Forty: Compromise

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty: Compromise

 

BREAKING NEWS: Taemin Posted a Photo with his Girlfriend on his Instagram

The headline was all over the news. Taemin and Taemin’s Girlfriend had been trending number one on Naver’s search list for about a week now. Since the news about Taemin being in a relationship came out, there had been many speculations on who he was dating.

SM Entertainment did not confirm nor deny the issue. Despite that, the issue never died down. On the contrary, SM’s mysterious silence fueled the media’s attention. A few news outlets claimed he was dating a non-celebrity, while some reported that he was dating a model.

Naeun stared at the screen of her phone and reread the article. Taemin did post a picture of his girlfriend on his instagram. If she remembered correctly, it was taken by her when they were out on a date a few weeks ago.

 

BREAKING NEWS: Taemin Posted a Photo with his Girlfriend on his Instagram

“Are we playing a game of Sherlock now?” she murmured amusedly as she looked at the picture below the headline. He had just indirectly confirmed that he’s indeed dating someone. He just left a clue, and now it’s up to the media to figure it the identity of his mystery girl.

The picture was just posted five hours ago, yet the amount of likes was continuously rising. The comments section was turned off so she could not tell if the number of “likes” reflected the actual reaction of the public.

Her eyes flickered towards the living room when she heard the sound of the main door opening. Throwing her phone to the side, she got off the bed and hurriedly walked to the door.

“You’re home!” she greeted cheerfully, placing his house slippers in front of his feet.

He chuckled at her radiating energy and uttered a ‘thank you.’

After slipping on his slippers, he placed his hands on her hips and pulled her close. “How was your day?” he asked, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Not too bad,” she answered, automatically wrapping her arms around his neck. “Yours?”

He shrugged. “Same.” His gaze then dropped to the floor. He frowned. “The floor is cold. Why aren’t you wearing your house slippers?”

She let out a squeal when he lifted her off the floor. “Your feet will be cold if you keep going around the house like this.” He then walked to the nearest couch and was about to put her down, but she refused to let go.

“Hold me,” she demanded, pouting her lips.

He let out a small laugh and sat down, setting her on his lap. “Naeun-ah, I need to go and take a shower. I’ve been dancing the whole day.”

She shook her head and tightened her arms around him. “No,” she refused, burying her face in the crook of his neck. “You smell fine.”

She heard him sigh in defeat. “Okay, let’s stay like this for a while.”

“I’m so bored. I didn’t do anything but eat and sleep today,” she complained.

Being off from work was fun at first. However, after spending several days doing nothing, she was starting to become bored. She wanted to go out, but she was afraid someone might see her coming in and out of Taemin’s place. The public should still be unaware that Taemin had a place of his own, but she just wanted to be careful. With Taemin’s relationship status being all over the news, she was sure that there had to be at least one or two paparazzi tailing him everywhere he goes.

She let out another shriek when he stood up without warning. Then he walked to the kitchen and made her sit on top of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter