Four: Unspoken

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four: Unspoken

 

“Son Naeun, you’re spacing out again!”

 

She was pulled from her reverie by Bomi’s voice. Straightening her back, she turned to her friend. “You said something?” she asked.

 

Bomi shook her head. “I said, ‘good night. I’m going to my room now.’”

 

“Oh, sorry.” She gave her friend an apologetic look.

 

“I noticed you’ve been spacing out a lot lately,” Bomi continued.

 

She said nothing and looked away. Bomi was right. There were several instances when they had to call her attention because she was lost in her own thoughts.

 

“I have this theory that it has something to do with a certain SHINee member. I think it was the oppa who’s the best in dancing,” someone quipped. It was Hayoung who just stepped out from the bathroom.

 

She turned to their youngest member and glared. “Quit it!” she snapped.

 

Hayoung seemed unfazed and went on with her speech. “I’m still curious about what you and brother in law talked about inside NCT’s waiting room last year. You guys talked for quite a while,” she said, emphasizing the last three words.

 

She could feel blood rushing to her face. She couldn’t believe her ears. This person was really something else! She’s like the female version of Key who always speaks his mind. Naeun began questioning why she’s friends with her.

 

“Yah, Oh Hayoung…” she warned through gritted teeth.

 

Her friend ignored her and went on. “I remembered that night when brother-in-law drove you home. Your face was beet red when you got home. What happened exactly?”

 

Her blood boiled. “Yah, come here!” she grabbed a pillow from the bed and threw it at Hayoung who ducked, successfully evading the pillow.

 

“Come on, unnie. Tell us what happened. I’m dying of curiosity.”

 

She aggressively ran a hand through her hair, her eyes seething with irritation. “Just wait until get my hands you!”

 

In the next second, the room was filled with her threatening words and Hayoung’s laughter as she chased her friend around. They went on for minutes, until an authoritative voice made them stop on their tracks. It was Chorong. Their leader was standing next to Bomi who was watching them with an amused expression.

 

“Stop it, you two,” Chorong reprimanded, and looked at Hayoung. “Stop provoking Naeun. You know how scary she gets when she’s mad.”

 

“And you, Son Naeun,” her leader turned to her. “You need to calm down. Stop running around.”

 

Hayoung and her silently nodded. Chorong gave them a warning look before walking out. Bomi followed close.

 

When the two were out, she narrowed her eyes at Hayoung who made a peace sign with her fingers while smiling sweetly at her. She gave her friend a reprimanding look before grabbing the robe from the bed.

 

“I’m going to take a shower,” she announced then stepped into the bathroom.

 

They were currently staying in a hotel in Tokyo. They just wrapped up their scheduled two-day concert for the month of February. It was exhausting dancing and singing nonstop for two hours, but it was worth it seeing the joy on the faces of their fans. Besides, they were enjoying themselves as well.

 

When she was done with her shower, Hayoung was already asleep. They both had been sharing a hotel room for the past few days. To her annoyance, Hayoung would not let a day pass by without teasing her. It was becoming an irritating routine of her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter