The Courtship Day 1: Together

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

And focusing on the future they did. The Royal family gave their blessings for Jinki to court Jonghyun. The Queen had warmed up greatly to the blond man and even began to see him as her son.


Jinki’s father, the King couldn’t say no when he noted the love between them not to mention the knowledge of how Jinki and Jonghyun fought their way to be with each other. They both had a strong mind and spirit, a positive outlook that the Kingdom desired in the future.


He couldn’t take away the happiness of the boys either or else he might as well give himself the name ‘Heartless King.’ and he will put the quote of the Kingdom, ‘Build on love and trust’ to shame. 


The courting began in November and would take place for 5 months before one of the lovers could ask the other’s hand in marriage which was perfect in Jinki’s eyes. Certain birds had chirped in his ears that April was Jonghyun's birthdate. It would be the perfect moment to make Jonghyun his future consort since the courting would just have ended. 


But first, they enjoyed their courting periods together in so many ways.

 

 

 

 

Everyone knew the Crown Prince wasn’t a morning person, Jinki needed as much sleep as he could get. Sleep was like his second hobby, just stay in a comfortable cozy bed, snuggling up against Jonghyun's warm body and dream contently with no worries eating away at his soul.


Jonghyun was quite the opposite, he loved to see the beautiful sunrise and do the work that needed to be done just so fun things could happen quicker. 


Today was no different as the small man woke up with the sunrise. Squirming like an excited puppy, he fought against the strong arms around him and finally managed to sit up with grumbles when his stubborn lover let him go.
 

Jonghyun stretched and yawned, having this big urge to just howl as all his muscles stretched delightfully and gave him a completely relaxed afterglow, he then tried to wake up the sleeping Crown Prince. 


There was a big market in Arcadia today which Jonghyun desired to visit, it was the first day marking their courting period. Wouldn’t spending time in the market together, buying trinkets and gifts for each other the best thing to start it all off with?
 

‘’Jinki, wake up Baby.’’ Jonghyun cooed, first trying the soft approach and patting his bare chest. Jinki was a heavy sleeper and normally took a long time to wake up and also being rough or loud could scare any sleeper awake, ending them up with a bad morning as result hence the waking up in a ‘calm and gentle fashion.’


‘’Nhhg.’’ Jinki groaned, flinging his arm across his eyes to shield them from the blinding light of the upcoming sun, streaming through the undrawn curtains. The other unoccupied limb swatted in the direction of the voice, hitting warm skin in the progress.


Jonghyun yelped as the hand curled around his bicep which Jinki just had hit and yanked him closer, sprawling him out all over Jinki’s chest then arms closed around him and Jinki moaned but this time contently. ‘’I should use you like a blanket more often.’’ The Crown Prince mumbled whilst pressing his nose in sleep ruffled blond hair then clung to him like a Koala.


The Blond rolled his eyes as Jinki yawned and returned to dreamland. The Brunette was such a dork but adorable at the same time. ‘’You’re hopeless.’’ Jonghyun sighed, staring adoringly at the man who had captured his heart in so many ways.


‘’Come on you lazy bum!’’ Jonghyun hit his chest a few times and squirmed heavily. There was a muffled groan from above him as arms tightened around him at the same time. ‘’Nah I’m good.’’ came the all-too-familiar honeyed reply. 


The smaller man turned his head carefully, Jinki still had his eyes closed, though there was a smirk on his face. ‘’Really, Jinki. Open your eyes. This is the first day of our courting period.’’ Jonghyun whined with a cute pout.


Jinki chuckled but Chocolate eyes opened sleepily anyway. A split second later, they closed again.’’Oh goodness.’’ He swore. ‘’Has the sun always been so bright or is it your beauty that’s burning my eyes?’’


Jonghyun wrinkled his nose at him and stuck out his tongue childishly. ‘’Be careful otherwise I burn your as well.’’ he sat up placing dainty hands-on Jinki’s broad warm chest, ‘’You got your facts wrong too, you are the sun mister Honeybee.’’ He winked cheekily.


Jinki’s eyes snapped open and with one raised eyebrow, grabbed the welcoming weight on his lap by the hips. ‘’Aaaah finally decided on a nickname for me too? Little Snowflake.’’ 


For a moment, Jonghyun was distracted by the feel and sight of a tantalizing toned torso and didn’t notice Jinki’s hands caressing his sides tenderly then raising them to his waist and tipping him forward.


‘’Jinki wha-’’ Jinki cut him off with a forceful kiss, pushing Jonghyun none-too-gently back down on the bed. It was surprisingly easy to forget his plan of waking up the deep-sleeper and getting them both down to the Market of Arcadia when talented hands over his skin, seemingly being everywhere all at once. 


The pressure of thumbs caressing over his tummy had him gasp and wiggle under Jinki’s bigger body as it tickled. A warm mouth kept Jonghyun busy while his mind tumbled over itself trying to remember how to breathe. And when Jinki’s hands parted his thighs to settle between them, Jonghyun swore he almost combusted with the sensation.


‘’F- Jinki I-i.’’ Jonghyun moaned, tipping his head back as his lover broke the kiss and took a big chunk of flesh from his neck between swollen lips and several big love marks. Jinki moved down his neck, swiping a tongue over pale collarbones, making sure the last mark was on that beautiful round brown dot in the middle of the smaller man’s chest which was calling out to him.


After molesting the body underneath him with a breathless make-out session, Jinki plopped down on the cool sheets and tucked Jonghyun close to his body, instantly feeling the smaller body melt as Jonghyun curved in his side perfectly. Absentmideley he played with blond hair as they both tried to calm down and crawl back from that lustful high. 


It wasn’t the right time yet to take the step further in their ual relationship. Instead, they talked about the plans for today before Jonghyun left the bed to make waffles for their breakfast.

 

One thing was for sure, his mission was accomplished as he successfully got his HoneyBee out of bed and most importantly in a good mood...

 

 

 


 

It was cold and the early morning sky was obscured with gray clouds, only an occasional blue visible. Jonghyun looked through the window of the carriage as he fussed with his black scarf and black coat.


They were sitting in the same golden carriage Jonghyun had seen a month ago, back when Jinki came down from the castle to announce the search for the ‘Mysterious Singer.’ The carriage had an all-dark-blue interior designed in soft fabric.

 

Arcadia already had a good number of people walking around despite the cold breeze. The noises of laughter and socialization between the villagers were quite drowned out by the noises of owners of market stalls calling out the wares they were selling. 

 

The blond was nervous however, he was sitting in a carriage next to the Crown Prince and whenever a Royal family member showed up somewhere in a village, a crowd wasn’t that far behind.


What will people think of him? A commoner getting courted by a Crown Prince who deserved nothing but the best. Jonghyun wasn’t a prince or a member of the noble family! Would he be accused of being a money grabber or someone not good enough for Jinki?


He jumped a foot in the air when a strong calloused hand gently resting on top of his own, turning his head Jonghyun was surprised to meet understanding Chocolate eyes. ‘’Don’t worry Jonghyunnie, there’s nothing to be scared off.’’


Jonghyun shook his head violently, ‘’I’m not scared!’’ He protested then looked outside again at all the people they were passing by, ‘’I’m just nervous that they…’’


‘’Won't like you?’’ Jinki easily cut him off, patting his hand and also glancing outside as they approached the village square. ‘’Yes…’’ Jonghyun trailed off, staring at Jinki with a head tilted and curious eyes. ‘’How did you know?’’ He blurted out then blushed as Jinki chuckled faintly.


Jinki winked at him and adjusted his posture as if to make himself ready for a speech. ‘’Because there was a time when I used to feel like you-.’’ The Crown Prince cleared his throat. ‘’- I am their Crown Prince and future King, I have to set a good example for the children and not only them but the adults as well.’’


Jonghyun turned sideways, full attention on the man next to him. Jinki was going to share a time-period from his past, a topic Jonghyun was very curious about as he didn’t grow up alongside him.


‘’From a young age, the Royal children have pressures on their shoulders. They have to achieve certain quests so that the whole Kingdom can build their trust in their future King.’’ Jinki smiled at him thoughtfully. Jonghyun ran a tongue over his teeth, he knew the people of Valmery's expected a King who wouldn't easily give up and was worthy of the Crown. 


‘’Whenever I visited the villagers, they would have easy access to share their opinion about me and my past mistakes or achievements. I always had a nervous break-down when my parents announced that I had to join them in their visit to a village.’’


Jonghyun never thought Jinki would have a nervous break-down since in contrast now he seemed to be cool-headed about the situation. ‘’B-but how did you learn to be like you are now?’’ He gestured to the relaxed posture and the easy, not to mention, gorgeous smile on his features.


Jinki didn’t answer right away, as if debating what to tell him exactly. Jonghyun just waited patiently, normally he would be whining for answers but for now, he let Jinki think as long as he needed. In the meantime, Jonghyun took in the Crown Prince appearance. 


He was wearing a black jacket over his shoulders, with golden decorations adorning the collar which also trailed down over the middle of his chest. The same golden decoration could be found around the sleeves and as patches on his shoulders. Brunette Chocolate colored hair was neatly styled and brushed back, accenting the sharp features as well as that handsome reserved expression that did things to Jonghyun...things that he shouldn’t even feel or think of in a carriage where people could see everything.


‘’It took me a long time to realize it-’’ Jinki’s honeyed voice made Jonghyum tumble back down to reality. ‘’-There are always people who feel the need to criticize despite the good things someone does.’’ Jinki’s eyes set on his face.


‘’There was this one time when a thief stole a purse from a pregnant woman, I went in pursuit and managed to bring the thief down to the ground, unfortunately, the content of the purse didn’t survive the fall and spilled out all over the street, amongst them was a gift for her husband which was ruined in the end.’’ Jinki sighed despite himself, averting eyes to his hands. Jonghyun held his breath, listening to the man as he told his story.


‘’Instead of the woman appreciating me capturing the thief and bringing back her purse, she ranted about her ruined gift and that I was a reckless Crown Prince.’’ The corner of his lips lifted a little, Jonghyun could tell he was trying not to let it get to him and winched in sympathy. The blond placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently.


‘’You were great Jinki,’’ Jonghyun replied softly, regretting even bringing up the fact he felt nervous. This outing was supposed to bring a smile on their faces and also be the start of creating amazing memories together but here Jinki was, digging in a vulnerable part of the past only to make Jonghyun feel better.


Jinki looked at him, brows furrowed slightly as if something else was bothering him, his eyes were a bit somber. ''People always judge no matter what.'' He took a deep breath, ''Remember that time you mentioned that you didn't like me?'' The Crown Prince eyes were downcasted at this point. 


Jonghyun moved his mouth but no sound came out as Jinki mentioned that out of the blue. He indeed made the mistake of judging the Crown Prince without getting to know him first, he had just been jealous but he knew that wasn't an excuse as guilt filled him to the brim. ''J-jinki I-.'' He began put was interrupted before he could sincerely apologize. 


‘’My point is.’’ Jinki settled dismissively, the blond was a bit surprised by his tone but tried to ignore it for now. ‘’I learned to take criticism in regard, but not take it to heart since we can learn from our mistakes and improve with our actions.’’ The Crown Prince concluded t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter