Twenty-One: Mischief

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-one: Mischief

 

“Young man, are buying those?”

They all stifled a laugh as they watched from their hiding spot. Kai’s face was beet red as he placed the items on the counter.

Naeun could already imagine Kai’s agony. As part of the dare, he was not allowed to hide his face nor explain the reason behind his purchase.

“Is the feminine pad for your girlfriend?” The cashier raised an eyebrow as she glanced at the three items in front of her.

With obvious displeasure in his face, Kai nodded reluctantly. Another condition of the dare was that he was to answer ‘yes’ to any question.

This was why playing this type of game with the people in their circle was dangerous. They would give you one dare, but the conditions were endless.

The woman stared at the pack of feminine pads, then at the box of condoms.

She shook her head. “Young man, there’s a good time for everything.”

Key, who had been trying so hard to hide his laughter, could not hold it in anymore. A deep hearty laugh escaped from his throat.

Soyou, who was next to him, was quick to put a hand over his mouth.

“Shut it,” she reprimanded. “Her royal highness will hear you.”

Soyou was pertaining to the old lady managing the cashier. Her name was Heo Yeon-woo, similar to the name of the crown princess in the drama Moon Embracing the Sun. The lady loved the drama so much that they started calling her ‘your royal highness.’

She had been working at that store since SM’s senior groups were trainees. As trainees, they would tend to stay late to practice. And being the most convenient place to go to, they would go to that store to buy midnight snacks. That was why Her royal highness knew them well.

Most of SM’s artists’ close friends knew her as well. They had meet her at least once or twice. Sometimes, they would stop by the store just to say ‘hi’ to the old lady.

When the lady finished bagging the items, they quietly sneaked out and waited for Kai. As soon as he emerged from the door, they all started laughing.

“Young man, there’s a good time for everything.” Minho imitated the old lady’s voice in mockery.

Kai’s face was still red. “I can't believe you made me do that!” he hissed. He then tossed the bag of items at Key. “All yours. I don’t want any of that,” he added.

Key caught the bag and went over the items. With a teasing smile, he took the pack of feminine pads and handed it to Taeyeon.

“No, I don’t need that!” Taeyeon grabbed the pads and passed it on to Soyou. “Here, Soyou. It’s free. Kai’s treat!”

Soyou looked at the pads. Dilemma was written on her face. “What do I do with these?”

They bust out into another chorus of laughter as they stared at Soyou who was awkwardly holding the item.

While they laughed, Kai took out a bottle of water from his backpack and set it on the ground. “Okay, enough shenanigans. Let’s spin the bottle!”

“I don’t like this game,” Tiffany complained.

“Can we just do a different game?” Soyou suggested. She seemed to have realized the severity of the game when Heechul was involved.

“Absolutely not!” Kai objected. “I already did my part.

With unhappy faces, they begrudgingly circled around Kai.

They watched with bated breath as the bottle spun. When it stopped, it was pointing at Taeyeon.

“Oh no.” Taeyeon looked at Kai nervously. “Jongin-ah, you said I was your favorite noona, right?”

Kai shook his head. “Noona, that’s not going to work.”

“Fine,” Taeyeon huffed. “I chose dare!”

Kai looked across the street then at Taeyeon. A mischievous glint was present in his eyes as he pointed towards the entrance of the SM building.

“Noona, I dare you to kiss the first person who comes out of that building.”

Several jaws dropped.

“What?!” Taeyeon‘s eyes widened. “You’re going to make me kiss a stranger?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter