Fairy Prince Plus The Banquet

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The surprise hadn't ended there as Taeyeon revealed that she was going to the banquet as well. Apparently, Jiah had an old dress laying around from when she was young herself and the Brunette wanted help Jonghyun out by performing too and if she ended up winning then she would give the price to him.

 

Jonghyun, of course, had protested and complained that it wasn't fair to her but Taeyeon countered back that he needed it more than her and her biggest wish was for his happiness.
 


This resulted in Jonghyun tearing up again and Taeyeon didn't stop herself from joining in. The entire time they didn't notice a broader man watching them from the window.  

 

Jonghyun went back to the Orphanage to make dinner so Beatrice wouldn't have to bother with that. He hugged the costume to his chest with a spring in his step, whistling a happy tune under his breath.

 

His happiness came to an abrupt halt as Beatrice stood in the hallway in front of the door, tapping her foot with a glare on her stern features. Kangin stood behind her smirking proudly as they waited for him to come home. Jonghyun halted in his tracks and felt a cold sweat break out on his skin.

 

''What is this nonsense Kangin has been jabbering to me?'' She approached him, gritting her teeth when she saw the clothes in his arms. Jonghyun backed away a little as she attempted to grab the costume. ''You really are going to that Banquet stupid boy!'' She snarled in disapproval and crossed her arms. ''When I said that you weren't allowed!''

 

Jonghyun's face hardened up in a glare whilst holding the costume tight to his chest. ''You are not my mother, you can't tell me what to do!'' He fought back and slipped past her to make his way to the kitchen, she stopped him with a bony hand on his shoulder and squeezed tightly.

 

''Give that costume to me now, you still live under my roof so obey my orders!''


The small man pushed her hand away yet gasped horrified as she yanked the clothes from his arms and ripped them apart. ''NO! WHAT THE HELL ARE DOING?!'' Jonghyun yelled at the top of his lungs as all the hard work Jiah had put into them was now completely wasted.


His heart broke into a million pieces when she stomped over to a trashcan and disposed of the ripped costume. ''Let this be a warning Jonghyun...'' She began only to yelp in shock as Jonghyun grabbed a vase and threw it on the ground.

 

Mocha eyes were stormy and his face scrunched up angrily, jaw clenching as the sight of the two made his blood boil with rage he rarely experienced.
 


''I HATE YOU!! YOU ONLY EVER RUIN MY LIFE, IM YOUR NEPHEW YET YOU TREAT ME LIKE SCUM AND YOU!'' He roared, rounding on Kangin who looked back in slight fear. He had never seen Jonghyun act so furious, normally he was calm and collected.


''I don't know what I ever did to you but if you are jealous of me don't! My life is miserable already without you sticking your nose into my business. Apparently, trouble is my second name because whenever something good happens in my life, someone has to ruin it. You, on the other hand, has everything!'' Jonghyun took a deep breath as he cornered Kangin against the wall.


''You have a woman who adores you whereas she treats her own family like . You have a home, money, and friends...honestly get a life!'' Jonghyun yelled in his face, voice hoarse with emotion before he dashed out of the Orphanage without looking back.

 


 

 

Jonghyun ran to the river, separating the village from the royal grounds. Out of breath, he collapsed on his knees, swearing and punching the dirt a few times. It had felt good to fend his emotions like that, If anything he was getting tired of always staying quiet and allowing Beatrice and Kangin to walk over him, especially now since they ruined his only ticket to the Banquet.


He plopped down on his bum near the riverbank and rested his bare feet in the fresh clean blue water. Placing his hands behind in the grass and closing his eyes, Jonghyun tried to relax every muscle in his body. He was to tense after what happened and it was taking a toll on his body and emotional state.

 

Humming under his breath, the blond took in the noise of the stream and the birds singing in the trees while the wind ruffled his hair gently. Taking a breath in and out, he arched his head back and enjoyed the warm sun-rays on his skin as he emptied his mind.

 

''Let go of me at once!!'' A young voice shouted out from not that far away, startling him in the progress. Jonghyun looked up and around and jumped up, quickly regaining his footing, he ran in the direction where the noises were coming from.

 

He rounded the riverbed and the sight that greeted him had his nostrils flaring in anger and fists balled tightly. A guy maybe younger than him, slim with shiny dark hair and pale features was on his knees held in place by stronger arms around his neck. Two bandits were taunting and laughing when their victim shivered as they waved around their swords.

 

''Come with us pesky child.'' one of them ordered calmly and pulled him up. The young man struggled and spit vulgar in their faces but they just snorted in amusement, not impressed with someone who couldn't fight back. They were mistaken however because the blond wasn't going to let someone be abducted, not on his watch.

 

Sneaking up behind them didn't seem to be that difficult as their victim was making quite the ruckus, Jonghyun took his chance (when they tried to take control over the young man) and lunged on one of the bandits back. His heartbeat increased with vigor as he yanked at the bandit's dirty hair hard and inserted nails into anything his fingers could reach.


''Aaaaah what the hell!!'' The bandit yelled and dropped his sword in favor of reaching behind him. ''What is it! get it off, get it off!'' The man chanted and struggled to grab at the creature on his back. Fortunately, Jonghyun had short legs and an even smaller frame whereas the man was broader making it impossible to grab any of Jonghyun's limbs.

 

The victim hurriedly grabbed the fallen sword as the other Bandit approached his friend to get Jonghyun off. He threw the blond into the grass, while Jonghyun was busy rolling around in the dirt, the young man muttered something unclear under his breath before a fire ignited from the blade. ''You made the biggest mistakes of your lives, messing with a Prince!'' He told them with a tone that was borderline mocking.

 

Jonghyun gasped as he just witnessed magic at first hand, 'S-so magic is real?' unknowingly sending a shiver down his spine. He wasn't the only one dumbfounded and amazed by the sight of a fire enchantment on a sword. The shocked bandit dropped his sword which Jonghyun immediately snatched away and before any of them knew it, he smashed the end of the handle against the man's forehead.

 

His limp body hit the ground and the other bandit shouted in surprise. ''Oh good heaven's, this wasn't part of the contract!!'' He quickly stumbled over to his fallen unconscious friend and hoasted him up in his arms. He squealed in pain as the flat part of the sword hit his face courtesy of the small man.

 

''Ow my god my nose!!!'' The bandit cradled his nose, dropping his friend in the progress. One hand holding his nose, he grabbed the other's broader body and fled as fast as he could. ''We will be back!!''

 

Jonghyun reluctantly made his way over to the younger man, taking one more glance back at the bandits' retreating forms. He smiled as the young man extinguished the flames from the sword and dropped it on the ground with a relieved sigh. ''Are you alright?'' Jonghyun asked worriedly, genuinely hoping that the man wasn't hurt.

 

To his great surprise, the young man burst out laughing and punched him in the shoulder ''That's the funniest thing, I have ever seen! The way he flailed when he tried to grab you and I've never seen them run off this hard!'' He grinned and pulled away only to grin at the wide-eyed puppy expression and bewilderment sharp features. Jonghyun gave him an incredulous look and rubbed his shoulder.

 

''You were almost abducted and you're enjoying this?''


''Well they did deserve whatever is coming at them.''

 

Jonghyun nodded in acceptance with a smirk on his face, at least the young man wasn't a scardey cat. ''You're one weird young man.''


Taemin grinned and bowed in front of him, ''Taemin, the young royal Prince at your service!'' He introduced himself yet tilted his head to the side when the smaller man gasped and dropped to his knees.

 

''You're from royal descent? I'm very sorry for being rude just now...'' He apologized and swore softly under his breath.


If only he knew beforehand that he was going to save a Prince, he would have held his big mouth shut. Not that it mattered, was Taemin going to punish him now? Prince Taemin yet had to do anything, just cleared his throat and helped the blond up, addressing him at the same time.

 

''Do you really think I care about rudeness when you saved my life if anything I should be the one on my knees as you are in fact my knight in shiny armor...'' Taemin trailed off, his eyes studied the other's body. ''Or more like a knight on bare feet but whatever floats your boat right?''

 

Scratching the back of his head, Jonghyun beamed at the Prince and bowed his head, ''It's my pleasure, I couldn't let that happen in front of me'' Taemin grinned and patted his shoulder, ''You're a good man.''

 

Jonghyun smiled but glanced tensely between the discarded sword and the Prince, ''So the rumors of the royal son's holding the knowledge of magic are true?'' Taemin groaned and facepalmed himself, ''I had hoped you would forget seeing that but it can't be helped.''

 

The young Prince elaborated when seeing his saviors questioned gaze, ''Yes I have the ability to control fire and any element adjoined with it. A hundred years ago people used to be born with either fire, water, air or earth as their main. Many books were written about the next steps into the magical world, folks who had the knowledge of destruction spells besides their main were considered sorcerers.''


The blond nearly wanted to sit down and listen to the education he was receiving from the Prince. This tale was suddenly so interesting now that Jonghyun had seen magic with his own eyes. ''The only problem was that no one managed to learn the scarce magic known as healing or said more fancily, Restoration.''

 

Taemin took a deep breath and summoned a small ball of fire, bouncing it back and forth between his hands, ''As you probably know, there were wars in the past, magic users joined in since they thought they were powerful but a lot of them perished because there was a lack of Restoration users.''


The Prince quenched the fire and grinned up at the blond who was staring back in awe. ''And that's why magic is more of historical thing nowadays, there are still folks around with the ability but they keep it a secret just like it is done with my brother and me because of power-hungry people who don't own it.''

 

Jonghyun guessed that those bandits were hired by someone who was power-hungry. ''Anyhow please let me know if I can return any favors!'' Taemin pretty much pleaded and right on cue bells in the Palace shimmed indicating the opening of the Banquet.


They both glanced simultaneously at the castle and Taemin cursed loudly, ''My father is going to murder me for not attending the opening ceremony.'' He sulked and glanced back at the blond only to see pained eyes look back.


''What is it? Are you going to the Banquet too?'' He tilted his head to the side and frowned as Jonghyun shook his head no, face upset and body trembling as the small man gritted his teeth. ''I-i was g-going to but my costume was r-ruined.'' The thought alone made Jonghyun furious.
 

Taemin nodded in understanding nevertheless snapped his fingers as an idea came to the forefront of his mind. ''You want to go to the Banquet? You go to the Banquet.'' He said matter of factly and felt a sense of pride swell in his chest as the Blond glanced at him hopefully yet doubtful.

 

''How?''

 

The dark-haired Prince smiled gleefully as he approached the small man and placed hands on his forehead. A soft white light was immediately summoned, Jonghyun had to squeeze his eyes shut when it turned out to be too bright. ''Just you watch Snowflake...''

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin sneaked Jonghyun into the Palace by the same secret passageway he used to escape his classes. It wasn't easy though because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter