Twenty-eight: Dare You

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-eight: Dare You

 

She heard a knock on the door. 

“Naeun-ah,” he called faintly. “Open the door. I need to use the restroom.”

She forced her eyes close and grunted. It has been almost half an hour since she locked herself in that room.

‘Urgh! Why did I have to enter the wrong room?’

“I’m not done yet!” she lied. “Use mine.”

“Okay,” she heard him say. 

Seconds later, she heard his soft footsteps walking away. 

She moved towards the side of the door and watched his retreating back through the glass part of the door. When he was nowhere in sight, she faced the wall and rested her forehead against the wooden wall. 

‘What am I going to do now?’

It took her another half an hour before she finally convinced herself to go out. It would be more embarrassing if she prolonged it further. 

Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door slowly. Then she peeked her head out to examine her surroundings. She breathed a quiet sigh of relief when no one was insight. Her intuition was telling her that he would if he saw her sneaking around like a thief.

Her steps are light as she tiptoed towards her room. She was about to cross the doorway of her room when she looked down and saw Taemin sleeping on the outdoor chaise. It seemed like he wasn’t lying when he said he didn’t get enough sleep last night.

She pondered for a moment before going into her room. At least he wasn’t awake to see her sneaking back to her room.

It was not until a few hours later when he woke up.

 

“Oppa, hurry up!” She urged gleefully and motioned for him to walk faster.

The Cartier bracelet around his wrist gleamed against the sun when his hand moved to fix his sunglasses. 

“I’m right behind you,” he answered amusedly, seeing her excitement. He quickened his steps to match her pace.

It was almost ten in the morning and they still haven’t eaten anything yet. Not even a cup of coffee. They were now currently on their way to have their late breakfast. 

Earlier, he suggested for them to order for their food but she insisted on dining out. There was this place that she wanted to try out that she saw while browsing through the resort’s brochure. 

“Watch your steps,” he said and held her hand when she stepped into the tram. 

The restaurant that she wanted to go to was located close to the top of the hill so they had to take a tram to get there. With the way the resort was structured, one either had to take the tram or walk flights of stairs to get to the higher places or to get down to the beach if one’s coming from the top. 

All incoming clients get to the resort by driving up the other side of the hill until they reach the top where they check in. And from there, they would have to take a tram to go down to their respected villas. Their villa was one of those closest to the water so they had to take the tram if they wanted to get to the higher parts of the resort.

When they reached the top, she fixed her straw hat and excitedly hopped off the tram. She smoothed down the skirt of her white summer dress and handed her phone to Taemin.

“Oppa, can you take a picture of me?” she asked with a wide smile.

He replied with a slight nod and indulged her. 

Holding her straw hat and purse, she did a few poses until she was satisfied with the pictures he took. She wanted to take a few more but Taemin complained that he was hungry. 

“We’ll take more after were finished eating,” he consoled when he saw her sullen expression and led her inside the restaurant. 

“Fine,” she mumbled and followed his lead.

When they stepped inside, they were greeted by one of the staff and were immediately ushered to their table. 

When they got to their table, Taemin was quick to pull her chair out for her and slid her back in before seating himself. She didn’t failed to notice the smile on the staff’s face as she watched them get settled. 

“What a sweet boyfriend you have,” the lady commented before handing out the menu.

She didn’t bother to correct the lady’s assumption and waited for Taemin to do so but he was already busy looking at the menu. 

“What do you want to eat?” he inquired, his eyes still glued to the menu.

“I don’t know yet,” she answered, “all I know is that I’m hungry.”

They were seated close to the wall which was entirely made of glass. This allowed them to have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter