Thirty-Eight: Breaking News

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Breaking News

 

“Son Naeun-ssi, we’ll start shooting in a few minutes.”

She smiled at the staff member through the mirror then nodded.

“We’re almost done here,” her makeup artist told the staff member and continued the finishing touches of her makeup. 

They had been shooting for Adidas’ winter collection for about an hour now, yet they’re only halfway done. There were several pieces she still had to wear. It would probably take them all morning to finish.

Once her makeup was done, she stood up to tell the photographer that she was ready. She was walking towards a staff member when she noticed several of them huddled in front of a computer. 

“Daebak!” She heard one of them exclaim. “This is really big news!” 

“I wonder who it was,” another added.

“Is this really true?!”

“Look, the evidence says it all. This can’t be fake news!”

She smiled inwardly and shook her head. Gossip always get people excited. She pitied whoever was on the headlines this time. He or she was probably freaking out right now. 

Though somewhat curious, she chose to mind her own business and walked past them. Gossiping would do her no good. She had more than once already been the subject of it. It was definitely not a good feeling. A simple string of thoughtless and hurtful words could definitely affect one’s mental and physical health. 

However, her steps halted when she heard a familiar name. 

“So Taemin is really dating?!”

“What?” she murmured, quickly turning to face them. 

Her feet unconsciously started walking towards the group, her heart beating loudly like a drum.

What is going on? 

“Oh Naeun-ssi,” one of them called when they noticed her making her way towards them. 

“Have you seen the news?” Another added. “They said Taemin is dating-” 

The staff was cut off when she, almost too sudden, forced her way in front of the computer. Ignoring those around her, her anxious eyes quickly scanned the screen. 

BREAKING NEWS: LEE TAEMIN FROM SHINee IS DATING

gaped open as she read the bold letters over and over again. She was at a loss for words. 

“Shocking isn’t it?” one of the staff commented.

“What’s so surprising about it?” Another disputed. “He’s a grown man. He can date whoever he wants.”

“I thought you’re his fan. Aren’t you supposed to be freaking out like the ones in the comments section?”

“Why would I?” the same staff calmly replied. “I’ve been his fan since his debut. It’s about time he starts dating. He can’t be single forever.”

Her eyebrows rose a notch. “So…you’re not really upset that he’s dating someone?” She cautiously asked. 

“As a fan, I’m all about my idol’s happiness. As long as he’s happy with her, we Shawols will support them. There will be fans who will disagree with me. I’m sure of that. Those were the immature and irrational ones. However, I can assure you that the majority of our fandom will support them. They both deserve to be happy and loved. They should just ignore those negative fans.”

Her heart was filled with warmth. 

Thank you.

How times have changed. She felt like it was only yesterday when a fan came up to her, demanding her to stay away from Taemin. And now, another fan was telling her to be happy and in love. 

When no one commented further, the fan pointed at the bottom of the article. “Look here,” she said, referring to the comments section.

Wow! This is unexpected but congratulations to the new couple! This fan is happy for you~

Taemin is really dating?! Oh my gosh! Finally, you’re not single since birth TT

Daebak! Is this really true? If it is, cheering for them ^^ 

Noooooo~ TT

I knew it. He’s been hinting for a while now that he’s seeing someone. Congratulations! I wonder who’s the girl?

The fan was right. If you actually read through the posts, the majority of the comments were cheering and congratulating the couple. 

“Daebak! I didn’t expect the majority to take this news so well,” one of the staff commented while the rest nodded in agreement. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter