Make Me Whole Again

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

 

The first thing a Royal member would learn in the Kingdom of Valmerys was to always stay polite to villagers and never show them your annoyance or impatience. Jinki wanted to throw whoever came up with that rule out the window or light them up with some sweet magic abilities but sadly he was stuck here in a living-room, leaning back against a wall with his arms crossed whilst they waited for a girl to sing the song that Jinki wanted men to sing for him.


Kara as Jinki learned was the girl's name, sat on the couch, nervous and fiddling with her fingers. Her mother had begged for them to give her a chance or at least spend some time with her because she was one of those with a puppy-like-crush for the Crown Prince. Although everyone in the vicinity knew they didn't stand a chance in a relationship with Jinki, they still tried to have his attention if only for a bit.

 

What a waste of time. 

 

Jinki had been to five houses already after his arrival to Arcadia but thus far no luck. Most of them didn't know which song he was speaking about and others just didn't have the correct voice. They either had scratchy vocals or were just singing out of tune. 
 

The Crown Prince thought back to when he stepped out of the carriage this morning and saw Minho push a frustrated blond back into the crowd. 
That man had so many of the same characteristics as Bling Bling.


Big brown eyes

A sharp jawline

Petite body
 

But Jinki wouldn't be fooled, lately, everyone who only had a sliver of the same looks was Bling Bling in his eyes. If only Kibum didn't drag him off to start the announcement, he could have gotten an answer from that blond man. Jinki shook his head, not that it mattered much, what were the chances he would immediately come face to face with the love of his life?


''I-I'm ready!'' Kara stammered shyly as her shining hazel orbs directed on him hopefully. opened and what came out sounded like a squeaky toy getting crushed. 

 

The sound of my breath
Had stopped without knowing
That’s when I discovered you
All of the coincidences
Fell into your ocean
In the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend

 

She sang the last part so unnecessary loud that their glass jars with sweets on the table shattered. General Minho stepped in front of Jinki to protect him from most of the flying sharts, thank god Minho himself was wearing Iron armor so he barely felt anything. ''Okaaay, Thank you for your time but we really need to move on.'' Kibum shot her a fake smile and lifted a hand to pick out the sharts pinned in his hat.

 

They left her behind pouting but she got over it soon, Kara got to see the gorgeous Crown Prince up close for 15 min and that was fine with her.

 

Everyone else thought differently about it, ''Great! another girl who wasted our time just to see you.'' Kibum huffed and glared at the Crown Prince who was glancing around the village in awe. Despite their mission, Jinki quite enjoyed being outside the Palace again, but even then it wasn't as adventurous when he had his parents traveling with him, watching his every move.

 

Jinki just sighed and scratched the back of his head, ''Look, I can't help it okay. We can't ignore their pleads if it doesn't consist of money or inappropriate things.'' Taemin frowned at him, ''Well we should have ignored her, not only am I deaf but nearly lost an eye as well, not inappropriate my arse.''

 

Minho rolled his eyes at Taemin's overreaction and patted a pouting Jinki on the shoulder, ''Don't worry your Highness, we will find him.'' The Crown Prince was about to smile and agree but Kibum had to open his big mouth and spit out the cold truth, ''I would hope so, we still have to go through a hundred people.'' Jinki groaned loudly and pulled at his hair, '' my life!''

 

Taemin wiggled his eyebrows, ''No thanks, but I assure you that Bling Bling would like that.'' Jinki wanted to punch that cheeky grin from his brother's face but secretly he wouldn't mind it one bit. Kibum looked back at them then forward but immediately almost whiplashed as he glanced at Jinki scandalized. ''You really are thinking about that your Highness? since when are the Royal brothers such erts!''

 

''You're one to talk, compared to your relationship with Minho, Jinki is in the stages of innocent cute puppy love.'' And so the bickering between the Advisor and the young Prince began, Minho chuckled and even Jinki couldn't stop the fond grin from showing. It has been such a long time they could hang out like this together.


Minho looked down at Jinki, ''Is it really innocent cute puppy love?'' his voice sounded borderline playful with a hint of curiosity in it. Jinki laughed and shook his head, ''Innocent, I don't think so but does it count that I am in love with a cute puppy?'' a dreamy look overtook his Chocolate eyes. The General chuckled again and slapped him roughly on the back causing the Prince to stumble. ''I'm happy for you, your Highness, don't keep your hopes up.''


Jinki curled his hand around the taller man's arm, ''Thank you, my friend.''

 

 

The following days didn't bring them closer to the mysterious singer. So many willing villagers stood in line to sing for the Crown Prince. Taemin was surprised that Jinki was this wanted in such a tiny village, let alone in the whole Kingdom. 


They searched high and low and in between but no one had that unique voice, Jinki was slowly giving up until they passed an Orphanage and Jinki saw a small boy sitting by the window.

 

The boy's face was twisted in an upset expression as if joy had been stolen from him. 

 

He was clutching a battered notebook in tiny hands and was staring at them or more particular at Jinki. The Crown Prince had a great urge to step inside that Orphanage and make that child smile but weren't they already losing enough time? To Jinki's surprise, the child ran off before he reappeared in front of the door and opened it slowly, beckoning him to come closer. Jinki ignored his inner voice and walked over, the others stopped and called after him yet they followed in bewilderment.


They all shivered, the place lacked certain happiness, no laughter, no playing around, no nothing. There was no child in sight to greet them eagerly, except for the boy running up the stairs and glancing back at them. ''I hope that boy isn't trying to play hide and seek with us,'' Kibum muttered impatiently whereas Jinki followed the child to a certain attic.

 

When he entered the attic, it was like stepping into a new world. The smell of remaining scented candles filled his nostrils and mountains of music parchments littered a small desk. A giant window allowed the sun to shine on a bed with a small girl on top it, clutching a pillow in her small arms, the boy who had brought him up here sat next to her.

 

''Are you two alright?'' Jinki asked worriedly, he was unsure how to talk to these children as he was pretty awkward with kids. The girl clung to the boy who hesitantly nodded but then shook his head. ''You are the Crown Prince right?'' the boy asked so innocently that Jinki's heart melted. He nodded and crouched down in front of them so he won't intimidate them with his height and posture.

 

''Can you bring us Jjongie back?''


Jinki titled his head to the side and shifted slightly, ''Jjongie? what happened?'' The boy bit his lips and fiddled with the notebook. ''Beatrice send him away because he was a meanie but he isn't a meanie!'' The Brunette blinked at the outburst whilst the girl nodded in agreement, shyly looking at him from behind the other's shoulder. ''W-wait...'' Jinki began and smiled softly, ''What are your names?'' it was easier to address them with a name.

 

''I'm Sejun and she is Minji!!'' 

 

Jinki nodded and kneeled in front of them, resting his hands on top of them. ''Nice to meet you Sejun, Minji! My name is Jinki!'' He chirped, pulling a giggle from the two children. ''Now...please tell me what happened.'' Sejun nodded and handed him the notebook. ''Jjongie lived here in the attic but he left because he was a meanie to Beatrice!!.'' Sejun explained and hugged the girl for comfort, ''I miss Jwongies voice!'' Minji exclaimed sadly making Jinki blink in surprise.

 

''Does this Jjongie sing?'' 

 

''Yes! that was his notebook with all his songs!'' Sejun pointed at the small black almost burned down book in Jinki's hands. The Brunette slowly opened it and immediately came face to face with self-written lyrics. His heart was in his throat when he flipped the pages and saw the self-composed words of the song 'Take The Dive.' written in there.

 

''This song...'' He trailed off, sliding his fingertips softly over the words. Was this Jjongie the one he was searching for?

 

''Can you tell me where to find Jjongie?'' 


Sejun nodded eagerly and stood up, he shyly grabbed Jinki's hand and guided him to the window. They both looked out as Sejun pointed at a certain building on the other side of the village square. ''He is staying at Yung's place, the Tavern!'' the boy said proudly, Jinki chuckled and ruffled his hair. 
 

''Thank you. I will promise to bring your Jjongie back alright?'' 

 

Both children cheered in happiness and hugged him out of enthusiasm, Jinki laughed and hugged them back. Who could believe that children were much more helpful then all those adults have been the last couple of days. 

 

He hurriedly left the attic with the battered notebook clutched to his chest, only to come face to face with a stressed General Minho. ''Everything alright?'' Minho shook his head whilst glancing out the window. ''My guards informed about Lord Seung-Hyun presence here...'' The General glanced back at him with a frown.

 

''Hopefully, he's not here to mess up our progress.'' Jinki mirrored his displeased expression but then showed him the notebook. 


''I might know where Bling Bling is'' They both smiled, their eyes lit up at the good news and while Minho called for Taemin and Kibum, Jinki already left the Orphanage to make his way to the Tavern.

 

He halted harshly in his tracks as a carriage raced by closely followed by Lord Seung-Hyun, they both had brief eye-contact before the man galloped away on his horse. Jinki looked after him suspiciously but then shrugged his shoulders, that man has always been weird, no surprises there. 

 

He ran to the Tavern, the grin on his face grew with every step he took, eyes twinkling with longing and love when thinking about being reunited with Bling Bling or better yet Jjongie. Entering the Tavern brought his brief celebration to an abrupt halt at the sight of pure chaos, an old man lay wounded on the ground surrounded by two women, crying and in complete hysterics.

 

The younger of the two women gasped when seeing him and nearly flew at him, ''Please your Highness!! He's wounded a-and...'' Jinki wrapped an arm around her in comfort, calculating the situation quickly. The man seemed to have been stabbed in the middle and was losing quite an amount of blood.

 

''What the hell!!'' Kibum's yell startled Jinki and they all looked over as Taemin, Kibum, Minho and several guards barreled in.

 

Kibum rushed over to the older pair, advising Jiah about what to gather so they were maybe able to keep Yung alive. Minho appeared next to Jinki and glanced at the young woman with a determined expression. ''Please my lady, tell us what happened.''

 

She nodded and wiped her tears away, her eyes were red and lips were turned down. ''My friend had trouble with a Lord and h-he was just abducted, Yung protected him but L-lord Seung-Hyun struck Yung down.'' 
 

Minho and Jinki exchanged horrified glances, The older of the two held up the black notebook. ''Is this from your friend?'' The girl gasped and softly took it from Jinki, she brushed a thumb over the cover and nodded slightly, ''Jonghyun loves music, it's a dream to him to become a composer or a singer.'' She whispered and pressed a handkerchief against as she started sobbing again.


Jinki was gazing in the distance as a certain memory surfaced. 

 

~Flashback~


'' I have to ask but did you compose that song yourself?'' Jinki wondered while they descended a set of stairs. Jonghyun nodded eagerly, ''Yes I like to make music, in fact, It's my dream to become a composer or singer.'' He replied, grinning widely as Jinki looked back with surprised eyes.


''That's truly amazing! there are many feelings and thoughts behind the lyrics, did you make it with a certain meaning?''


Jonghyun glowed at the compliment, ''Well when I make music, I like to stimulate people's imaginations without telling them my intentions so you have to guess it yourself.'' His eyes twinkled with mirth as the Crown Prince stopped and glanced back with a y smirk. ''It sounds like someone has a guilty pleasure, the challenge is on.''
 

~End Flashback~

 

Jinki balled his fists, bristling with rage at the thought of Seung-Hyun messing once again with his life. ''He has been a thorn in my side since his arrival.'' gritting his teeth, he felt tingles in his fingers which made him realize that this wasn't the place nor the time to release his anger or his magic abilities. 

 

''Donghae, Kai...''Jinki called for them urgently, the two guards ran up, waiting for their orders. ''Bring this man to the castle and our sickbay, take the two ladies and Kibum with you...when you're there, call in for reinforcements.'' Donghae and Kai nodded and both carefully helped Yung up with the help from Kibum and Jiah.

 

''We will go after Seung-Hyun, once I know where he is I will notify of our position with my lightning.'' 


''But your Highness...Isn't it smarter to wait for those reinforcements?'' Minho questioned, not wanting to counter Jinki's authority but trying to look at the situation from every angle. ''No, who knows how much ground he will cover by the time reinforcements come...I don't want to lose Jonghyun a second time now that he is this close.'' there was something in his voice that kept Minho from arguing. 


No one should mess around with an angry Jinki.

 

Taeyeon searched his face suspiciously but there was no evil will in his expression. It hit Taeyeon on the spot when gazing in his passionate chocolate eyes. ''You are Onew aren't you?'' Jinki melancholy smiled at her and nodded, Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter