Thirty-Six: Girlfriend

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Thirty-six: Girlfriend

 

The midday sky was clear and tranquil. Basking under the warmth emanated by the sun was Naeun, dressed in a light cotton shirt that was two sizes bigger than her usual size. The shirt was too baggy that it was almost hanging off her shoulder. 

From the high rise building she was at, she serenely watched the buzzling city before her. The days and weeks that came after their meeting with the investigator were surprisingly peaceful. The investigator, however, reminded them to always be careful. That person was still on the loose.

Remembering all that has happened, a small smile crept on her face. Everything started in a tangled mess. Back then, Taemin and her weren’t talking. It was like they were back to being strangers. However, things took a different turn when he kissed her during the Korea Music Festival. 

From then on, fate seemed to have a way of always bringing them together. From late night talks and stolen kisses to that career threatening photo, everything that happened seemed to have played a role in bringing them back together. 

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when a pair of strong arms slowly made their way around her waist. 

“Why are you up?” he softly asked, burying his face on her neck. 

“More than six hours of sleep is enough,” she answered, leaning slightly against him. She could feel the heat of his bare chest.

Today was the annual Korea Music Festival. The two of them were among the list of expected performers. Due to last minute rehearsals, they and other artists ended up staying until four in the morning. When they were done, they were so exhausted that they ended up sleeping at Taemin’s place for it was the closest to the venue. 

She raised a hand to pat his head. “Wake up, sleepy head. We need to get ready,” she coaxed. 

Even though the event officially starts at six pm, they still had to go early to get their hair and makeup done. Plus, there were usually last minute changes that they might have to address. 

However, instead of releasing her, he started placing kisses on her neck. 

“Yah, what are you doing?” she scolded, though her voice remained soft. 

Her words, however, were received by deaf ears for his kisses trailed towards her jaw before making their way behind her ear. 

A warning bell instantly rang inside her head for she knew where this would lead if they would not stop. They were going to be late for sure. Or worse, they might end up skipping the event altogether.

She placed her arms above his with the intent of freeing herself from his embrace. However, her hands gripped his arms when he captured her earlobe between his lips. A shiver ran down her spine. Instinctively, she bit her lip to keep a moan from escaping her lips. 

Slowly, he was pulling down his shirt that she borrowed to reveal her collarbones. Every inch of her skin that was uncovered was chased by his lips. 

Breathless, she willed herself to speak. “W-We need to stop. Our s-schedule… w-we have to…” Her words gradually died down as heat gradually crept within her. He was igniting fire in every part of her that he touched.

Much to her relief and disappointment, he gave her one last kiss before he stopped. He paused for a few seconds then signed deeply before entangling himself from her. 

“Alright,” he whispered hoarsely.

Turning to face him, she was greeted by his burning gaze. Smiling, she leaned close and gave him a quick kiss as a consolation. 

“Why don’t you take a shower first?” she suggested, “we have to leave in an hour.” 

Following her words, he walked towards the bathroom but not before stealing another kiss.

 

The excitement and energy was palpable from the crowd. An hour had already passed since the event began yet the crowd remained enthusiastic with each performer that gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter