Welcome Back

Connected Through Harmony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 


 

Exploding pain in his forehead had Jinki let go instantly and fall backward. He cradled the sore skin and looked at Jonghyun with a baffled expression.


Had he just...head-butted him?


The blond seemed to be unbothered by the red spot where their skulls collided and stood up with a glare. ‘’I belong to my master...no one else!’’ he snarled, tone of voice harsh as he approached while cracking his knuckles.


Jinki shook his head, these talks were getting to him. He shouldn’t let Seung-Hyun win by giving up now. His heart broke with each word that spilled outta that blessed mouth, he had to return Jonghyun to his former self so he could use that beautiful voice for greater things.


A fist all to soon flew in his direction, he threw up his arms to block them and fought back of course by grabbing one of Jonghyun’s wrists and pulling him forward so he would collapse on the dirt in the progress.


They both wrestled, trying to get the upper hand, Jonghyun with the intent to kill whereas Jinki was trying to either knock Jonghyun out or get him back.


Punches, slaps, and kicks were delivered as the sun had sunk half below the horizon and an evening frost was making the wind much colder but that didn't bother the men as they kept fighting.


Jinki who had the fighting experience with more than 10 years of training delivered a kick against Jonghyun’s abdomen rendering the man numb as he cradled his middle with a groan.


‘’It’s over Jonghyun,’’ Jinki growled, deciding to just bind his hands together before he hurt either the Crown Prince or himself. A small glow from the blond’s chest had Jinki cease movement, it was soft and moonlit white completely different from the one that awakened when Jonghyun sang.


But Jonghyun wasn’t singing instead he slowly climbed to his feet as the light transferred to the palm of one hand. Almond-shaped eyes widened in awe as the soft glow formed a ball, the noises of birds echoed across the forest but were actually coming from the ball of energy. 


‘’I-i don’t understand…’’ Jinki stammered, what was Jonghyun trying to do with the energy in his hand? If only the Chestnut haired man was more knowledgeable about the way of healing, he wouldn’t have trouble now to understand if these actions were meant to heal or to defend.


The extreme concentration on Jonghyun’s face didn’t tell him the knowledge he needed. There was a frown on his face as Mocha eye concentrated on the ball in his hand.


Wait…


Clear Mocha Eyes...

 

‘’Jonghyun?’’ Jinki asked bewildered as he took a step forward, had Jonghyun won from the manipulation over him? His wonderment came to an abrupt halt as the forest enveloped in bright white light.


 



Healing is a form of magic that allows users to channel their energy and use it to accelerate one’s own or others’ regenerative process. The full potential of healing magic is unknown but a user can project an aura of healing and mending energies, focusing the energies they emit from themselves and those affected have their physical wounds healed.


They can even cause at a greater extent cure infectious diseases and poisons, can heal one's mental state and/or even heal one's soul.
Furthermore, they can calm the mind by using sleeping spells, this ability could be used on themselves but also those in need for it.



The General didn’t expect the scene in front of him as he hurried back to the battleground after that sudden light had enveloped the place.


Jonghyun had his head resting on Jinki’s shoulder, eyes closed and face slack of emotion. Jinki’s arms had encircled his slumped body, cradling the man close as he had his own face pressed against dirty blond hair.


‘’Your Highness?’’ Minho ran over in a panic, crouching down next to the pair to check their heartbeats. Jinki stirred a little and sluggishly removed his face from Jonghyun’s strands. ‘’Minho?’’ He croaked, Chocolate eyes barely visible between slits.


‘’Yes, it’s me...what happened?’’ Minho pressed fingers against the blond’s neck and breathed a sigh of relief when he felt a heartbeat.


The Crown Prince blinked a few times then glanced around in confusion then down at the man in his arms. ‘’I-i’m not sure, he suddenly began to glow…’’ Jinki trailed off then snapped his head up in shock.


‘’Minho! I think he managed to break out of Seung-Hyun’s control for a short time!’’ They weren’t aware of how strong mind-control could be but if Black Magic had been forbidden because of it, it wouldn’t have been easy.


‘’But that doesn’t explain his current condition,’’ Minho stated as it was odd that Jonghyun had his eyes closed and didn’t seem to be attacking anymore. Jinki nibbled on his lower lip and thought about how to explain what he had witnessed.


 

 ~Flashback~
 

Jinki shielded himself from the blinding moonlit light that engulfed his vision and the area around him.

‘’Jonghyun!’’ He had cried in fear and lifted his oddly heavy legs in the direction of the healer. The magic didn’t hurt him as he thought it would, instead it was warm and comfortable.


It made his muscles relax, his mind calm as if he wasn’t on the battlefield anymore but in a field where only peace mattered.

When the light vanished only a passive and tired feeling had him stumble forward and catch the small body in time before he allowed himself to drop to the ground.


He noticed then that Jonghyun was asleep, Jinki found it very appealing to close his own eyes and join his lover in the dream-world.

 

~ Flashback ends ~



‘’SLEEPING SPELL!’’ Jinki blubbered out causing Minho nearly a heart-attack. He shot the General an apology,  Jonghyun’s hair and elaborating his thoughts aloud.


‘’I think he used a sleeping spell to make it easier for us to capture him. That bright light didn’t hurt and we both kinda fell asleep after it vanished.’’
Minho nodded as that explained why nothing was out of place and Jinki didn’t seem to be injured. ‘’But why are you the only one awake?.’’


Jinki sighed and shook his head, ‘’Maybe he directed the spell at himself and those in the close region were faintly affected? I barely know anything about healing Minho.’’ He stated then urged Minho to help him up by carrying Jonghyun for a bit.


He followed Minho to the horses waiting for them and mounted one, he carefully accepted Jonghyun from Minho and placed him in front, wrapping a muscular arm around a petite waist and making sure Jonghyun was resting completely against him.


The battle was finally over and the enemy was defeated but so many things were still unclear. Was Jonghyun out of Seung-Hyun’s mind control or not?



 

 

Their arrival at the castle happened between pure chaos as the King ordered the captured Bandits to the throne room alongside Lord Seung-Hyun.
Lady Luna was in distress when she saw her brother and had to be detained by the guards from going to him. 


The Council wasn't happy either and were yelling over each other about the sudden turn of events. 


''SILENCE!'' The King bellowed furiously, standing up from his throne as his voice bounced off the walls. Glaring everyone into silence, he approached the four steps in front of the throne and observed the prisoners. They were forced to their knees in a row from left to the right with Seung- Hyun kneeling in front of them all, hands bound behind their backs and foreheads touching the ground. 


''What is the meaning of this?'' He demanded an explanation from his son and the General. He wasn't completely unaware of what is happening as Jinki's Advisor had approached him with urgent news about Lord Seung-Hyun and his forbidden deeds, then asked permission for Reinforcements. 


He just never expected so many bandits, wounded guards and an unconscious boy in Jinki's arms. 


''Father...'' Jinki began, handing Jonghyun carefully over to Minho before approaching the throne and crouching down on one knee in respect. ''In my search for the Musician, we came across Seung-Hyun in the middle of abducting this man.'' Jinki motioned in the direction where Minho stood with Jonghyun.
 

''Of course, we couldn't let that happened and followed them into the Shadow Forest where he tried to attack us with Black Magic.'' Jinki paused as the Council members gasped and conversed amongst each other in disbelief. 


The King stared down at the Crown Prince, Jinki would never lie to him but the mention of ancient magic made the situation difficult. They needed proof if they wanted to sentence Seung-Hyun with the right amount of punishments. 


''How do we know you aren't lying your Highness?'' And old Council member asked, their lips pursed. Jinki sighed and stood up, piercing eyes directed on the Council because they were a complex crowd to convince. 


''He has been manipulated, he is no longer the man I recognize from that night of the Banquet.''


A loud gasp went through the Council as they all looked at each other in surprise, did that mean the Crown Prince found the love of his life? 
The King was bewildered as well and took the last two steps down to touch Jinki's shoulder. 


''Is he the Musician you spoke off?'' As Jinki confirmed it with a nod, one of the Council members stepped forward. ''Maybe his reaction was natural, how do we know it isn't?''


''Because I have met Jonghyun before the Banquet and I assure you, manipulation does ugly things to the mind,'' Taemin explained as he limped forward, supported by Kai and Donghae on either side. 


''My youngest son.'' The King greeted as Taemin carefully bowed. ''You uncover your knowledge about his existence now because?'' Taemin sighed and shook his head, ''I request an audience with the King behind closed doors, it's a long story.'' He requested, watching his father hopefully.

 

A few Council members began to protest but the King held up a hand, ''Very well, your request is accepted. In the meantime bring the prisoners to the dungeons where they will wait for their verdicts.'' He commanded sharply then glanced at the man in the General's arms.


The Royal guards brought the prisoners away in the background while the King approached Minho and observed the man. He had sharp features and his appearance seems strong, that, however, didn't cover up his small posture. 


He might have an inkling why the Crown Prince has his eyes on the man, Jinki's mother would call him adorable if she was present. 


''Bring him to the sickbay so they can study him for any injury when they are done bring him to the dungeons.'' The King advises Minho who obeyed without question. Whereas Jinki wasn't alright with the order and halted Minho with a palm up. 


''Why the dungeons father? He is not one of them.''


It wasn't a surprise that the Crown Prince was objecting, this man was really the one who held Jinki's heart. ''My son, if you claim he is under the influence of Black Magic then we need to lock him up for his own safety but also that of our people.'' He stated and placed his hand on Jinki's shoulder with a kind smile. 


No one would know what Jonghyun would do and if he woke up and was still manipulated, he could attempt murder on the Crown Prince in the middle of the night. 


Jinki avoided eye-contact with the King and instead glanced at Jonghyun, he slowly reached out a hand and caressed Jonghyun's soft cheek. It was difficult for Jinki to take this decision but there was a sense in his father's words.  


He closed his eyes and pressed a kiss on a sweaty forehead then nuzzled their noses together. It hurt not to have a response back so he created distance and nodded to Minho to obey the King's orders, The General slightly smiled at Jinki then left the throne room.


''I hereby announce a Council meeting for tomorrow considering this event.'' The King pronounced sternly and dismissed the Council members then send the Princes to the sickbay for a check-up. 


These upcoming days were going to be burdensome to the king. He had to make complicated decisions by sentencing each prisoner individually, there was also the fact he had to get in contact with the Southern Villagers, after all, Seung-Hyun's father who retired must be informed. 


The King needed to know every detail about Seung-Hyun's deeds by speaking to the victims and bystanders. After all, there was an old couple in the sickbay who had witnessed an attempt on murder.


Nevertheless, the first thing on his list was to hear what his youngest son had to say. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter