Tell Me What To Do

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jinki hurried down to the Archery range with the thought that Jessica had every right to approach him with that question. After their past and coming back after years with a lover could look bad but he had no ill-feelings. Jonghyun and he were courting and it was the perfect opportunity to get to know him and travel together.

Talking with Jessica had to wait as the well-being of his lover came first. He found Jonghyun with a bow and arrow in position about to shoot a target. He made himself known when Jonghyun shot just a little of the target and Chanyeol praised the smaller man for at least hitting something.


‘’Jonghyun,’’ Jinki uttered, approaching his lover whose happy smile faded at the sight of him and it made him feel even guiltier for showing his frustration last night. ‘’H-hi Jinki.’’ Jonghyun stammered, ‘’Did you sleep well?’’
 

The Crown Prince winched, if there was one thing he didn’t want it was for Jonghyun to be nervous around him. He took Jonghyun in his arms, pressing a kiss to his forehead, the blond’s eyes fluttered and a small sigh left pouty lips. ‘’Yes, but it would have been even better with you in bed.’’ 


Jonghyun glanced up in surprise, nibbling on his bottom lip and averted his gaze back down. ‘’I thought...you wouldn’t…want me there.’’ 


Jinki held his chin, making sure their gazes met before he continued, ‘’Please don’t think that, I-’’ He trailed off and Jonghyun made a noise to urge him on. ‘’-I don’t have an excuse other than that it was my frustration speaking, I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.’’


The blond grimaced ‘’It’s okay Jinki, I shouldn’t have withheld you from sleep.’’ but his expression told Jinki the other was still hurting by the event last night and that there was something else he was overlooking. 


Jinki held him close, the arch of his back with his palm as he saw Chanyeol leave from the corner of his eye, ‘’There is something else isn’t it?’’ He asked with concern in his tone, ‘’Tell me Beautiful.’’ Jonghyun gave a bitter smile, ‘’It’s nothing.’’ He broke their hug and took his hand instead. ‘’Let’s look around! I have yet to have a tour around the castle.’’
 

The Crown Prince could tell the other was dodging his question but secretly he already answered it in a way, something was bothering Jonghyun but what was still unclear, Jinki felt like he failed Jonghyun last night so the least he could do was help him now.


‘’I’m not going anywhere until you tell me.’’ Jinki pressed, ‘’Let me help you...I feel guilty after last night so please let me help you.’’ He practically pleaded as he watched the Blond look over his shoulder with a furrowed brow.


‘’’Don’t feel guilty-’’ Jonghyun’s stomach dropped, ‘’-I had a nap yesterday while you didn’t, I should have taken that in regard...’’ He shuffled his feet, it had been selfish of him for whining instead of helping him to the bed and letting him sleep. 

Jinki smiled before reaching out a strong hand and cupping his cheek, ‘’How about we both stop feeling guilty and help each other out?’’ He asked with a small honeyed chuckle to light up the mood, the blond smiled hesitantly, but his eyes held a glint of humor. 


‘’Okay..,’’ Jonghyun mumbled, removing his hand and intertwining their fingers instead. Tension grew in his shoulders and he looked everywhere but at Jinki. After a moment of silence, he took a quivering breath, ‘’I-i had a…nightmare...again, it’s always the same darkness and monsters terrorizing me.’’ He admitted weakly.  


Jinki felt his heart drop at the news, why were the nightmares back again? They were gone for a while but suddenly returned?... What could be the reason for that, was it because they weren’t in a familiar place?

Jonghyun was watching him think, ‘’My Love, what are you thinking of?’’ He asked, running fingers through Jinki’s hair to straighten it. Fluttering his eyes shut, the Crown Prince took in the small fingers in his hair, he always felt at ease when Jonghyun would play with his hair like his touch gently tugged the worries out of his mind.

Smiling softly, Jonghyun held his lover close, with him he felt safe, happy like Jinki was his world and only he could calm the angry waves. ‘My one and only.’ Jonghyun thought with love in his puppy eyes. ‘’Tell me what to do...’’ Whispering this, he waited patiently until Jinki’s stunning chocolate eyes were focusing on him. 

Jinki had his thinking face on. ‘’I know someone here who could help you and might know more about your healing abilities.’’ Jonghyun’s eyes lit up and he clung to Jinki’s arm with a gleeful hum, ‘’Tell me tell me tell me!’’

Happy that Jonghyun was eager about it, Jinki laughed and led the way back to the castle. ‘’Let me show you instead.’’ He replied, turning his head to watch the smaller man bounce next to him, his eyes trailing over his form before landing on his hair and he almost cooed at the view.

‘’Babe your hair…’’ He pointed out, Jonghyun looked over in surprise as if he had forgotten about it before blushing and touching the ponytail on his head lightly, ‘’Aaaah I tied it up cause it was a mess.’’ Jonghyun smiled at him, ‘’What do you think?’’ he sounded nervous but Jinki thought he had nothing to be nervous about.

With his voice lowering and eyes smoldering, he stared into the smaller man’s eyes, ‘’You look handsome and soft, I just want to hold you carefully cause you look so delicate but at the same time I want to you rough and pull at your ponytail.’’

Jonghyun blankly stared before laughing so hard, he was in tears. Jinki grinned although his cheeks were reddening out of embarrassment.

‘’Crown Prince Jinki has a kink I see.’’ A lopsided smirk curled on his lips, and Jinki’s knees felt weak before he threw dirt at him. Shielding his face and laughing more, Jonghyun stuck out his tongue, ‘’ Jinki.’’ He teased then whirled around and ran away with a cheeky grin as Jinki gasped scandalized, ‘’Come here you little brat!!’’

Jinki chased Jonghyun off the archery range and towards a small hill that separated the castle with the forest, their laughter rang like music in the air until Jinki jumped the blond and they collapsed on the grass, rolling between the greens of nature.

Grabbing Jinki’s hands, Jonghyun raised them above his head, straddling his hips and slumping forward a little so that their hot breaths were mingling together. ‘’I win.’’ 


‘’I didn’t know we were having a competition.’’ The older man said, his voice lulling as he tilted his head up and captured those captivating lips, a content purr rumbling through his body. Jonghyun stifled a gasp against his mouth, slipping his tongue into Jinki’s mouth as he craved Jinki's familiar taste. 


Spending quality time together is just what they needed after such a night, their touches gave them that bit of energy and confidence to get through the day. Jinki let out a small muffling moan while his hands greedily reached out to squeeze everything, Jonghyun’s shoulders, biceps, and waist. Breathing became a necessity so Jonghyun broke the kiss causing Jinki to chase him for a bit before laying back down with a bright grin. 


‘’Do you want to stay here or...?’’ Jinki didn’t finish and he didn’t have to as Jonghyun smiled and climbed off to nestle against his side, ‘’Stay here, I want you for myself today as much as possible,’’ He tightened his hold on the fabric of the dark green tunic Jinki was wearing. 


Jinki chuckled as his heart fluttered, Jonghyun usually didn’t show his possessive side but when he did it made him feel special and not only that but his lover was just endearing with his smaller body clinging to him and those puppy eyes burning with passion.

‘’Do not worry,’’ Jinki pressed a kiss to his hair, ‘’I’m all yours until late afternoon.’’ Jonghyun gave him a chaste kiss for that but a slight frown still creased his forehead, ‘’When will you go to bed?’’ The Crown Prince was watching the clouds drift by when the other asked this, he turned his head and met his concerned gaze. 


The scenario of last night came to him and he exhaled, ‘’I will try my best to come back before you go to sleep.’’ Jinki assured, his lips, ‘’I might be done by the time you get back from my friend I want you to meet.’’

Jonghyun nodded, satisfied with the answer. ‘’Tell me about your friend.’’ He rested his head on his shoulder and wrapped an arm around his chest as a soft breeze brushed through their hair and the sunrays kept them warm.

‘’His name is Baekhyun, a medical scribe who has been around for a long time, the man loves experimenting and digging through history and ancient artifacts.’’ came Jinki’s reply. ‘’I’m sure he knows a thing or two about your predicament.’’  


‘’Wow...that’s impressive.’’ Jonghyun blinked dazedly, ‘’I hope so, I know that I can cure diseases, poisons and heal one’s mental state and calm the mind by using sleeping spells but I have zero control over it.’’ 


‘’That’s not true.’’ Jinki corrected with a gentle tone, Jonghyun tilted his head up in confusion, ‘’What?’’ Jinki placed a hand behind his head, the other cradling his lover close. ‘’You sang for Yung and successfully healed him…’’

Jonghyun interrupted him, ‘’Yes but I only sang, the big question is...where did the healing come from and how do I know I won’t fail someone in the future when I have to heal them? It’s not like I’m deciding when it comes.’’ He spoke out of concern, looking between Jinki and the buttons on his tunic. 


The Crown Prince felt pity for him, it was one thing to get thrown into danger and suddenly be part of the royal family but then to learn that magic was real and he shared a part in it was another thing. Healing was also a very important ability, it could save lives and restore damage.

‘’Baekhyun will help you with that and answer all the questions you have.’’ 


Jonghyun acknowledged Jinki’s claim with a hum, ‘’Thank you for always looking out for me…’’ He said genuinely, ‘’I feel like a burden, you already have your duties as Crown Prince and now you're babysitting me.’’ 

Shaking his head, Jinki sat up automatically forcing Jonghyun to sit up as well and look at him worriedly. ‘’I’m not babysitting you.’’ The Brunette chuckled, ‘’That is what real love is.’’ He explained and stood up then reached out his hand to Jonghyun.

‘’Real love?’’ Jonghyun asked with a child-like innocence as he took Jinki’s hand and was pulled to his feet. ‘’Yes, real love,’’ Jinki confirmed, wrapping an arm around the small of his back and leading him along the hill.

‘’Love isn’t all about saying I love you and having ual desire for each other. I care a lot for your well-being, your pain is my pain and your problems are my problems.’’ 


Jonghyun looked at him, ‘’It looks like you’re talking from experience.’’ He said with a cheesy grin. ‘’Not at all, you’re my first true love, all these things can be read in our royal library, you should visit it one day.’’

His eyes widened, ‘’You have a royal library?’’ 

Jinki laughed, Jjong's naivety was adorable and heart-warming. ‘’Sure we do! It has been around before I was even born.’’ Both of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter