Forty-One: Party

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty-one: Party

 

The party was already in full swing the moment they arrived. Knowing Heechul, half of the entertainment industry were probably invited. Glancing around, everyone present seemed to be having a good time.

“He does know how to throw a party,” she commented, watching a group of people crowding the dance floor.

Taemin nodded in agreement. From what they heard, Heechul booked the entire club.

“Naeunnie!” Following the source of the voice, she spotted several of her girl friends at a table nearby. She waved at them.

“Go.” She heard Taemin say.

She turned to him. “I won’t be long.” She placed a kiss on his cheek before heading to her friends’ table.

“What was that?” Her friends giggled when she reached them.

“What was what?” She asked.

Noticing the grin on their faces, she rolled her eyes. “It was just on the cheek!”

She spent half an hour catching up with her friends before deciding to go and find Taemin. Glancing around, she spotted him at a corner table with his friends. He was in a conversation with Kai. They seemed to be discussing something serious.

“Aigo, stop staring at your man. He won’t disappear!”

Quickly averting her eyes, she turned to her friend. “I’m not!” she denied.

“Don’t tell me you miss him already?” one of her friends teased.

“Stop!” She complained, covering her ears with both hands.

“Look, she’s not denying it!”

The teasing went on for quite a while. Her friends finally stopped when her face turned beet red. Both from embarrassment and irritation.

“I’m going to get a drink,” she announced and got up. She could have ordered from their table, but she wanted an excuse to get away. Dealing with friends’ constant teasing was draining her energy.

Not even a minute passed since she got to the bar when someone approached her.

“Hi!” He greeted.

Not wanting to be rude, she greeted back politely. If she recalled correctly, he was from that group that debuted about a couple years ago.

“Did you come here alone?” he asked.

She pressed her lips together and gave him a blank stare. She was hoping he would get the hint and leave her alone.

“Oh! C-Can I buy you a drink then?” He offered.

“No, thank you.” She replied curtly. “I can pay for my own drink.”

She did not want to appear cold, yet she could not help it. It was a part of who she was. She was usually cold towards guys who showed interest. It was only Taemin that managed to get through her wall.

Ignoring the guy, she turned to the bartender and ordered her usual drink.

While she waited for her order, her eyes wandered around, watching her fellow party goers. She almost laughed at a pair who were trying so hard to copy the dance of a popular song. However, they were so drunk that they were about to fall over.

She was watching the rest of the night unfold with amusement when she spotted Taemin who was already staring at her. He was now sitting on the space that was previously occupied by Kai so he was facing her.

Her eyebrows rose in question. Why is he frowning?

His eyes drifted to the person next to her before lifting his drink to his lips without breaking eye contact.

“Miss, here’s your order.”

Breaking their eye contact, she turned to the bartender.

“Thank you,” she said politely and accepted her drink.

She was about to reach for her wallet when the person beside her spoke once more and offered to pay for her drink.

“No, it’s okay,” she refused, “I’ll pay.”

“I insist,” the man countered.

She was about to continue her protest when someone placed a black card on the bartender’s waiting hand.

“I’ll pay for her drink.”

Taken aback by Taemin’s sudden presence, the guy took a step back. “S-Senior!” he greeted. He looked shocked.

She, on the other hand, spun around to face him. “You’re here!” she exclaimed. It surprised her how fast he got there. He was just talking to Kai moments ago.

He nodded, his brows furrowed. His face was dark as he eyed the person beside her seriously.

Taemin gave the guy a curt nod before retrieving his card from the bartender. He turned to her, his expression turning soft. “You done?” he asked, placing a hand on the small of her back.

She nodded, ignoring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter