Take The Dive

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

 

 

The Kingdom of Valmerys was one of the top tier Kingdoms out there. It was ruled by a King and Queen who wished and wanted the best for their people. Aside from that, they had two lovely sons, one slightly more mischievous than the other but that did not make a difference when they were adored by the villagers. Often the Royal family would visit these villages and provide wherever they could, even if it was in the form of labor, they were prepared to help.
 

Recently an occurrence had turned heads from every direction, even other Kingdoms to the Royal family. This case was happening around the Crown Prince namely Lee Jinki. It was announced that the Crown Prince was searching for a bride and a suitable partner to settle down with. Given that Lee Jinki was overall a warm kindhearted man with a heart of gold, evoked many enthusiastic women to Valmerys. The fact that he was, charming, good-looking and downright hot was a bonus also.

 

The Crown Prince though wasn't that keen on the whole concept. 

 

Jinki very deliberately put the parchment down before his fingers curled into fists, his eyes seeking out Kibum, his appointed Advisor, for some sign that he could refuse this suggestion his father, the King so kindly wanted to see him for in a council meeting. But Kibums expression gave him no peace of mind, his eyes were stern and his posture straight as if he was preparing himself to fight Jinki on this.

 

Kibum meant well, only wanted to see him happy but marrying a random Princess or wealthy woman was something not pleasant in Jinki's book.

 

The Prince believed that a long term relationship was only successful if both parties held love for the other. Jinki wanted to feel his heart make somersaults whenever his partner would approach, he wanted to feel his partner curled up in his arms whenever they were sleeping. He desired to look at his partner and think that this person was his world.

 

Jinki was revolted by the thought of not loving his partner, avoiding the other and not sleeping in the same room because he felt guilty for pretending.

 

Thank god the King and Queen didn't decide yet to pick a suitor for him. But that did not mean that they weren't trying to set him up with one of them in the form of inviting wealthy families to parties and Banquets.

 

''No.'' Jinki finally said, glad to find that his voice did not crack. He could see Kibum sigh and steel himself for the upcoming argument. ''My Prince, please at least listen to what the King has to say, in the end, it's a tradition to marry and continue the Lee-family-line.'' Kibum words held truth but Jinki was tired of the rules, he had to follow them since he was 4, when he grew aware of the world around him.

 

Jinki just smiled at his friend, ''It's the same thing over and over again Kibum, take the time to get to know this woman or spend some time with that Princess.'' Jinki sighed deeply and lifted fists to his eyes, rubbing his sore eyes as he thought about what his father had up his sleeves this time.

 

''Your Highness...'' Kibum began but stopped as Jinki held up a hand, commanding silence but his eyes were gentle. ''Come on Kibum, how many times do I have to tell you, it's Jinki when we're alone.'' He cracked a grin as his friend rolled his eyes, his shoulders visibly relaxing when he saw that Jinki was in buddy mode. ''My apologies.'' Kibum tone was friendly but respectful. ''Alright, I will heed what the King has to say and will make a decision from there.'' Jinki finally agreed and stood up, leaving his work for another time, his Advisor nodded satisfied and lead the way.

 

The Prince followed his Advisor to his own master bedroom, adjoined to Jinki's office, and settled down in front of a golden length mirror as Kibum made sure his friend and Prince was presentable, removing wrinkles from his robes and plucking at the furs around his neck. He brushed a comb through fine chestnut hair as Kibum went over a short summary as to what Jinki could expect once in the council room.

 

Once done, they wandered towards the council chambers where Minho, the General of the Royal Guard was waiting. ''Good-day your Highness, the King is inside. Go on through.'' Minho welcomed with a bow and nodded at the door. Jinki bowed his head with a smile, ''Good-day Minho, no missions or young soldiers to take care of today?'' He asked curiously, Minho's place was normally in the courtyard or in the training room with soldiers in training.

 

The General who was eying Kibum up from head to toe, not so stealthily, glanced at the Prince with a small blush on his cheeks and a guilty look in his eyes. ''The King ordered me to you to the courtyard after your meeting, my Prince.'' He explained and Jinki nodded in acknowledgment and approached the huge set of brown doors. ''Good luck Jinki...'' Kibum flashed him a small smile but his eyes were trained on the General.

 

Jinki tilted his head to the side, ''Are you not joining me?'' He asked innocently, a smirk growing on his face when Kibum glared at him for a moment, and then his gaze slowly warmed as he looked back at Minho who was fidgeting nervously in his spot. ''No, you big baby. I don't need to hold your hand wherever you go.''

 

Jinki gasped scandalized and grabbed at his chest, pretending to be offended, ''How dare you to speak to me like that Kibummie, I am the Prince!'' He huffed but chuckled warmly as Kibum roughly waved him away, clearly gesturing to him to 'Get lost' and to 'Go away.'

 

The Prince shook his head and placed his hand on the huge handle, he spared his two friends one backward glance. His heart melted at the sight of the two nearing each other before the General cupped the diva's cheek, love, and desire lurking in their eyes. He sighed longingly if only he could look at someone like that.
 

 

 

Jinki stepped into the massive room that saw the most important decisions made by the King and Queen of the Kingdom. Its ceiling was high enough and decorated with chandeliers in all sizes, while the huge glass windows on the ceiling provided sunlight to illuminate the room. At the end of a long stone table that served as the room's centerpiece sat the King, on his right side sat his most trusted Advisor Leeteuk. His left side held an empty chair whilst the other chairs were filled with the council-members and one Lord from the Northern villages.

 

''Surely that cannot be your son, my King?. May I be free to say that he has gotten more handsome.'' The Lord also known as Heechul smiled politely, his tone sounded a little playful, and Jinki glanced up at him only to receive a wink. 'Thank god it's just him' Jinki thought while approaching the table and ignoring the many judging eyes on him. Heechul was a trusted friend of his father and when Jinki had gotten to know the Lord, he actually found out that the man was more of a child in an adult body. One thing was for sure, Jinki felt less tense with him in the same vicinity.

 

The King chuckled and smiled kindly at the Lord before glancing down at his son, ''Yes, I'm well aware and I must say that my son has the blood of our family-line quitE tight in his grasp, that goes for personality too.'' Jinki blushed as he was praised in front of the council-members who wore usually stone-cold faces but the quirk of their lips hinted that this council meeting was less troublesome than the others.

 

''Now that the Prince has joined us, let us address the upcoming event.'' the King opened the meeting while his Advisor was scribbling words down on his parchment. The King looked down at his son with a gentle smile, ''My son, I'm directly speaking to you as this is a matter of your future relationship with a suitor,'' he began while Jinki nodded, already expecting this but that did not make him stop from feeling a tight pressure in his chest however the reassuring smile from Heechul calmed him down just a little.

 

''We are planning on holding a Banquet, of course inviting possible suitors and their families to our kingdom since female suitors have failed to hold your attention in the past, we decided to invite the other gender as well.'' The King trailed off as he glanced around at the council-members, two of them had their mouth open, ready to argue but the King held up his hand, ''There is no use arguing, I am well aware that the Lee-family-line has to continue, but we will worry about that when the time comes.'' He sternly addressed, looking around at his council as if to inquire whether anyone had anything to say to the contrary.

 

The two just huffed and crossed their arms, no doubt leaving the fight for when they had an audience with the King behind closed doors.

 

Jinki meanwhile gaped in shock, he never allowed himself the pleasure of thinking of the other . It was no use to be attracted to a man when he could not pursue his feelings and or share a future with them. He always forced himself to look at women, but more likely then not he felt attracted to the brothers of his female suitors. ''Father, are you truly allowing me to pursue a possible relationship with the other ?''

 

The King laughed and patted his shoulder, the shocked yet cheerful glint in his son's eyes was what pleased him and what he loved to see on his son. ''Yes, the Queen and I conversed about this and came to a conclusion to try other tactics, our sons' happiness is most important to us but you have to promise us that this event will not be for naught.''

 

Jinki rapidly nodded, this event already sounding much more interesting. ''Of course father! Hopefully, I won't disappoint you.''

 

The King and Heechul exchanged a smile as the Lord clapped his hands excitedly, ''Now that's out of the way, let us talk about this competition.'' He suggested loudly, the King agreed and the council-members sat up in their chairs now that they finally could give their advice on a subject that did not forbid them from meddling.

 

Jinki was no longer listening as his thoughts drifted in the direction of the event. He could finally grand himself permission to do something about his attractions for the other .

 

The excitement and hope that he will find the right person made him almost vibrate in his seat. He needed to find Kibum, Minho, and his younger brother Taemin to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter