Thirteen: Comical

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Thirteen: Comical

 

While Taemin was in his room, Naeun walked back to the living room and studied their friends. Namjoo, Chorong, and Bomi were sleeping together on the couch. Namjoo’s high ponytail was in disarray, while Chorong was only wearing one shoe. Its pair was probably the one she almost stepped on earlier.

 

While Namjoo and Chorong were in a sitting position, Bomi was lying supine. She was using Chorong’s legs as a pillow, while her legs were on top of Namjoo’s lap.

 

Adjacent to the couch was a smaller sized one where Hayoung was sleeping on. She was curled into a ball. On top of her was a mink coat she was using as a blanket. Meanwhile, Eunji was sleeping on the carpeted floor. She was using her medium-sized clutch as a pillow.

 

As for Minho and Key, they had their own unique way of sleeping. Minho was sitting on the floor with his back leaning against the couch Hayoung was sleeping on. He was hugging his folded legs close to his chest, his knees tucked under his chin.

 

Key, on the other hand, was sleeping on top of the center table. To fit himself on its rectangular surface, he was curled into a fetal position. The most comical part was that he was hugging a pair of Gucci shoes close to his chest.

 

Naeun’s eyes drifted back to Minho and realized that he was shoeless. She looked at Key once again and saw that he still had his shoes on.

 

She tilted her head to the side, mentally scratching her head. How did Minho’s shoes end up in Key’s arms?

 

Naeun did not know whether to laugh or cry. Although she managed to get over her initial shock, she still could not comprehend the scene before her. How did their friends get there? Wasn’t Kai supposed to send them home? She must had been in a deep sleep to not notice when their friends got there. She was sure there was a commotion during their arrival.

 

She was still rooted in her place when the master’s door opened. She was pleased when Taemin stepped out fully dressed. His hair was still wet, but he was dressed nonetheless.

 

His eyes were glued to the screen of his phone as he walked towards her.

 

“Naeun-ah,” he called. “Jongin texted last night. He said he will bring our friends over. Did you see them-” His sentence hang mid-air when he looked up and saw the humorous state of his living room.

 

His phone slipped off his hand. However, unlike her, he was swift to catch it before it reached the floor.

 

“Daebak!” he mumbled. Amusement glinted in her eyes.

 

Just then, the doorbell rang. None of them moved. After a while, it rang again. She glanced at Taemin and realized that he had no plans of getting the door. His attention was still on their friends.

 

She shot him a questioning look. “Are you expecting someone?” she asked.

 

He shook his head. His eyes were busy scanning the room. He laughingly shook his head when his eyes landed on the pair of shoes in Key’s arms.

 

When the doorbell rang for the third time, she decided to answer it. “I’ll get the door,” she uttered and left the living room.

 

When she got to the entryway, she reached for the handle and innocently opened the door. She was expecting a delivery or a cleaning personnel, but she was wrong. She felt like air escaped her lungs when she saw a smiling Mrs. Lee standing by the door way.

 

“I’m glad you’re awake now. I’m not interrupting something, am I?” the elder lady greeted. She was holding a big paper bag.

 

Naeun was instantly filled with trepidation. Why did she come back?! Her heart raced, and her breathing was quick. The scene in the living room flashed in her mind. She felt a nervous tightening in . How would this sweet elder lady react if she were to see that?

 

“G-Good morning,” she stuttered. She tried to composed herself. Eventually, she was able to manage a smile.

 

However, her false composure shattered when she realized what she was wearing. Oh no, I’m wearing Taemin’s clothes!

 

She cursed silently. She wanted to tear the clothes off her. She tugged at the hem of the baggy shirt, and smiled awkwardly.

 

The elder lady seemed to have noticed her distress. A glimmer of laughter came into her eyes. “It’s okay,” Mrs. Lee assured, gently placing a hand on the side of her arm. “I’m not old fashioned. There’s nothing to be shy about.”

 

Knowing what the lady was implying, Naeun felt heat instantly rush to her face. She could feel the blush forming on her cheeks. “It’s not what you’re thinking!” she objected, waving her hand in protest.

 

However, Mrs. Lee seemed unconvinced. The elder lady scanned her from head to toe. She suddenly wished the ground would swallow her whole. With her uncombed hair and the clothes, she was wearing, it was understandable that one would easily get the wr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter