Twenty-four: She

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty-four: She

 

She looked at him, slack-jawed. 

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Korea?”

He ended the call and stuffed his phone in his pocket. “I was in Korea a few hours ago.” 

“B-But... why are you here?” 

He chuckled looking at her confused expression. “You told me to come over, didn’t you?” He spread out his arms. “Here I am.”

‘Heol! I wasn’t serious when I said that.’

She crossed her arms across her chest and looked at him with narrowed eyes. “Why are you in Japan and not in Korea?” she asked. “Don’t tell me you cancelled your schedule?”

He shook his head and smiled. “The filming ended early due to technical issues so I decided to come see you,” he explained. 

She eyed the backpack slung over his shoulder. With just a glance, she could tell right away that he came straight from their filming location. 

The backpack he had with him was the one he usually uses when he had to film something. Therefore, she knew he didn't even bother to go home before boarding a plane to see her.

He peeked into her room. “Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

She moved to block his view. “No, go get your own room.”

He gave her a weak smile and scratched the back of his head. “They told me the rooms are fully booked due to the weather so-”

Before he could finish his words, she grabbed his arm and pulled him in.

He let out a small laugh as he entered the room. “You aren’t that eager to let me in, are you?” 

He was clearly caught off guard, yet was also amused by her actions.

She ignored him. Instead, she surveyed the opposite ends of the hallway before quickly pressing the door shut. 

‘I hope no one saw us’

It was too late when she realized they had been standing out in the open. Anyone could have walked out from any of the nearby rooms and recognized them. Or even worse, that mysterious person could have been lurking around, spying on them. 

She might just be a little paranoid since they were in Japan not Korea, but it was still possible that that person might have followed either one of them. Nonetheless, they shouldn’t let anyone see the two of them together. 

When she turned to look at Taemin, he was already sitting on the bed and was busy taking off his shoes. 

She walked towards him.

“You shouldn’t have come. I told you I’m coming home tomorrow. Stop wasting your money,” she scolded.

Since he was sitting on the bed while she was standing, she towered over him. 

He looked up to her. 

“If it was for you, nothing is a waste.” 

He pulled her close, letting her in the space between his legs. Then he encircled his arms around her waist and rested his head against her abdomen.

Her breathing hitched. “W-What are you doing?!”

She tried to push him away but he wouldn’t budge. His arms were like vice grips around her waist. She could not break free.

“I missed you,” he whispered.

Slowly, her unease faded away. She let out a breath and stopped struggling. Who wouldn’t melt with those honeyed words?

She placed a hand over his head and combed through his hair using her fingers.

‘I missed you too.’

With his arrival, she felt as if her weariness had been lifted Just being there with him in that moment was enough to revitalize her. 

 

“Here, drink this.” 

She handed him a cup of hot chocolate. It was a good thing there was an electric water heater and cocoa powder in her room so she didn’t have to order for food service. 

Taemin gave her a ‘thanks’ and happily took a sip. 

Since her roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter