Twenty-seven: Dawn

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty-seven: Dawn

 

 “What are you doing here?” she asked, eyeing him bewilderedly. 

He gave her a nonchalant look. 

“I’m going for a mini-vacation,” he replied. “I heard there’s this private resort in Da Nang so I’m going to take a look to see if it’s really as nice as they described.”

“And you happen to be going at the same time as me, boarding the same plane.” She said with an unbelieving look.

He chuckled.

“Fine. We planned everything,” he admitted. 

‘I knew it.’ She thought. ‘This was too much if it was a coincidence.’

He moved to tuck a strand of loose hair behind her ear. “Stop frowning. You should be happy since I’m going with you,” he said and sent her a wink.

She rolled her eyes and didn’t comment further. 

While they waited for the other passengers to finish boarding, she decided to sleep. 

“Oppa, I’m going to sleep. Don’t bother me,” she said and forced her eyes shut.

“Araso,” she heard him say. 

True to his words, he obediently sat next to her. He probably sensed that she’s not in her best mood so he let her be. 

Soon the captain announced that they were ready for take-off. Minutes later, they were up in the air. 

She was dozing off when she felt his head on her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open as she spoke. “Oppa, your head is heavy,” she complained.

“Hmm?” He lifted his head off her shoulder. “You can lean on mine then,” he spoke softly and lifted the arm rest between their seats so she could lean comfortably.

“Okay.” She gladly accepted his offer.

When she was about to fall into a deep sleep, she felt him adjust their position. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer.

She was about to open her eyes when he spoke. 

“Sleep. I’ll wake you up when we get there,” he whispered tenderly. Then she felt his lips touch her hair.

Her lips smiled faintly. It was funny how she easily accepted everything. No further questions asked. She was just glad to have this time away, and to have him with her. 

 

When Naeun woke up, she was greeted by the sound of dancing waves and the smell of the sea. The peaceful wind was blowing softly on the white curtains of her canopy bed. 

She reached for her phone and checked the time. It was past five in the morning. 

‘I slept for more than eight hours,’ she thought.

It was already dark when they reached Da Nang after a five-hour long flight. They headed straight to the resort they were going to stay in afterwards. When they were settled in, they had dinner and then decided to call it a day. They figured they should take advantage of this mini get away to catch up with their sleep.

She pushed herself up to a sitting position and discovered that she left her bedroom door open.

“No wonder it’s breezy,” she murmured.

She looked past the open French doors and saw that the dark sky was beginning to gain color. Blissful shades of red, orange, and yellow were painted on the gloomy sky and were reflected on the ocean’s surface, promising a colorful day ahead.

They were currently staying at one of the resort’s seaside villas. One of the things she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter