Twenty-nine: Trouble in Paradise

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty-nine: Trouble in Paradise

 

Her chair made a sound when she pushed it back with more force than needed when she stood up. She glanced at the other table and saw the panic in Taemin’s eyes. Her eyes narrowed then drifted to the woman in front of him.

After a moment’s pause, she grabbed her purse and stormed off. She could no longer eat another bite despite how hungry she was. Her appetite was already lost.

She barely reached the doorway when she heard hurried steps behind her. 

“Naeun-ah, wait!” he called which made her stop in her tracks.

Within seconds, he was in front of her. 

She eyed him irritatedly. “What?!” she snapped, crossing her arms across her chest. 

“I’m so-”

“What? You’re sorry?!” she said icily. 

She saw him flinch. His hands remained on his sides as he nodded silently. 

“You better be,” she fumed. “She was obviously flirting with you!”

“But I wasn’t flirting-”

“I know. I saw!” She threw her hands up in annoyance. “You weren’t flirting back, but you’re also not doing anything to make her stop!”

A flicker of guilt and anxiety shone in his eyes. “I know. I’m sorry. I’m a jerk,” he said softly as he attempted to draw her into his arms.

“Yes, you're a jerk!” she exclaimed as she dodged his attempt to embrace her. “You know damn well that I don’t like what she is doing,” she added, not bothering to conceal her anger. 

Unfortunately, no matter how hard she tried, she still ended up being wrapped in his arms. 

“I’m sorry,” he whispered faintly against her ear. His arms were around her tightly as he apologized repeatedly.

She attempted to pull away, but he didn’t let her. He tightened his hold around her.

“I admit. In the beginning, I got a little excited since you rarely get jealous so I just let her.” He confessed honestly. “But afterwards, seeing you upset…” he sighed loudly, “I’m sorry. I really am.”

‘You are wrong.’ She thought. ‘I just don’t usually let you see that I am.’ 

There were many instances in the past wherein she was tempted to embrace the dark Naeun. If not for her good temperament, she would have already picked a fight with all the women who tried to flirt with him. 

She was usually good at keeping the green eyed monster within her in check. However, right now, she could hear the dark Naeun coaxing her.

‘Stop trying to control it. Let loose.’ It whispered. 

His arms retained their tight embrace as he continued his words. 

“I’ve been jealous of the countless men who tried to get your attention, so I know how it felt. It was not a very pleasant feeling. What I did was very immature and stupid. I shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again,” he swore, his tone serious. 

A shiver of emotion ran through her body, and she could sense her anger and frustration starting to melt.

“I’m really sorry. Please say something,” he pleaded when she remained quiet. 

“Let go,” she demanded and pushed him away. 

He obliged. 

When he finally released her, she turned away and started walking. With each step, she could sense him trailing silently behind her. He was following her like a lost puppy. 

She decided to ignore him and kept her pace steady. 

When they reached one of the stopped trams, she was about to step in, but then she stopped and turned to him.

“Stop following me,” she said, coldly.

“But-” 

“I’m still annoyed and mad at you. So you,” she put a hand on her hip while the other hand  pointed a finger at him, “you get lost for now, or else I’ll go back to Korea this instant. I don’t want you following me around for a few hours.”

Without waiting for a response, she got into the tram and left him. 

If she was being honest, she was no longer as angry and irritated as before. She still was, but not as much. His sincere words and apology had already won her over. However, she wanted him to continue to reflect on his mistakes. In the future, not everything would be solved by a simple sorry. 

When she arrived at their villa, she headed straight to her room and decided to soak in the bathtub to relax herself. 

She filled the bath with the fresh orchid petals that were delivered earlier that day, and she also lit a candle to create a relaxing environment. 

After she stepped into the water, she took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter