Love At First Sight

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Jinki's world was in an uproar and he made sure the whole castle was aware of it. Every maid, butler or guest remained away from the Royal chambers. Even his friends and younger brother tiptoed around him as they didn't want their head bitten off. 

 

Only the King and Queen had caught glimpses of the Crown Prince but that was also held to a minimum. This has been going on for a week now after the Banquet had ended.  

 

The General had made sure to post the toughest Guards near the chambers to make sure Jinki was not planning anything stupid like trying to find the mysterious Singer on his own.

 

There was no reasoning with Jinki as he had turned into a different kind of person. Uncaring, cold and anger were the main emotions whenever someone remotely saw him. 


According to Kibum, it was one of the symptoms of Love at First Sight. The only explanation really as to why Jinki was reacting this way.
The man wanted nothing more than to be with the mysterious Singer and Minho would have loved to control time and bring them back to that night where he could have done something so he wouldn't have to see Jinki so unhappy.  
 


Alas, they had no control over the past but they had the ability to change the future.

 

Jinki didn't share his optimistic way of thinking, that night had meant everything to him. He never had experienced these special feelings and then this dazzling voice had emerged out of nowhere, snagging his attention just for him to meet his perfect person.

 

The only thing left from that night was the name Bling Bling and his voice.

 

 

 

The Crown Prince couldn't stay in his chamber forever, he had his duties after all. Most of these duties were, to go through gifts that suitors had left behind and read the love letters most women and even men had written for him.

 

It was Kibum's job to write down all the suitors that the Crown Prince wanted to meet again in the future. However his notes had remained blank and the gifts were shoved in a corner, stacked up and unopened given that Jinki hadn't been in the mood.

 

Another duty that certainly didn't help to calm Jinki down was the Council meeting he had to attend. Sadly he had no say in the matter and sat in his usual spot on the left side of the King.

 

Several Council members were already seated and Heechul was there as well but to Jinki's surprise, the Lord of the Southern villages attended too.

 

''All rise for the King,'' Leeteuk announced and everyone stood as the King entered. He passed the many Council members with a curt nod and patted Heechul's shoulder before standing at the end of the table.

 


''Please welcome Choi Seung-Hyun, Lord of the Southern villages.'' The King gestured to the man who bowed in respect. The Council members grunted their greetings and Jinki just nodded disinterestedly. ''This is an honor, your Highness.'' The Lord uttered as he glanced at both Royal men with a blank expression.

 

The King nodded in acknowledgment and glanced at the others, ''Please be seated.'' He commanded and signaled for his Advisor to tackle the first topic on the Agenda.

 

Everyone sat down as Leeteuk sorted out the many notes, smiling he cleared his throat and announced that the first one was the success of the Banquet.

 

Many guests had claimed that the evening was one that should be written down into the history books. The food and music were enjoyable and the Royal Family had been so warmhearted and open with everybody.

 

The King smiled proudly as he placed his hands on his belly, ''That's wonderful, it's important to give our guests the feeling of stepping into a comfortable place that could feel like a second home.'' Some Council members agreed and gave their own impute about the evening and for a repeat in the future.

 

''Are there any objections or can we move on to the next topic?'' The King asked as he looked around at each Council member, the two Lords, and the Crown Prince. Jinki shrugged his broad shoulders, it wasn't like he wanted to be here so the sooner this Council meeting was over the better.

 

Heechul seemed to be at peace with closing the topic only Lord Seung-Hyun appeared to disagree with something as he held up his hand to show that he wanted to express his opinion.

 

The King motioned for him to speak his mind and the Lord sighed deeply as he looked at the King first then at the Crown Prince next. ''Whilst I do agree with the warm reception, the real purpose of the Banquet wasn't so successful,'' he began and stared down at the Crown Prince who frowned in return.

 

''My sister, Lady Luna and I traveled day and night to be at this Banquet and I'm sure many more are offended as the Crown Prince was supposed to meet up with Suitors. My sister said she had danced with him only for a short amount of time before he abruptly left her side and when she sought him out in the Courtyard, he rudely left her side again for a stranger.''

 

The Crown Prince felt many eyes on him including that of the King but his remained sternly on the Lord who apparently had something else to complain about. ''Now I honestly am not concerned about his reasons for being in the Courtyard but I'm displeased with the fact that my sister has been rejected numerous times.''

 

The King looked at his son and placed a hand on his shoulder, ''I'm well aware that my son was to find a potential suitor and left the Banquet but I'm highly doubtful that he ignored his duties.'' He explained softly and smiled as Jinki looked back at him with surprised eyes. The King had after all heard from his Queen about a certain Musician. ''Please my son, tell us your thoughts.''

 

Jinki nodded, he didn't feel like telling the Council elders and that Lord what he had done that evening but he needed to defend himself if he wanted to stop trouble from escalating. The Crown Prince bowed his head politely and straightened up in his chair, his eyes directly on Seung-Hyun.

 

''I want to apologize for abandoning Lady Luna and also for making her feel rejected,'' he began, his tone of voice warm yet professional, his chocolate eyes dark and harsh.


 

The Council members glanced at each other in surprise, it has been a while since they saw Crown Prince Jinki act this way about a topic, they could tell that this was going to be an intense meeting. Seung-Hyun accepted the apology with a nod but furrowed his brow as he sensed the same thing.


 

''Yet I cannot focus on one person only and the Royal rules dictate that if the Crown Prince has interest in a suitor, he is free to reject any actions of others.'' Jinki pointed out and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow at the Lord and daring him to say otherwise. Jinki knew what he was talking about, he did his homework before all this rubbish about suitors began.


 

''Be that as it may, I take it your father hasn't told you that my sister is everything but a suitor.'' Lord Seung-Hyun countered back and smirked slightly as Jinki glanced from the King to him in confusion. ''We offered a marriage proposal and I made a deal with the King that he has an answer at the end of this month.''

 

Jinki's eyes went wide as his chest tightened in panic, he hadn't heard the King mention this before.

 

He didn't want to marry Lady Luna, Jinki wanted Bling Bling and nobody else.

 

The King sighed agitated and rubbed his temples, ''My son, he indeed spoke to me and I told him that I took his proposal in consideration. I'm sorry that I haven't sought you out before this meeting yet circumstances did not allow me to do so.'' He looked pointedly at his son who looked away in embarrassment as he had practically forbidden anyone from seeing him for the past week.

 

''That's because a situation caused me heartache,'' Jinki said quietly and upset as he looked down at his lap, fist balled and nails digging into the skin of his palms.

 

The memory of Bling Bling running away from him still fresh in his mind.

 

The King blinked rapidly in surprise and the many Council members had identical reactions. ''Heartache? Please elaborate my Prince.'' Heechul said softly and smiled comfortingly as Jinki looked up at him with wounded eyes.

 

''I met this Musician at the Banquet, his amazing voice snatched my attention first and when I sought him out, I actually found myself enjoying his company. Sadly our encounter ended when something spooked him, I haven't seen him since.'' Jinki described passionately, the thought of their time together brought a smile to his handsome features.

 

The Council members began to talk among themselves and Jinki squirmed in his chair, feeling uncomfortable for sharing a private moment with everyone. Heechul winked knowingly at him and Jinki blushed, he felt ten times better with the Lord's presence here but the sight of the King's unreadable expression made him feel uneasy yet again.

 

The King held up his hand, commanding silence and smiled gently down at the Crown Prince. ''I'm overjoyed to hear that you finally have interest in someone but why didn't you inform your Advisor to set up another visit between you two?''

 

Jinki sighed and adjusted his collar as he broke out in a cold sweat, ''That's the issue, I don't know his whereabouts. He left me with a nickname and no clue as to what he looked like.''


Seung-Hyun scoffed when hearing this, ''What is this kind of nonsense? This petty heartache you have shouldn't be that important if the time you two shared together wasn't even that serious, instead, the Crown Prince shouldn't wallow in self-pity and continue his duty.''

 

Jinki glared angrily, stood up and slammed his fist on the table. The muscles in his arms and shoulders straining against his robe with how tensed he had forced them. ''And what is that duty, my Lord? Marry your sister who I have no attraction yet any interest for?''

 

Seung-Hyun didn't feel threatened and waved him off as he stood up as well. ''Cease your absurdity about love and interest, your acting foolish and should marry a woman from a well-respected family to continue the Lee-Family-Line and to strengthen the Kingdom and not talk gibberish about a useless Musician!'' He snarled his response with an uncustomary growl.

 

Jinki almost saw red when he talked about Bling Bling as a useless Musician. The Crown Prince felt incredibly protective over the smaller man and just the thought of his saddened face when hearing this made Jinki almost want to go ballistic.


He never felt this emotionally attached before and it puzzled him but that didn't stop Jinki from approaching that damn Lord however the King held him tightly by the arm, stopping him from doing something that he will regret later but if Jinki couldn't punch that moronic Lord in the face, then he could at least talk.

 

''How dare you to say those things about Bling Bling, he is anything but useless. I don't tolerate such manner of speaking in this Kingdom and not only that but how dare you offer your sister as a political object.'' Both men glared at each other yet they jumped when the King's heavy voice roared around the room.

 


''That's enough! Lord Seung-Hyun, I warned you not to interfere with our rules and decisions so I suggest you step back. As I said, I will hold your proposal in consideration but that doesn't mean you can harass my son to marry Lady Luna.''
 


Lord Seung-Hyun huffed and sat down, crossed his arms and looked away coolly. Whereas Jinki wasn't done yet.

 

''This is not a playground my Lord, you are acting like a child that didn't get what he wanted. I suggest you cast away that attitude as we don't need it here.'' Jinki said authoritatively without a smirk of malicious because he meant no ill will, unlike the Lord. 

 

One of the Council members gasped as they thought the Crown Prince was being rude. ''OBJECTION!''

 

''OVERRULED!'' The King countered back as he saw nothing wrong with what Jinki said, his son was behaving like a King. The Lord had no control over his emotions and the Crown Prince was only warning him that this could damage his own image if he kept continuing. 

 

Lord Seung-Hyun didn't say anything but just sat there, probably astounded to speak. Jinki satisfied with the reaction turned his attention to his father. 


''Father, how can you consider a proposal like that? And I refuse to marry Lady Luna!''
 


The King frowned at his son and beckoned him to sit back down, ''My son, the only thing I can advise you is to find your Musician before the end of the month, I'm getting old and I can no longer wait for you to decide who you want to be with. This has been going on for two years and it's about time that this ends with either you married to a lover of your choice or not.''

 

He avoided the betrayal on his son's face as it displeased him to hurt Jinki but he couldn't do much anymore. The Council was getting more demanding and his health was decreasing, he couldn't wait another two years before Jinki finally found his soul mate.

 

Jinki looked down and away, ignoring the pleased smirk on Seung-Hyun's face as his heart shattered. ''So you're basically stating that I have a week to find Bling Bling or else my future will be ruined?'' His jaw clenched until he felt the muscles tick, his tone of voice sounded defeated.

 

''My Prince...'' Heechul mumbled softly, he wanted to do nothing more than to comfort the Crown Prince but the meeting had not ended yet. The King squeezed his eyes shut, swallowed tensely and cleared his throat, ''Don't talk like that my son but you indeed have a week to seek him out...'' The King trailed off and sighed before looking at the other Council members.

 

''Any Objections?''

 

The Council members shook their head, Seung-Hyun shrugged with a smirk on his lips. Heechul looked away and Jinki stayed quiet. The King sighed again and nodded to Leeteuk to close the topic and move on to another one.

 

The meeting turned gloomy as the L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter