Thirty-One: Fearless

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter Thirty-one: Fearless 

 

They ended up going to the other beachfront restaurant that she went to earlier. When they walked in, the staff that she talked to earlier threw Taemin a curious look.

“At last, you found him,” the staff said with a smile as he walked them to their table.

She shyly smiled back and nodded.

When they were seated, the restaurant’s staff were quick to get them started with their orders. Within minutes of arriving, their orders were taken, and their appetizers were also served just minutes after they ordered. The efficiency was impressive.

“What is he talking about?” Taemin asked when they were eating.

“Oh it’s nothing. I just went to the wrong restaurant earlier,” she said casually.

There’s no way she was going to admit that she forgot to check the address of the restaurant they were supposed to have dinner at, which added to the reason why she was late. She would also not tell him know how she frantically searched for him.

“Ah.” He nodded and continued eating.

She, on the other hand, paused. Now that she thought about it, she realized he didn’t inquire about her tardiness.

“Aren’t you going to ask why I was three hours late?” she asked curiously.

He shrugged.

“I just thought that maybe it took you three hours to decide whether you were going to come or not. Besides, the reason doesn’t really matter to me. What’s important is now. You came. You’re here,” he explained and continued working on his food.

She took a small sip from her drink before she spoke.

“I took a long nap and woke up late,” she said honestly. Although he’s not asking for one, she still wanted to explain.

“I’m sorry I was late,” she added and reached for one of his hands.

He shook his head and placed his other hand on top of hers. “Don’t be,” he said, “I was the one who did wrong. I deserved to wait.”

“Still,” she insisted in a serious tone. “I want to apologize.”

Over the years, she had come to learn the importance of saying ‘sorry’ no matter how big or small the matter was. Because if one were to let those things go without an apology, those mistakes would one day pile up and might turn into trouble.

His hold on her hand tightened. “Apology accepted,” he said, his gaze warm and gentle.

At that very moment, she was tempted to open up to him. She badly wanted to tell him all about the mysterious letters and that person and her warning. However, she bit her tongue to stop herself.

‘Now is not the right time.’ She thought.

She didn’t want to ruin their dinner and the cheerful mood they were currently having. That matter would have to wait for another day. Maybe tomorrow.

Over the course of their dinner, they talked about random things. They also chatted about their upcoming schedules and their plans for the upcoming months. In the end, they both realized that the rest of their year was going to be extremely busy.

After their dinner, they decided to call it a night and went back to their villa. They had to sleep early since they have to be awake by sunrise the next day. They planned to explore the resort since they didn’t get the chance to do it yet.

In her room, Naeun was sitting still on her bed. She had already taken another shower and was wearing her satin nightgown. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter