Twenty: Shenanigans

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty: Shenanigans

 

The kiss ended as quickly as it came. However, no matter how long or short it was, and as cliché as it sounds, it took her breath away.

She was light-headed as Taemin pulled her towards the stairwell. She did not know what was going on. She was just blindly following his lead.

As soon as she heard the door close, with a soft thud, she was instantly pushed against the concrete wall. What came after was Taemin’s warm and soft lips touching hers.

Instead of resisting, she placed her arms around his neck and opened to welcome his kisses. Maybe it was the effect of the wine, or maybe she just missed him as much as he missed her. She let him kiss her.

“I really missed you,” he whispered in between kisses.

She dared not to reply, afraid of the words that might come out. Instead, she responded to his kisses with the same intensity.

When he finally released her, her lips were close to being swollen from his kisses. She already knew without checking that her lips were bright red, just like his. That was when her rational side began to come back.

are you doing? You’re still not together! Her mind scolded.

Taemin was about to go in for another kiss when she placed her hands on his chest. “Wait.”

He stopped and looked at her with unfocused eyes. “Okay.”

Without waiting for her next words, he went in for another kiss. Fortunately, she was quick to stop him.

“Oppa, wait.”

He released a breath and then inched back, his eyes focused on her lips. She could see the slight impatience in his face.

She put a finger under his chin and tilted his face up until his eyes met hers. “Oppa, I think we need a new rule.”

He nodded. “Okay.”

“No kissing.”

He frowned. “What?”

“No kissing until we’re together.”

“But-” He was about to protest, but then forced his words back down his throat.

He closed his eyes as if to think.

After a moment, his lashes fluttered open. She was met by serious eyes. He looked down at his watch then looked at her.

“Okay. When?”

Her brows furrowed. “Huh?” She was still muddle headed because of the kisses they just shared.

“When does it start?” He repeated, mischief dancing in his eyes. “Midnight?”

Without thinking, she nodded.

Her heart skipped a beat when he smirked. Did she answer wrong?

“There’s five minutes before midnight,” he said.

She raised an eyebrow. “So?”

Her breathing hitched when he leaned close until their lips were almost touching.

“For five minutes, your lips are mine.” He whispered.

True to his words, he held her lips captive under his touch. The moment was spell-binding, and she was a willing subject. She wholeheartedly melted in his embrace, and lost herself in the passion of his kisses.

After a few minutes, Naeun was dazed as she followed Taemin back out to the rooftop. Her heart was drumming loudly against her chest as she stared at his back. With every step, she was reminded of every second of the kisses they’ve shared.

Her cheeks heated as she remembered the way she pulled him close to her body. What had gotten into her? To them? They both had boldly crossed the line this time. They were supposed to take things slow.

Was this what separation did to people? Whatever the reason was, they had to slow things down.

They were halfway from their friends when she tugged on his coat.

“Oppa, wait.”

He stopped and turned. Tilting his head to the side, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter