Five: Treacherous

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Five: Treacherous

 

 

Much to Naeun’s bewilderment, Hayoung did not bother her the following morning. Her friend was also unusually behaved and attentive towards her. She even volunteered to help her pack for their flight back to Seoul.

 

She had this theory that Hayoung might have overheard her late-night conversation with Taemin, which might explain her friend’s behavior. She remembered that in the past, her friends would usually try their best to console her whenever Taemin and her were having problems.

 

But then, her friend could’ve been really asleep and she was just overthinking things. Either way, she was thankful that she was spared from her friend’s antics that day.

 

Their morning flight back home only took a few hours. By noon, they were driving back to their apartment. The moment they got home, everyone decided to sleep early since they were still exhausted from their two-day concert.

 

She, however, couldn’t sleep because she slept during the entire duration of their flight. Her friends were already sound asleep while she was wide awake, tossing and turning between her sheets.

 

She was randomly looking through the old photos on her phone when she stumbled upon a picture of her and Taemin. It was taken during their WGM stint. Although they have shared some of the couple photos they took, there were still many that they have decided to keep for themselves.

 

The corners of unknowingly lifted while she stared at the photo. It was taken when they were filming their Christmas episode. Taemin was smiling at the camera while she was kissing his cheek. She remembered Taemin teasing her afterwards because her cheeks turned red. It’s not like she could help it. That was her first time kissing him on the cheek, after all.

 

She was about to swipe to the next picture when her phone beeped, displaying a familiar name on the screen. Speaking of the devil.

 

Naeun-ah, did you get home safe?

 

She raised an eyebrow. Why did it seem like he was up to date with her schedule? She didn’t remember mentioning anything about it. But then, she remembered how her friends worked with the SHINee members to trick her. This could’ve also be one of their antics. They probably told him. Or worse, they might have sent him a detailed copy of her schedules!

 

She sighed. She didn’t know why she tolerates their tricks.

 

She paused for a while, deciding whether she would send a reply or not. Last night’s conversation went from casual to heavy, but she didn’t remember it ending in a bad note. I guess we’re still okay?

 

She typed a reply.

 

Yes, we got home safe.

 

Seconds later, another message appeared.

 

Can I call you?

 

She typed another reply.

 

Why?

 

Not even ten seconds after her reply was sent, her phone started ringing. It seemed like he took her ‘why’ as a ‘yes.’ Unlike last night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter