Fourteen: Mark

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fourteen: Mark

 

 

“Naeun-ah, can I have some of the meat?”

 

She swiftly picked up a slice of meat with her chopstick and placed it in front of his mouth. “Here,” she said.

 

Taemin muttered a ‘thank you’ before opening his mouth.

 

“Chew it very well,” she instructed.

 

She pulled a sheet from the tissue box nearby. Then she carefully leaned from her seat. Using the sheet, she wiped away the grain of rice sticking on the side of his mouth. “Don’t be messy,” she scolded as she picked up another grain from his shirt. “You don’t want grains of rice all over your car,” she added.

 

His cheeks lifted when a playful smile crossed his face. “Yes, ma’am!”

 

She rolled her eyes at him. “Whatever,” she mumbled and turned her attention to the food containers on her lap. She picked up a piece of meat and shoved it in .

 

They were currently on their way to the music show that Taemin was supposed to attend. They did not have the time to sit down and eat, so they decided to bring food and eat in the car. Since Taemin was the driver, she had to help him eat.

 

Her grip on her chopsticks tightened when she recalled SHINee’s manager’s words.

 

Can you please go with Taemin? He pleaded.I have to stay to make sure your friends are okay. I also have to call your manager so he can come and pick up your members.

 

She initially refused the manager’s offer. Instead, she volunteered (and insisted) to be the one to stay and take care of their friends. However, as soon as Key woke up and started throwing up his dinner, followed by Namjoo and Bomi’s never ending complaints of a headache, her resolve weakened.

 

She realized she would rather go with Taemin than deal with their friends.

 

Since they did not have the time to wash her clothes, she went to the store across the street to buy herself clean clothes. However, she was disappointed when she learned that the store mostly sells food. In the end, she was only able to buy a pair of undergarments.

 

She was forced to recycle her leather pants. Furthermore, she ended up borrowing one of Taemin’s shirts. It was a good thing wearing loose shirts was in fashion. She tucked the shirt in her pants and she was good to go.

 

When they got caught in a red light, she grabbed the bottle of water from the cup holder. “Water?” she offered.

 

He gave her a quick glance. “Just a little,” he mumbled, and turned his attention back on the road.

 

She uncapped the water bottle and handed it to him.

 

His right hand left the steering wheel and accepted the water. He continued to maneuver the car with one hand, while he drank from the bottle. He drank almost half of the water when he passed the bottle back to her.

 

She continued to feed him until they finished their packed lunches, courtesy of Mrs. Lee.

 

When they were done eating, they became quiet. They continued their drive in comfortable silence, allowing the music from the radio to surround them. They remained that way until they reached their destination.

 

When they arrived, Taemin handed her a mask and a cap. “Wear this,” he said.

 

She accepted the items without question and put them on. Then they stepped out of the car. She followed his lead.

 

“Stay close,” he instructed. He was also wearing a cap and a mask similar to hers.

 

She nodded and held onto the hem of his woolen jacket.

 

They had to walk for about five minutes to get to the music station since he did not park at the designated parking space for performers.

 

This was how they would usually go to music shows together when they were still dating. They would park at a good distance from their destination. Then from there, they would blend in with the crowd. From a stranger’s point of view, they looked like any other couple out for a stroll. Although sometimes they had to get creative with their disguises so people wouldn’t recognize them.

 

Her heart was pounding as they walked through the crowd of fans. Many were carrying banners and light sticks of different artists. The place was buzzing with enthusiasm as fans from different fandoms excitedly converse about the upcoming performances.

 

They quickened their pace when more and more people joined the crowd. Her footsteps slowed down when people kept trying to walk between them. The place was beginning to become really crowded.

 

She felt a slight panic when a pair of school girls almost bumped into her. It was a good thing she was quick to take a side step.

 

Taemin stopped on his tracks when he realized she was falling behind. He turned around just in time to see the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter