TWELVE

High School Lovers

Then, it's lunch time. I take Hakyeon's hand in mine and we make our way downstairs as we follow the maid who picked us up. This is Hakyeon's first meal together with us and it's for both of us very exciting, never knew that he would live with me that fast. But hey, we're just dating. If it doesn't go well between us, we still can separate. But it'll be hard for Hakyeon in this world, since he lived as a human before. I hope for now that we can stay together, because Hakyeon is the only one who cared about me in the human world. Now that he is a vampire, I hope that our relationship will become stronger than it used to be. But I'm sure that it will become stronger.

''It still feels unreal that I'm a vampire now and that I'm living with you now, Taekwoon. It's a shame that we couldn't finish school like we had hoped, but we still are at least together.'' Hakyeon tells me as we make our way downstairs and I nod. Hakyeon is right about that, but I hope that he will stay with me until the moment is there that I have to take over the spot from my dad. And boy, that is a big spot I need to fill up. So I am glad that I'm not graduated yet, because I don't have to feel so stressed about that yet.

The two of us make our way inside the diningroom, where both my parents are waiting for me. They look at me with a smile, though my dad's smile is a little more faint compared to my mum's. My mum always has been the most supportive from the two, she always told me that I could tell her anything if I struggled with anything. My dad is more busy with his so-called attitude towards the kingdom, my dad wants everything to be perfect on the outside. And when it comes to me, he wants to see me with a vampire who he approves. He needs to know that I have chosen the right vampire to be with and if that's not the case, he rather sees the vampire go through the gate and live a life without me. But with Hakyeon, I am thankful that Hakyeon is approved by my dad now that Hakyeon is a vampire.

''I hope that Hakyeon is going to have a great time here. I know that it has happened so fast, but I hope that your relationship with Taekwoon will develop into something beautiful.'' my mum says and Hakyeon smiles at the time we take a seat. I still have to teach Hakyeon how to eat like we do, but he'll get there. Newborn vampires always feel like they constantly want to drink blood, but they have to learn that they can't drink blood all the time. Us in particular, because we also attend events et cetera. But for now, Hakyeon and I need to focus on our studies.

''Who is going to help us with school? Who is going to teach us the subjects that are going to be important when we're doing exams?'' I ask as I can hear that the maids are waiting until they can serve us our food. I always have attended normal schools, but I don't know why I had to attend a human school.

''Remember mrs. Hwang? She is going to teach you the subjects from now on and she'll take you two to the library downstairs.'' my mum responds and Hakyeon pulls at my arm when he looks at me. Not a lot of vampires who visit us don't get to see the library, because it's more for private use. But every now and then, I was educated in the library.

''Y-You have a library inside the palace?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod. Hakyeon is going to be one of a few who will see the library, but I hope that he also would love to visit it aside from the education. At least, I would love to walk through the huge amount of books that we have stored there.

Right when my mum wants to open to speak, the maids come in with our food. Honestly, I am glad that we're going to eat something. Because it has taken way too long and I haven't eaten a lot at school. Mainly because I was cleaning Hakyeon's wounds.

''It's okay if you eat like a rude monster, but don't forget that I'll teach you soon how you are going to eat like us.'' I whisper into Hakyeon's ear and he smiles in response. He switches our hands as he holds my hand in his this time. I think Hakyeon needs some security when he is going to drink his blood this time.

The maids remove the cloches and a bowl of blood is greeting us. I have learned myself how I have to keep myself under control until I get the sign that I can eat. My parents and Hakyeon start to breathe heavily, but I don't. Hakyeon looks at me with his dark eyes, but I close my eyes instead. I need to keep myself under control and if I open my eyes now, I lose control over myself and it will take a long time until I have myself under control again. 

''Alright, let's eat.'' my dad says in a darker voice and it's then that I open my eyes. My eyes turn darker aswell and I start to drink from the blood like everyone else does. My parents eat like monsters and so does Hakyeon, but I eat in a more fancy way. But that also means that I eat slower than everybody else.

Within a few minutes, my parents are done first and Hakyeon finishes a few seconds later. Hakyeon's dark eyes look at me while I'm still busy, but I ignore his look into my direction. I learned this back at elementary school, because everyone learned there how you have to eat properly.

I finish nearly 2 minutes after everyone was done and I use my napkin to remove the blood that I still have around my mouth. It's then that I look at Hakyeon, whose eyes have returned to their original color. Hakyeon is a newborn vampire, so he has to get used to his new life. And I try to help him as much as I can, even though I don't know how I should help out humans who just turned into a vampire. I was born this way, so I am used to a life as a vampire. 

''Well Hakyeon, how was lunch for you? Your first lunch as a vampire.'' I ask as Hakyeon starts to smile, yet it's a weak smile. He isn't strong enough yet, but that is alright. Newborn vampires have to learn how to become stronger, so it's alright that Hakyeon's smile is still a little weak.

''It was fine I guess, it tastes good to my surprise.'' Hakyeon says and I smile at him. It's all new to him, but I will help him out with becoming a real vampire. I want Hakyeon to become happier than he used to be in his old life.