He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

When the pair left the Banquet, Jonghyun never thought that someone would be interested in him to the point they wanted to spend time alone with him. Jonghyun looked up at this mysterious person as he was dragged along to the Courtyard. 'Who is he?' the blond wondered, allowing his eyes to marvel over Chocolate hair and a broad back. 


''Are you enjoying yourself?'' The man asked him curiously, glancing back at him with one of his handsome grins. That was another thing that bothered Jonghyun. This man was so affectioned towards him and absorbed in what the blond said or did, was Jonghyun just not used to people like that besides Taeyeon, Yung, and Jiah or was this Chocolate haired man just warm-hearted in general?

 

Jonghyun jumped as they came to a halt in the middle of the hallway and the man waved a hand in front of his face. ''Are you alright?''.
The blond frowned making the man laugh, ''It's just that...You seem really uneasy. If you rather want to go back?'' The smaller man felt his face warm up and shook his head, 'Great someone is genuinely interested and I'm already messing up'.

 

Pouting, the blond squeezed the man's hand, ''No please, I'm just surprised you picked me out of all those people.'' The man smiled and winked at him, ''How could I not, you're really cute!'' Jonghyun glanced at their clasped hands shyly, butterflies took refuge in his tummy again. ''D-do you say that to e-everyone you meet?''

 

He heard the other huff and tensed when a strong hand cupped his chin gently and forced him to make eye contact. ''If that was the case, I would have been married by now.'' Jonghyun saw the honesty in his eyes and felt a bit relieved hearing that, he sputtered and whined however when the man ruffled his hair.


''Don't do that!''


The Brunette smirked teasingly, eyes shining and continued to drag him along, ''Like I said, really cute.''


Jonghyun's pouty face vanished whilst gazing blankly at the back of his head, a small smile appeared as the feeling of being wanted, raised to the surface.

 

''I have to ask but did you compose that song yourself?'' The Brunette wondered while they descended a set of stairs. Jonghyun nodded eagerly, ''Yes I like to make music, in fact, It's my dream to become a composer or singer.'' He replied, grinning widely as the man looked back with surprised eyes.

 

''That's truly amazing! there are many feelings and thoughts behind the lyrics, did you make it with a certain meaning?''

 

Jonghyun glowed at the compliment, ''Well when I make music, I like to stimulate people's imaginations without telling them my intentions so you have to guess it yourself.'' His eyes twinkled with mirth as the Brunette stopped and glanced back with a y smirk. ''It sounds like someone has a guilty pleasure, the challenge is on.''

 

The blond playfully blew him a kiss, chuckling as the goofy man acted as if he caught it out of the air and pressed it against his own lips. ''You're so silly, I-I like you,'' Jonghyun confessed softly, blubbering out the last part shyly. The Brunette blinked but apparently, he liked what he heard because a smile touched the corners of his mouth and his Chocolate eyes warmed up.

 

Jonghyun's mouth turned dry as the man placed a hand behind his neck and smoothly glided it downwards, drawing the smaller man closer to his chest with a delicate touch on his lower back. ''I like you too...a lot.'' heated orbs roamed over Jonghyun's face and landed on his plump lips. The Brunete's gaze was calm and intense, Jonghyun flushed beneath his scrutiny.

 

However, a sigh of disappointment left his lips as the man let go of him and grabbed his hand instead. 

 

''Sooo, have you met the Crown Prince yet?'' The Brunette changed the subject, Jonghyun shook his head, feeling upset but indulged the man while avoiding eye-contact by studying his surroundings. It was a great opportunity to take in the beauty of the Palace, it might be his first and last time here. 


''No, should I? I reckon he is to busy picking his bride.'' 


The man chuckled and directed him through another hallway towards a set of double doors in the distance. ''He might be but I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking to you.'' Jonghyun chuckled a little as if the man was telling a joke. ''Yeah right, I'm not really excited to meet him or anything.''

 

''Why's that?''

 

''I don't like him''

 

''WHAAAAT?!''

 

Jonghyun crashed into the other's back as they came to a sudden halt. ''Ack! I apologize!'' He yelped and created some distance between them, swallowing nervously as the man turned around with an unhappy expression. 


''Why don't you like the Crown Prince? Did he do or say something to offend you? I will talk to him!!'' Jonghyun raised an eyebrow in amusement as the other launched in a rant with the biggest pout on his face.

 

It made him look sweet and so ridiculous that the smaller man couldn't help but giggle.


He froze as the man shut up and watched him with an enamored glint in his eyes although that pout was still present. ''This is a serious predicament, stop giggling.'' The whining brunette grabbed the smaller man's hand and wiggled his fingers before slipping fingertips gently over his palm.''Why don't you like him?'' He repeated with a tone that sounded gloomy.


Jonghyun tilted his head to the side like a puppy, puzzled why this bothered the handsome man so much. Shrugging shoulders, he watched the other closely. ''It's just...He is always so happy and has everything he wants...Jinki doesn't have to work for his money and I'm...just jealous I guess.'' Jonghyun felt uneasy to share this with someone he just met an hour ago. 


The other hummed, a sad small lifting the corner of his lips, ''Don't be jealous...I assure you, Jinki doesn't have everything and that happiness he keeps displaying is just a cover for how he truly feels.'' He said thoughtfully and lifted the hand to press a kiss against the skin.


The blond studied him, flushing a bit at his actions. ''Why are you defending him so much?'' The brunette flashed him a smile and turned his back to him, tugging at his hand to follow. ''Because he is someone close to me...'' was the vague answer, Jonghyun nodded and felt his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach. 

 

Here he was, feeling all kinds of special things for this handsome man yet the other was trying to pair him up with Jinki just like Taemin.  Jonghyun never felt so rejected in his life. 

 


 

 

An hour or two had passed since they left the Banquet, Jonghyun never wanted this to end. The man who went by the name Onew showed him around the Courtyard and the beautiful flowery fields and now they were in the training ring, sparring like longtime friends. But just like with other things, their fun came to an end as Onew tripped over a small stone and violently brought them both to the ground. 

 

Jonghyun groaned as he landed hard on the man's broad muscular chest. ''Aish, you're heavier than you look, Beautiful,'' Onew complained from beneath him. The blond felt a warm feeling bubble up courtesy of the nickname but as he fluttered his eyes open and looked at the handsome man, he was anything but happy when seeing the pained expression. ''Good heavens! Are you alright?'' He asked worriedly with concern overflowing his eyes.

 

Without any warning, Onew gently placed a hand behind his head and pulled him into a kiss. Jonghyun tensed up as lips covered his in a long warm kiss that left him short of breath. A noise of surprise bubbled up from his throat which changed into a groan as strong arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him flat against a firm chest.

 

They rolled around on the ground, ending up in a part of the field filled with flowers and before Jonghyun could think if this was real or fake, Onew had already worked his way between his parted legs and was hungrily on his jaw. 


''O-onew...'' Jonghyun whimpered and shuddered, feeling soft lips turn into a smirk against his skin. ''Like that don't you?'' Onew breathed hotly in return. The blond felt the excitement grow down there and locked his legs behind Onew's back,  hands in Auburn hair to keep him close. The desperate thought of 'I want him...' drowned out the protests that they were moving to fast. 

 

Full lips returned to his and lingered in a way that made him feel weak provoking an moan to leave his throat. Jonghyun broke the kiss and felt like confessing right there, Onew's features held a faint smile and his chocolate eyes twinkled so pure and prettily. Jonghyun extended a hand in awe and gently touched Onew's strong nose just beneath the bunny mask, ears, chubby cheeks, and lips, they seemed to be well and delicately formed.  

 

The smaller man his lips and peered up at him as if fascinated, eyes darkening and chest rising and falling heavily. ''You're unusually h-handsome.'' He felt bashful as Onew chuckled throatily and asked permission to continue their romance, or at least for Jonghyun this was romance.

 

Thoughts about the Lord from the Southern Villages forcing himself on Jonghyun came to the forefront of his mind, he gulped nervously as something was screaming to push those gentle hands away and run off but it felt so much more natural with Onew. 

 

Jonghyun nibbled on his lower lip and curled his hand nervously in the other's costume and just nodded. The reassuring smile he received in return was all that he needed to feel comfortable. 

 

The smaller man felt unsure a bit later when fingers caressed down his abs and to the rim of the red Hakama. Alarm bells went off, while he might already be in love with Onew, he wasn't sure if the feelings were fully returned. He instantly seized the intruding hand and glared, ''Please don't, I-I'm not ready.'' His tone was sharp yet slightly alarmed.

 

Onew just smiled at him, expression soft and to his pleasant surprise, twisted his wrist and kissed his fingers, nuzzling his palm like an attention-starved bunny which was oddly cute in Jonghyun's eyes. ''Pardon me, I won't do anything without your permission nor shall I hurt you.''

 

Jonghyun glare softened, feeling immensely relieved that Onew didn't turn out to be like that Lord. 'There are still good people around.' he thought and seized Onew up by the collar to give him a warm moist kiss on the lips. He clung onto Onew tightly as his warm presence enveloped him and returned the passionate kiss.

 

Their time together was rudely interrupted by some Lady who was greatly worried about Onew's condition. They scrambled away from each other, Jonghyun looked at them in suspicion and swallowed the lump in his throat as Lady Luna pressed herself up against Onew.

 

'Are they together?'

 

A cold sense of betrayal left him rooted to the spot, he made himself suffer as he observed how Lady Luna checked Onew out with a look in her eyes that probably mirrored Jonghyun's own. 'They really are together, why would she come all the way out here for him?' The smaller man reasoned and bit his lip, hiding his eyes away beneath snow-white hair.

 

They all jumped as the bells in the palace shimmed, alerting the guests that it was 12 am-midnight but also the end of the Banquet. Jonghyun gasped softly while panic swelled within him, fear for himself and the issue that his costume was going to disappear.

 

He didn't want to expose Taemin's magic to anyone else, not even Onew. Jonghyun backed away from them and glanced back at the castle. 


12:01


All the color drained from his sharp features, he directed distressed puppy eyes at Onew who had approached worriedly. ''It alright, the bells are just a warning notice that the Banquet has ended,'' The Brunette assured and cupped his face, Jonghyun had mixed-feelings when Onew's thumb brushed over his cheekbone.

 

''It's alright.'' Onew continued to comfort him but Jonghyun disagreed and slapped his hand away, shaking his head and backing away. ''N-no it's n-not, I need to go, I'm sorry.''

 

Jonghyun spun on his heels and ran in the direction where he thought the gates were. He rounded a corner, swearing when the action almost made him slip in the progress. A happy noise released from his lips as the gates came into view but that caused him to miss the guard patrolling the place.

 

''DON'T HARM HIM, STAND DOWN!''

 

Jonghyun gulped as Onew's furious roar echoed behind him, looking over a shoulder made him yelp as a guard halted in his steps with a sword in hand.

 

The blond suddenly felt an odd feeling near his neck and gasped as he noticed the tips of his snow-white hair slowly vanishing out of existence, the enchantment was fading. 

 

'', , !!''

 

''Stop!'' Onew called after him but Jonghyun refused to listen and passed by the front doors. He saw a flash of Taemin in the corner of his eyes but stopping was not an option. ''Please stop Bling Bling!''

 

The great urge to stop increased for just a moment nevertheless he continued, mostly because his Kimono was slowly shrinking out of existence. Jonghyun didn't stop or spare Onew a glance over his shoulder but just ran through the gates and deep into the dark forest.

 

''No! No NO!'' He heard Onew cry frantically ''NO! For Valmerys sake let me go at once!''

 

Closing his eyes, Jonghyun wished Onew all the best with Lady Luna and jumped over a log. Panting harshly and evaded trees he tried to see what was in front him as far as the moonlight allowed.

 

Ducking, climbing and jumping left him sweating before the sound of water gushing reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter