Everything At Once

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

‘’Get behind me.’’ Jinki urged, eyes wide and tone demanding as he protectively dragged the smaller man behind him by the wrist then grabbed his sword and went into a fighting stance.


Everyone else scrambled out of their tents, forming a circle around the two Princes and Jonghyun. The blond carefully slid the Ebony dagger out of his holster and waited with bated breath for chaos to break out.


Jinki stared down at the dagger in alarm. ‘’Who gave you that?’’ He shook his head afterward as if the question wasn't important now, and made sure Jonghyun was obscured by his bigger frame. ‘’Let’s hope you never need to use that.’’


The smaller man had no time to respond as several figures jumped out of the bushes with their horses and circled them like they were sheep.


‘’Oh ,’’ Kibum muttered under his breath as it became very clear who the figures were when more Torches were lit besides their own. Pointy ears, long delicate slender bodies, porcelain white skin and piercing colorful eyes.


The Elves


''You’ve entered Elvish territory, state your business!’’ a harsh voice sounded from a man with dark hair, brown leather armor, half leather plate and a bow on his back.


Jonghyun gulped, It took every ounce of will-power not to cower away. Weren’t the Elves aware of their arrival? Shouldn't it be obvious who they were by the air of royalty around Jinki and Taemin, their high-quality clothing and the number of guards and a General who were currently safeguarding them?


''Search them!’’ The Elf ordered and his fellow guards stormed forward, one grabbing for Kibum and the other yanking Jonghyun by the bicep. ‘’Ouch! Hands off!’’ Jonghyun howled, hearing Kibum yell something similar next to him. His hand gripped tightly at the dagger before he swiftly held it out to the guard’s throat, stiffening at his own actions.


''Calm down Jjong!'' Kibum hissed, placing a hand on his shoulder. Jonghyun couldn't help but agree, a surge of adrenaline had hit him, even he was surprised to see his own hand holding the dagger in a position like this. 


The situation became much too tense as several Elves twitched and unsheathed their swords, all eyes on Jonghyun and the Elf.


''Unhand him!’’ One of the others snarled and took a threatening step forward. ‘’Daro!’’ The Elf given out orders warned him from doing something rash in the Elvish tongue.


‘’That’s enough!’’ Jinki bellowed, posture straightened, expression furious, staring the Elves down with a piercing glare. ‘’I am Lee Jinki, Crown Prince of Valmerys and I order everyone to stand down.’’


''Crown Prince?’’


Jinki nodded and showed them the emblem from the Kingdom that was imprinted on his armor. ‘’Yes! Ebralia has requested our assistance in matters of crime, and I’m not pleased with the hospitality.’’


The dark Elf leaped from his horse, a stern frown on his face, ‘’Easy there Ernil, tell your guard to release our brother first.’’ He sounded melodically harsh and gestured to Jonghyun who looked back utterly confused when a foreign language was spoken. 


Taemin scoffed, ‘’He’s not a guard but Jinki’s cons-.’’ The Prince was cut off by a hand gesture from Jinki who shook his head, it was not the time to be a smart- especially when their reputation was at risk.


Jinki gazed at Jonghyun, their eyes met, ‘’It’s alright.'' He said simply while reaching out, lacing their fingers together and pulling the younger closer to himself, away from the elf who immediately stepped back.


''They won’t hurt us.’’ Jinki pressed a kiss to his forehead, feeling Jonghyun squeeze his hand back, an indication that he trusted the Crown Prince. ‘’Right?’’ He asked the dark-haired Elf sharply.


‘’No we won’t.’’ A voice that didn’t belong to any of the men replied.


And then she came. Flying through the tree branches ever so swiftly, gracefully landing in front of their feet. Jonghyun instantly noticed the emblem on her chest, a Princess outside in the wilderness?


The Princess was a tall Elf-woman, remarkably beautiful and graceful even for her kind, proud and fierce but with an ethereal air about her. To Jonghyun her appearance was intimidating, for Jinki...it was a whole other story.
 

''Jessica?’’ His eyes were cute crescents, a grin playing at his lips in relief as the Elf-woman noticed him amongst the cluster of guards. ‘’Mellon Nin.’’ She smiled back and both of them hugged comfortably. ‘’It’s good to see you again, Your Highness,’’ Jessica added then gestured at her fellow Elves to stand down and remove their weapons.


Everyone sighed in relief when the swords disappeared from view.


‘’I apologize for their behavior, things around here…’’ She hesitated, locking eyes with the Crown Prince. ‘’There is a tension in the air, it keeps us all on edge.’’ Graveness was evident in her voice and Jinki could not help but squeeze her shoulder. This Assassin was a big problem so it seemed, he will make sure to help her overcome this battle.


Everyone else exchanged glances, well they were all here to help. ‘’Please tell us more about the situation.’’ Kibum stepped forward and bowed as Jessica flicked her pretty green eyes to him, ‘’My name is Kibum, Jinki’s Advisor.’’ He introduced with an inviting smile.


Jessica’s nodded in greeting and she bowed as well, ‘’Aaah Kibum! I remember you.’’ Her gaze went to Taemin, Minho, Kai, and Donghae who all politely introduced themselves. Recognition flashed in her eyes at seeing Taemin, the younger Prince and the General of the Guard but when her eyes landed on Jonghyun, she tilted her head to the side in wonder.


‘’And who may you be?’’ She asked softly. Jonghyun was about to open his mouth, whereas his mind went blank instantly. He wasn’t sure if Jinki would like to address their relationship, there was always the fact that not every Kingdom accepted love between the same .


''Jonghyun.’’ Was all that escaped his mouth, uncertainty clear in his tone. Jessica blinked, before she could even ask if he was alright since he looked nervous, Jinki was there next to the blond, wrapping a warm arm around his waist, hand holding his hip firmly.


‘’Jessica meet Jonghyun, my future Consort,’’ Jinki confessed lovingly, Jonghyun, on the other hand, gazed back at him in shock. Several of the Elven guards murmured under their breath and even the Dark-Haired Elf narrowed his piercing eyes.


The Elven woman just flashed a beautiful smile, she gave Jinki a look of pride as if she was knowledgeable about something that Jonghyun wasn’t aware of. Not to mention that they seem to already know each other.

 

Did Jinki visit the Elves when he was younger? There was still so much Jonghyun had to learn, whether it was about Royal-Custom or Jinki’s life before him and while he wouldn’t pry Jinki to tell him about his past, it was getting tempting the more was exposed.
 

''It’s an honor to meet you.’’ She uttered in that melodic voice. ‘’I’m delighted to know that the Crown Prince found his One.’’ Jonghyun blushed, chin dipped to his chest.


The term ‘Your One’ was often used as a way to describe someone as your soulmate. The other part of your soul was out in the world and usually, you would have a gut feeling when you found your other half or in the Elvish  tongue, ‘Your One.’
 

Jinki beamed, very much pleased that he found his one true love. ‘’I’m very lucky.’’ his honeyed voice and the words he had spoken made Jonghyun look up in wonder. Jinki pressed a smooch to the tip of his nose. ‘’I’m speaking the truth.’’ He whispered affectionately.


Jonghyun grinned, the expression creating little lines around his sparkling brown eyes. ‘’I’m the one who's lucky.’’ Who else had brought him happiness and ended years of bad luck? Just like that the two drowned into a world where only they remained, too invested in each other that the others faded away.


The smaller man cupped Jinki's cheek, his gaze wandered over Jinki's beautiful face, tracing every line and spot before circling his arms around Jinki's neck. He pressed soft kisses along Jinki's jaw-line, forgetting for a moment how they were amongst outsiders and this wasn't proper. 


The Crown Prince returned the affection whole-heartedly, pressing his face against the nape of a warm neck, his tensed muscles relaxed when the comforting smell of Fresh-cut Grass and Lavender invaded his nostrils.


Kibum rolled his eyes as well as the tall dark-haired Elf who turned to the Princess impatiently. ‘’You’re Highness, we need to go back.’’ He informed, ‘’Bereth is waiting.’’ Jessica nodded in acknowledgment then ordered the Elves to get back on their horses and guide them back to the Kingdom.


‘’Jinki, Taemin and others please follow me.’’ She requested, her green eyes had dimmed. The smile on her face was downcast as her gaze flew over the Crown Prince than to the path they needed to take. Jonghyun and Kibum saw this, the Advisor had a pretty good idea why while it left Jonghyun with only more questions. 


''Please lead the way General Chanyeol.’’ Jessica addressed the dark-haired Elf who nodded in agreement. They waited for the humans to pack up their belongings before Chanyeol went to the front with his horse and directed the way back to the Kingdom.


Jinki found his way to the front to catch up with his good friend while Jonghyun wandered somewhere in the back with Minho and Kibum as Taemin walked with his brother.


The blond eyed Jinki and the Elf up, it didn’t bother him that they might be friends. Everyone was allowed to have friends but what had him curious was the Elves lady's facial expression when Jinki announced their relationship.


Jonghyun shook his head, rubbing his temples. Maybe he was just seeing things and worrying about nothing. ‘’Are you alright?’’ Minho asked, looking down at him in concern. An armored arm settled around his shoulders and Jonghyun found himself leaning against the support that Minho offered.


‘’I’m fine, guess I’m just tired.’’ The blond mumbled. That reminded him of how Jinki and he hadn’t slept yet and while the Crown Prince seemed to be sharp and wide awake. Jonghyun instantaneously felt weariness pull at his mind.


Stretching his body, Jonghyun covered his mouth while releasing a yawn. Minho chuckled and crouched down in front of him. The blond blinked, wondering what the General was doing.


‘’Get on, we don’t have all day!’’ Minho glanced over his shoulder impatiently. ‘’Wait…’’ Jonghyun wiggled, ‘’Are you asking me to get on your back?’’ The General rolled his eyes and shifted on his feet, ‘’No, I’m just sitting here because I have nothing better to do.’’ He mumbled sarcastically.


The blond raised an eyebrow, the hint of a self-satisfied smirk playing across full, pink lips. ‘’Minho! I never expected you for the lazy kind.’’ He teased, flicking blond bangs from his eyes.


Of course, Jonghyun took the advantage to tease the tall Alien. After their spectacle at the Market all those weeks ago, the two have become close friends. Often teasing each other and being a pain in the whenever they could.


''And I’m not a child! I can walk by myself.’’ The blond huffed and crossed his arms stubbornly. Don’t forget the sight it would make, one grown-up man carrying another grown up. Yeah...that wasn’t going to happen.


''Alright fine.’’ Minho mirrored his smirk and stood up, ‘’If you fall asleep, don’t blame me when wolves eat your .’’ The color drained from the blond’s face at the mention of wolves, now remembering that he saw silhouettes of them hours ago.


''Erm...’’ Jonghyun stumbled over his words, voice cracking on the spot, ‘’Y-you know I w-was just teasing right?’’ He smiled sweetly. Resting on Minho’s back sounded way more appealing than getting nibbled on by wolves.


Minho just shot him a victorious grin and crouched down again. With a heavy sigh and a defeated pout, Jonghyun carefully climbed up and loosely wrapped his arms around his shoulders and neck.


A grunt sounded from the General, ‘’You’re heavier than you look.’’ He complained, standing up and holding Jonghyun’s thighs as he began to walk towards the others that were leaving their used-to-be campsite.


Jonghyun bonked him on the head, ‘’That’s all muscle-weight, one day I will use it to beat you up.’’ Minho snorted, ‘’Muscles?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter