Pink Era

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

April came which marked the ending of their courting period, everyone in the kingdom could see how much in love they were and there was zero doubt one of them would reject the other. Jonghyun’s birthday flew past and so Jinki’s proposal for marriage occurred as well as the adoption of Minji and Sejun.

It's been an unforgettable birthday but the best was yet to come as Jonghyun faced his reflection in the mirror, it was weird to have people style his hair and pick out his clothes.

Just a bit more than a year ago he was a young adult from an orphanage and now he was about to be Jinki’s husband, and one of royalty.

Pursing his lips, his eyes trailed down over the yellow kimono, they said it was the color of happiness and sunshine. It was funny since he was marrying his sunshine, Crown Prince Jinki. He let out a small chuckle as he was reminded of the other, was Jinki just as nervous as he was?

His feet were tapping of the floor and the women working on him complained to him to sit still but it was inevitable and he cutely apologized for every time his knee banged against the dressing table.

They put black paint around his eyes, ‘’To make your eyes pop.’’ Jiah had said before adding pink to his lips so they were kissable. His heart raced as the women helped him get into his shoes then left.

‘’Can I see Jinki?’’ Jonghyun squeaked while rubbing his sweaty hands together, Jiah shook his head with a wink but it was Taemin replying to him. ‘’You will meet him at the altar, my brother, in-law!’’ Taemin came in, arms spread wide all regal and more so ready for the wedding, unlike Jonghyun who was about to faint.

‘’This is it.’’ The blond laughed nervously, ‘’I’m about to marry Lee Jinki.’’

Taemin looked on in amusement as his future brother-in-law paced back and forth in a fit of panic. ‘’What if Jinki changes his mind at the last second?’’

The dark-haired prince chuckled, approaching him to get the hands out of his hair which were ruining the stylish work of the ladies. ‘’Calm down Snowflake, he will do no such thing.’’

Big timid puppy eyes stared back at him, ‘’Are you sure he won’t? I mean he is amazing, great, handsome, and kind. Warm-hearted and a strong Crown Prince and I’m just...me.’’ He babbled.

It was honestly silly how Jonghyun was doubting if he was good enough for Jinki when the whole chase for this man proved just how much he meant to Taemin's brother. ‘’Jonghyun listen...’’ Taemin guided him to sit in front of the mirror.

While Jonghyun reluctantly sat down, Taemin picked up a brush to fix the damage. ‘’Jinki was enamored with you from the beginning when you two separated at the Banquet, you should have seen the way he was acting.’’

The blond gazed up in wonder at Taemin’s reflection in the mirror, ‘’How?’’ It would be the first time hearing about the events that happened thereafter, he could still recall how Beatrice set him out of the Orphanage and he had to sleep at the Tavern that Yung owns.

He never heard about Jinki’s side of the story, around that time he wasn’t even aware that Jinki had been the one spending time with him because Onew had been on his mind.

‘’He was devastated and that is me not even mentioning how he had turned into a different kind of person. Uncaring, cold, and angry.’’ Taemin explained whilst turning Jonghyun’s head to observe his quick handy-work before throwing the brush over his shoulder and massaging the man’s tense shoulder muscles.

‘’It was raining for days which is a side-effect when my brother is pissed.’’ Taemin chuckled when he caught Jonghyun’s awestruck expression in the mirror. ‘’He controls the weather??’’ Jonghyun asked baffled, ‘’So that storm back in Ebralia was his doing too?’’

Taemin nodded.

Jonghyun gulped whereas a shudder ran down his spine, ‘’Remind me to never make him angry again, don’t want him to roast my with lightning.’’

Taemin burst out laughing, hugging Jonghyun around the shoulders, ‘’D-don’t w-worry.’’ He assured through laughs, ‘’He won’t, my point is...he is lovestruck about you since the beginning and he is the happiest man on earth to marry you now.’’

Bit by bit the pretty smile was coming back to Jonghyun’s face, the nerves were still there but he was no longer thinking negatively thanks to Taemin’s assurance that Jinki wanted this as much as Jonghyun.

Placing his hands on Taemin’s arms around his neck, Jonghyun turned his head and offered him a warm smile, ‘’Thank you for everything Taemin, without you I wouldn’t be sitting here at this very moment.’’

‘’You’re very welcome,’’ Taemin smirked, pleased that he accomplished something important. Snickering at the silly boy, Jonghyun hugged his brother-in-law until the Prince pulled away and yanked a drawer open, receiving a few silver beads.

Jonghyun blinked cutely as Taemin picked several thick strands from the place above his ear and began to make braids, carefully intertwining the beads with it and did the same at the back of his head. ‘’Jinki is gonna faint or smother you in kisses when he sees your beauty .’’

A pink blush dusted over Jonghyun’s cheekbones, ‘’Would he really?''

Taemin grinned, ‘’Hell yes!’’ Both of them giggled until one of the maids knocked on the door to announce that the time was there.


 



They were about to marry by the flowery fields where their romance first took place and Jinki proposed to Jonghyun on his birthday. Now with it being spring, the flowers were in full growth, the Sakura trees were dancing in the wind and the sky was as blue as the walking carpet beneath their feet.

The training ring had been transformed and now sitting in the middle was a white altar with a blue carpet leading up to it and white chairs in rows on the sides.

The King, Queen, Heechul, Eunhyuk, and Leeteuk sat on the first row with Advisors, children from the Orphanage, friends, and other important people in the back. Townsfolk and anyone else coming from other Kingdoms were allowed to watch the wedding from behind a fence. Taeyeon, Jiah, and Kibum were Jonghyun’s Bridesmaids and men while Minho, Taemin, and Chanyeol were Jinki’s best men.


With a band playing a song named "Adiós Nonino" in the background, the wedding ceremony was truly gorgeous.

Jonghyun could only see bits of it with tears in his eyes and a beautiful smile that nearly split his face in two. Walking down the aisle, arm hooked with Yung, the matron of honor, he never expected to be this lucky. Not everyone with a sorrowful past could have this bright future that Jonghyun was giving his life to.

Cute little Sejun and Minji were the ring-bearers, walking in front of him with childish excitement, clutching a white pillow with golden frills on the sides and in the center rested a box with the rings in it.

Jinki stood by the altar, the fondest look in his warm eyes that Jonghyun had yet to see. He wore the color green that represented new beginnings and growth but also had a balancing and harmonizing effect, and is very stable. He also had a set of beads in his hair which was gold in color.

Yung was proud of his boy, despite not being his real father, he still saw Jonghyun as his son and it was just unbelievable how far Jonghyun had come. He was strong and never gave up even when everyone thought there was no other way for a certain situation, Jonghyun was still looking for a solution.

‘’You will be alright my boy,’’ Yung whispered as he witnessed the streams of tears going down the blond’s cheeks. Jonghyun nodded with a choked laugh, his heart was full for the man standing near the altar and he was finally about to marry the love of his life.

Holding out his gloved hand, Jinki waited for Jonghyun to accept it, gently helping him up the small ramp whilst his gaze wandered over him as Jonghyun did the same thing. ‘’You’re very gorgeous.’’ Jonghyun complimented shyly.

‘’I was just going to say the same about you.’’ Jinki laughed lovingly, intertwining their fingers and stealing a chaste kiss before they shifted their attention to Shindong who was the officiant overseeing their marriage.

Shindong grinned at them, so happy that he could witness something so beautiful in his lifetime. ‘’We are here today to bind these beautiful souls together and always, my dear boys before I do that is there something you want to say to one another?’’

Jonghyun nodded, flicking his Mocha eyes up at Jinki, blushing at the intensity of that gaze.

‘’I’m most of all happy and grateful to finally be standing here, about to become your husband.’’ He began, smiling as Jinki squeezed his hands for encouragement. ‘’We met at a time where I was feeling very lost but every day since I met you has been the best days of my life and I’m so grateful for everything that you have done for me.’’

He took a shaky breath as Jinki’s eyes watered slightly, it was then Jinki’s turn to say what was on his mind. ‘’When I first met you, it was like you held my world in your grasp, nothing mattered anymore but you. You taught me to always go for what you want without any hesitation and that has opened my eyes to so many new experiences that I never would even dream to be possible.’’

Both of them giggled as Jonghyun brushed the tears away from Jinki’s face while his own were escaping too. The people watching were laughing cheerfully and others clapped for them.

It was on Shindong to bind them together, and when the vows were made, Sejun and Minji held up the silver rings with a gem inserted in the middle, the gem shone of its own inner light, twinkling prettily in the sunlight. ‘’Lee Jinki, will you put the ring on Jonghyun’s finger as a sign of love and loyalty?’’

Jinki grinned at the children as he accepted one of the rings from them and held Jonghyun’s slender hand in his own. ‘’I love you so much.’’ He slipped the ring on the blond’s finger and then waited with excitement for Jonghyun to do the same. ‘’Kim Jonghyun...will you put the ring on Jinki’s finger as a sign of love and loyalty?''

With a nod, Jonghyun gently slid the ring on Jinki’s finger, ‘’And I love you.’’ Jonghyun confessed with a bright grin.

‘’I hereby announce you as husband and husband!’’ Shindong announced, throwing the papers up in the air as the whole Kingdom cheered loudly for them, a few in the crowd whistled loudly as the lovely boys met each other halfway into a soul quivering kiss.

They couldn’t get enough of each other, as their kiss ended because of the lack of breath but then Jonghyun took Jinki’s face in his hands and drew the other to him, kissing him once again as everyone embraced or shook hands while congratulating each other in the background.

‘’Oh my god, I’m gonna cry.’’ Taeyeon sobbed with a handkerchief in front of , ‘’This is so beautiful and they deserve this happiness so much.’’ Jiah nodded in agreement and embraced the girl as they watched Jinki and Jonghyun be in their own little world.

Not only she was crying but Taemin turned away from the scene in the hopes no one saw his tears, cursing his lover for knowing him all too well. ‘’Taemin...you’re crying aren’t ya?’’ Placing a hand on the Prince's shoulder, Kai whirled him around, coming face to face with a sniffing Taemin.

‘’What gives you that idea,’’ Taemin asked in a sarcastic tone then hid his face away with his hands. Kai shook his head fondly and embraced his lover, Taemin quickly returned it. ‘’’My brother is married! He’s married with Snowflake!!’’

‘’He is! It’s alright to cry...I mean look! Kibum is sobbing in Minho’s arms as well.’’ They both glanced over at the pair standing not that far away from them, Kibum had his face buried in Minho’s chest and Taemin had to laugh lightly. ‘’We’re all so silly...aren’t we?’’

Kai agreed, ‘’That’s alright cause honestly...this is the most amazing time that anyone can experience.’’ Taemin couldn’t say it any better and with that, they moved towards the freshly married couple to congratulate them and wish them a wonderful life together.

There wasn’t a successful marriage without an afterparty, everyone including those invited, moved inside to the Banquet hall where it started.

Jinki and Jonghyun were dancing around on the dance floor, one of Jinki’s hands placed on the small of Jonghyun's back while one of Jonghyun’s was resting on Jinki’s shoulder. Their free hands were intertwined as they twirled around amongst others.

They were mostly clinging to each other while dancing and Jinki pressed a soft kiss against Jonghyun’s temple, chuckling slightly under his breath. ‘’I see you’ve gotten better at dancing.’’ He teased.

Jonghyun pulled his head away from its resting place on Jinki’s shoulder and raised an eyebrow, ‘’What makes you say that?’’ A lopsided grin appeared on Jinki’s handsome features, ‘’You’re no longer crushing my feet.’’

Jonghyun whined, ‘’For Valmerys sake, must you bring that up?’’ The smaller man pouted. This time the Crown Prince didn’t withhold himself from ravishing those plushy lips, not caring for any crowds or jealous eyes on them unlike when they were dancing at the banquet and Jonghyun pouted so prettily.

The King's Advisor Leeteuk went on stage, ticking his quill against a glass. ''May I have your attention!'' his voice echoed across the hall, capturing the attention of nobles, commoners, the Royal family, and the two kissing men in the middle of the dancefloor.

''To celebrate the marriage of these kind souls, we will make the afterparty merry with music.’’ The corners of Leeteuk's lips lifted as the crowd cheered, ‘’Jinki’s Advisor, Kim Kibum will play us a song going by the name ‘Forever yours!’ together with Soyou!’’ Leeteuk stepped aside, revealing a stunning girl and Kibum who winked at Jinki and Jonghyun before sharing his amazing vocals.
 

 

When I’ve fallen deeper
The night becomes unusually short
One thought fills me up
I float around like a balloon
Nowadays I feel like I’ll burst
Because I keep thinking about you
(Because I think about you suddenly)
My day is spent floating on air

I don’t hate this kind of feeling
The night that wants to lose its way until it’s at a far away place
Because a world called ‘you’ just keeps continuing
Oh I fall for you

My heart, forever yours
Forever yours
Forever yours
My heart, forever yours
Forever yours
Forever yours

My entire day and night
Take them completely
When you grab on tight, don’t let go
Forever yours (Oh, forever)
Forever yours (Oh, forever)
Forever yours
My heart, forever yours

A slightly dazed look with your chin propped in your hands’ palms
You look like you’re indifferent to everything
The good and bad thing about it for sure
Is that I like your color

(Dye it more)
Our engine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter