Two: Chaos and Warmth

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two: Chaos and Warmth

 

 

“Taemin did not sleep in my room!” she insisted, referring to the past. He had been to her room several times, but he never slept over. Well, until today.

The corners of Key’s mouth lifted. “Yah, what are you getting mad about? I never said he used to sleep in your room.” He said, giving her an innocent and wounded look.

dropped open. Truly, Key has no filter and always speaks his mind. He was the almighty Key after all!

Recovering from her shock, she looked at Key with narrowed eyes. “You-” She was about to argue but then decided against it. There was no way she was going to win a battle of reasons against him.

Defeated, she scrunched her eyes shut before taking a deep breath. “I’m hungry,” she proclaimed, then went to sit on one of the dining chairs.

The four were still rooted on their spots, their eyes following her every move. When they seemed to have no intention of moving, she opened . “Where’s the food?” she asked.

In a snap, the four scattered to the kitchen. Hayoung took a bowl and handed it to Key who was now standing in front of the pot, while Eunji was helping Minho place the baked cookies in a container.

After a while, the food was ready. Hayoung was next to her while Minho, Key, and Eunji were seated facing her. Although there was only three of them in their apartment, they had a dining table that could seat a dozen. The reason for that was that the other Apink members and some of their close friends would sometimes come by so they could share a meal.

 

The four each held either a cup of steaming tea or coffee. She was the only one eating a full meal since the four claimed to have eaten before she came. They all sat in silence, a contrast from the chaos minutes ago. She could feel eyes watching her as she ate. She groaned inwardly. This was probably one of the most awkward dinners she had ever shared with her friends.

 

She swallowed, forcing her food down , then soundlessly took another bite from her bowl. Momentarily lost in her thoughts, she let out another sigh. Although she had finally settled down, she still couldn’t believe what was happening. Never in her wildest dreams did she thought that Minho and Key would be in their apartment after what happened to her and Taemin. And Taemin, that sneaky person, was sleeping in her room!

 

She eyed the freshly baked cookies, now sitting on the table. Key took one and shoved it in his mouth. She secretly raised an eyebrow.I thought the cookies were dry?If she counted right, that would be his fifth one.

 

The silence continued until it was interrupted by a small beep coming from Minho’s watch. He glanced at it, exchanged looks with Key before turning to them. “I guess that was our cue,” he said and stood up followed by Key.

 

“It’s already two in the morning. We need to head back home. We have a schedule in a few hours,” informed Key.

 

Eunji got up from her seat. “Let me walk you guys out,” she volunteered, and the two nodded.

 

Minho turned to her and Hayoung, “Have a good night.”

 

Naeun stared at them for a moment before jumping off her seat, almost knocking over her glass of water. “Wait!” she called. She just realized something.

 

Key and Minho, who were almost out the dining area, stopped and turned to her.

 

“What about Taemin?” she asked. They’re not going to leave him there, are they? She looked at them expectantly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter