FOURTEEN

High School Lovers

5 months later, we're about to get the results of our exams. Mrs. Hwang managed to do a great job in teaching us the subjects that we used to get at the human school and honestly, I missed her way of teaching. Because she explains it in a way that no one else can and that's what I like about her so much. Hakyeon also liked her way of teaching, because she at least takes time for students whenever they struggle. And he also managed to surprise me, because there are so many struggles of Hakyeon I didn't know about.

Hakyeon is even more nervous than I am, but that's okay. I never have heard of the word 'nervous' and I don't feel like that either, so that should be fine. But I have a lot of pressure on my shoulders, because I must graduate before I can be crowned. Until then, I must do whatever it takes to graduate. But I hope that we'll get some positive news today, because I want all of this behind me. I want to prove everyone at the human school who I really am and that I am a lot more than they believed at first. I am a real prince and I am about to take the throne once I graduate. But those ers turned their back on me and Hakyeon already, so I don't have to give a about them anymore.

Hakyeon and I are in the livingroom as we hold each other's hand tight. Hakyeon takes a deep breath and his head is resting on my shoulder. Today is the day that we'll get the news if we made it or not. I'm sure we made it, because the way mrs. Hwang managed to get us through everything that we had to finish before we could start with the exams. Honestly, I'm glad we finished school here instead on that human school. They were all treating me like a nobody and I tried to shrug it off, but it was sad to know that no one was accepting me except for Hakyeon.

It's then that a maid enters the room with an envelope and I immediately get up from the couch. My parents are in the ballroom, because they wanted that Hakyeon and I were going to have our moment together when we get the results. But I think that there is more going on than just that, we'll see when we get the results.

''Well Your Majesty, here are the results that mrs. Hwang had given to me. The envelope is sealed, so no one knows what it's inside.'' the maid says as she hands over the envelope to me. I bow to her as she leaves the room. Alright, the moment of truth is here and it better be good. I don't want to study again and do those exams again, neither does Hakyeon. 

Hakyeon gets up from the couch and it's then that I realise that he didn't let go of my hand. Sometimes I can black out for a moment and I think I just did that. I look at Hakyeon, who immediately starts to smile and I can tell that it's a nervous smile. I better open this envelope right now, because I want Hakyeon to feel relieved. Hakyeon lets go of my hand and wraps his arms around my waist as he pulls me closer. I take a deep breath and I open the envelope. I then take the first document out of the envelope, which is a letter to me and Hakyeon.

''Hakyeon, we did it! Look!'' I tell him as Hakyeon starts to read the document and he smiles when he looks up at me. I then take out the other documents and it turns out that these two are our diplomas. My goodness, I am officially done with school and I am more than happy. That means I can focus on the crowning and it won't take long before I'll get the crown on my head. I wrap my arms around Hakyeon and I start to kiss him immediately. I am happy that I can close that part off and that I can start with leading a new life.

Hakyeon breaks our short kiss and tells me that we should tell my parents about this. We make our way to the hallway and I tell Hakyeon to stop, because I sense that there is something going on in the ballroom. So my parents were lying huh? Well, I'm going to get them out of that room. I don't want to ruin the surprise.

''Mom, dad? Can you come over here?'' I ask and I hear my mum respond with a soft 'yes'. It doesn't take too long before my parents show up and I show them the three documents that I have in my hands. My mum looks up with a smile and pulls me in for a hug.

''Congratulations my son, you did it. I am glad that you finally have your diploma. Now, go get upstairs and get changed into the outfit we have prepared for you. Same counts for your boyfriend.'' my mum says with a smile when she lets go of me as she pulls Hakyeon in for a short hug. Then, my dad also gives me a short hug and a faint smile is on his face. My dad barely smiles, but he is proud of me for sure. 

''Congratulations my son, you did it. You are ready to carry on what we will leave behind for you. Like your mother said, go upstairs and get changed into the outfit that we prepared for you. We will wait here for the two of you.'' my dad says and I nod, before the two of us make our way upstairs. I will keep these documents on a safe place, so that we can keep these safe and that we won't be able to lose them. Once I open the door, there are two outfits for us on my bed. The left one for Hakyeon and the right one is mine. Hakyeon's outfit consists of a velvet blue jacket, a white blouse with a black bow and a pair of black pants. There's also a golden necklace added to the outfit. Mine consists of a velvet red jacket, a black blouse, a pair of black jeans and a golden clip for my hair with the family coat of arms on it. But I also have to wear a coat, which will go over my shoulders. I take a deep breath when I see the coat, because I hate it that I have to wear this.

''So it's the real deal now right? Within just a moment, you're no longer a prince right?'' Hakyeon asks me as I close the door behind me. I take a deep breath again, because I know that he is right. But I don't wanna think about that just yet, because my life will be different. I won't be the prince anymore that could do whatever he wanted, but I will have vampires look up to me and I have to stay loyal to strict rules. Even more loyal than I already did.

''Yep, today is going to change everything. But we're graduated, so I assume that we can start with our activities soon.'' I tell Hakyeon as the two of us get changed into the outfits my parents prepared for us. Today is the day that I no longer will be a nobody, especially to those humans, but I will turn into someone who actually is somebody. A rolemodel for everyone. I think I will need time to adjust that into my life.