh when I jump off the windowsill and I give her permission to come in. I am so not ready for this conversation, but I have to talk with her. Because if I keep refusing, my mum will keep asking to have a conversation with me. She opens the door and she makes her way inside as drop myself on my bed.

''Are you okay? I wasn't expecting it that your dad would be that explosive.'' my mum says and I look at the ceiling, completely ignoring her. My mum immediately takes a seat next to me and I feel her hand on my leg, causing me to sigh.

''How do you expect me to be okay if dad nearly got me unconsious? He could kill me!'' I burst out and I close my eyes. I just want to be happy with Hakyeon and my dad don't want me to. Dad doesn't know what happiness is. Sure, we weren't supposed to feel it. But now that my parents sent me to a human school, I became a little human on the inside.

''Come on Taekwoon, tell me what's wrong.'' my mum says and I sigh, but I still don't open my eyes and I still don't look at her. I just want my mum to accept all of this and I hope she will, but it's my dad who is the hardest to convince that I wanna be happy.

''I.. I'm in love. I'm in love with someone of school and we have kissed today. He knows about my identity and he promised to keep it a secret. We have grown very close and I am considering to get him here once I'll be crowned as the new king, but dad doesn't want him here. Dad said that he wants to kill him if he gets my boyfriend in his hands.'' I tell my mum and I finally open my eyes before I look at her. My mum smiles and rubs over my leg.

''It's fantastic to be in love Taekwoon, but you know that we can't be together with a human. Humans have different food sources than we have, humans provide us their blood. If you want your boyfriend here, he has to be a vampire. He otherwise can't be here at your ceremony.'' my mum says and I nod, but I have already mentioned that when I was talking to Hakyeon.

''I know mum, I told that to him. But I just want him to be sure of being here with me, I already told him that he can't live here as a vampire. I have prepared him for that already.'' I share with my mum and she nods afterwards. Does that mean I get her approval to date Hakyeon? I hope I do.

''I'm okay with your relationship then, but don't forget to turn him before you take him here.'' my mum continues and I nod. Phew, I am more than happy now that my mum has given me an approval. Now, I hope that my dad will like him once I bring Hakyeon here as a vampire.