Six: First Love

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six: First Love

 

“Yah, Kim Kibum! Where are you taking my friend?” Eunji roared from the other line.

“Relax,” Key assured, his tone nonchalant. “We’re just going to borrow her for a little while.”

“No!” Eunji protested. “We’re supposed to have dinner tonight! Bring her back!”

“You guys can always go out another time.”

Key ignored Eunji’s grievances and eyed her, motioning her to pacify her friend. The call was on loud speaker so she could clearly hear Key and Eunji’s banter. She was sitting in the back of the car while Key was in the front passenger seat. Minho was their driver whose attention was solely focused on the road.

“Unnie,” she said softly, preparing herself for what’s to come. Her friend would surely give her an earful. She already knew it.

“Son Naeun, where are you?!”

She scrunched her eyes shut. She initially wanted nothing to do with Minho and Key’s agenda, but then there she was, letting them take her to wherever. She hated how indecisive she was.

“I’m sorry unnie,” she apologized.

The other line was silent for a moment before Eunji spoke. “Fine,” she sighed, sounding defeated. “We’ll let you off since tomorrow’s your birthday. We’ll cancel tonight’s dinner.”

She breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you, unnie.”

“Kim Kibum!” Eunji directed her words back to Key.

“What?” Key drawled.

“Make sure to bring her back in one piece, or you’ll see.”

“Yah, whatever.” Answered Key and ended the call, unaffected by Eunji’s threat.

Minho slowed down the car when they reached the SM Entertainment building. After they found a parking spot, she cautiously followed them through the main doors. It was already late so only a few people were roaming the building.

Curious eyes followed them as they walked around. They were probably wondering why she was with Key and Minho. After a few turns, an elevator ride, and a few more turns, they reached the doors leading to the dance room.

“We’re here,” said Minho.

“Obviously.” Key rolled his eyes, earning a glare from Minho.

She stopped walking and stood by the door. Placing a hand on the door handle, she hesitated.This is bad idea, she thought. She glanced back at the two standing behind her. They were eyeing her expectantly.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” she asked.

The duo instantly nodded in sync. Just a while ago, they had asked her if she could get Taemin to stop practicing.

He needs to stop. I swear he already knew every aspect of his routines; all he really needed was a good rest, Minho lamented earlier.

Being the perfectionist that he was, she was told that he kept rehearsing with little rest. If he continues at that rate, his body would collapse before he could even start his promotions. She remembered that he would often do the same thing in the past. He wouldn’t listen to anyone, except her.

Her face softened. When it comes to Taemin, everyone was concerned. Although he had already grown into a man, far from his aloof and shy fifteen-year-old self, he was still adored and spoiled by the people around him. She was one of those people. Even though they were no longer together, she knew deep in her heart that she still has a soft spot for him. She was his first love, after all.

She gave the two a weak smile. She was starting to doubt herself. What if he wouldn’t listen to her this time?

“What if…” she hesitated. “Maybe we should call your manager to-” Before she could finish, one of the duo opened the door. The next thing she knew, she was pushed inside.

“Yah!” she protested. She quickly turned to see the two giving her a ‘fighting’ gesture before the door was shut close.

But I’m not ready to go in yet!Her mind protested, her eyes shooting daggers at the closed door.

Sighing in defeat, she turned her attention to the room. She was greeted by loud music and Taemin’s back. He was dancing, fully immersed into his dance to even notice the commotion that had just ensured.

“Lee Taemin!” she called, but her voice was drowned by the mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter