chapter fifteen

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter fifteen
i see your lies
Minhyuk winced as he adjusted his sitting position on the couch, it had been hours since Junmyun left leading the task members to sit in the breifing room. leaving the civilians on their own in the rest of the base. Jiyoo was talking with her siblings on the phone after Minhyuk convinced Sohee and Minseok to help her out and watch over the two. Yun was on her phone scrolling through social media. Hyunjoon busy studying away off in a corner while soeun watched lectures on her phone while sitting on the floor. Minhyuk sighed, looking at the door when it finally opened they all brought their attention to the opened room. Haesoo being brought out by Jungkook, the other still handcuffed. Minhyuk looked at everyone else confused as the civilians glared at him. 
 
"Sorry, he kept interrupting." Jungkook said, cuffing the other to a pipe on the wall setting him in a chair below it. 
 
"Finally I get to see you in person." Haesoo said after Jungkook closed the door again. 
"Shut it. Or I'll tape your mouth shut." Yun warned, motioning she meant business.
"Your girlfriend is so sweet. She knows everythign about you." Haesoo stated sarcastically. Earning another glare from the group. "Too bad they don't know anything about your family. Unlike me."
"What do you know?" Minhyuk asked, getting tired, and just wanting this day to end.
"Well dads dead, and mom wants to pay us off to never talk about her again." Haesoo said, Minhyuk raised an eyebrow then winced.
"How do you know this?" Hyunjoon asked standing and returning to the couch. 
"They tried to locate you, but found me instead. She didn't expect to be able to pay her son to keep his silence and thus paid him to take out anyone else that knows."
"You killed someone?!" Soeun exclaimed sitting beside Yun in fear.
"Wasn't too hard princess." He smirked, raising goosebumps on Jiyoo's arms.
"You're sick." Yun spat, leaning forward.
"Who are they?" Minhyuk asked, the others looking at him confused, Haesoo smiled.
 
"Are you sure about this?" Yun asked Hoseok as they walked down the street together.
"To an extent. I've always trusted Namjoon's gut, that's how I got on the team in the first place." Hoseok said, his eyes darting around. "Unmarked government car up ahead." He muttered, checking his watch casually.
"If you get her hurt, I swear-" Yoongi said into the communication piece in his ear.
"Yoongi hyung definitely likes you." Hoseok said smiling at the string of curses in his ear. Yun tilting her head at him.
 
"Spotted." Jungkook said watching the car on the rooftop. Soeun sitting behind him listening to music and reading something on her phone. Her gasp scaring jUNGKOOK HE TURNED TO HER FROM HIS POSITION WITH HIS RIFLE. 
"sORRY. Assemblyman Park is with Assemblyman Son." She showed him the photos taken a mere meters from where the car was parked.
"Guys. watch for two secruity teams. V, watch out." Jungkook said, as Taehyung and Hyunjoon sat down in the very restruant the two assemblymen were eatign at. "Keep Hyunjoon focused on you. You'll have more than the paparazzi to worry about tonight." 
"Good to know." Taehyung said Hyunjoon raised an eyebrow.
"Why didn't you bring Jiyoo noona, it's be more of date atomosphere and more believable than us." Hyunjoon said, checking his phone responding to his friends.
"1. I wanted to on a date with you and 2. jin hyung is the jealous type. With the crush he's had on her for awhile I doubt he would've enjoyed watching and hearing it." Taehyung explianed nodding to the secruity camera to their right. 
 
Seokjin sneered and motioned a punch towards the model, as Jiyoo sat beside him asleep. He glanced over to her smiled to himself before looking back at the screens. 
 
"This is a bad idea." Jimin whispered to Namjoon as the two scouted the outside of the building. 
"And yet here you are." Namjoon responded the two entering through a back entrance. 
"Only cause J-Hope trusts you so much." Jimin said, as the two pulled their masks up. Entering the kitchen they both looked around as the kitchen staff looked at each other confused. A server coming back to grab a tables order, he looked the two up and down.
"You two can't be back here."
"Actually we can." Namjoon said, pulling out his badge, pulling his mask so he can see his whole face.
"Uh, okay. Um anything I can help with?"
"Assemblyman Park and SOn are here, correct?" Jimin asked his mic on his wrist.

"Yes, cheering with wine appearantly." Taehyung said over his glass of water.
 
"The Assemblymen, did they bring any gaurds?" Namjoon asked the waiter shook his head.
"It was only the two of them."
"Thank you, stay back here incase it goes south." Namjoon said to the server, him and Jimin walking out of the kitchen, Hyunjoon tilted his head confused at the two, as they walked straight to the table by the window.
"Wait." taehyung said the two pausing, looking around. 
"The couples on both of them have firearms." Hoseok said, putting on a mask and running to the building, looking back at Yun motioning her to stay where she is. She scoffed, crossing her arms.
"Assemblyman Park Jinyoung, we need you to come with us." Namjoon said, stepping forward, Jimin's hand on his gun under his blazer. 
"And who are you?" The older man asked as he cut into his steak not even looking up, Assemblyman SOn did a double take before bowing his head in greeting.
 
"RM, police just arrived to his house, Yoongi is on the line." Seokjin said, patching the other in.
"His wife is dead." Yoongi said with a sigh. "Her thoart was silt, blood trail led to his desk, papers showing transactions between him, Im Joohyun and a overseas account. Junmyun was right."
"You're under arrest for embezzlement, aiding a terrorist organization, and murder of your wife and attempted murder on Assemblyman SOn." Namjoon said, the people at the tables on both sides stood pointing their guns at Namjoon whom sighed.
"I have a shot, laser on, now." Jungkook said, Namjoon nodded. As the red dot appeared on Assemlbyman Park's head.
"You see the terrorist task team has one of the best snippers in the country, he's never missed a shot." Namjoon said as Jimin and Taehyung both flanked either side with their own guns. "Any of you move and Mr. Park here will not survive trial."
 
Said man began laughing Assemblyman Son had left his chair in distrust soon calling the authorities. Park continued cutting his steak and eating as the stand off continued.
"J-Hope evacuate." Namjoon said as Hoseok stepped inside, he began guiding patrons out of the building, Yun motioning for them to come close to her.
"You think I did all those things? Where's your evidence? Assuming the task force follows the law still." The older man said sipping his wine.
"How's your wife's illeginmite child?" Jimin said, his gun still aimed at the two on their right.
"I don't know what you are talking about." The assemblyman's lip twitched, as another red dot appeared on the assemblyman's head.
"You know who else came forward, Former hitmen EXO with documents of you ordering previous hits on your wife, Assemblyman Son and Assemblyman Lee Jaesuk." Namjoon said, the older man looking out the window at where the second red dot was coming from.
"All he said she said, dismissable by court. Now if you would excuse me I would like to finish my steak in peace." the man said, Taehyung rolled his eyes. 
 
"I don't care what you have to do, I want them gone."the man's voice rang out, RM smirking as as the man's hand twitched."Both the task team Assemblyman Son need to be taken out."  
"That seems like sold evidence." Taehyung said, smirking as he continued watching the other two on the left.
"No proof it was me." He laughed it off, Namjoon looked up to where Jungkook was, nodding.
"The copies of signed papers and wire transfers says otherwise." Namjoon said, pulling out his handcuffs, "Come willingly and maybe you'll get a chance of parole." The Assemblyman looked at Namjoon in disbelief. 
"I've seen all of your faces, I can take the whole system down." Park theartened leaning back in his chair looking to where Jungkook was.
"Too bad we all just retired from the task force." Namjoon said, pulling out his phone. "And the news of park haewon and Lee Jaesuk's twins just leaked."
"Right on time." Jimin said, smiling as Seoul PD pulled up infront of the resturant. 
"You'll never take me in." Park growled, the three noticing the tense demeanor of the four gaurds flanking him.
"JK, as promised." Namjoon said, the three taking their earpieces out and crushing them. Soeun looking between the resturant and and Jungkook whom swallowed.
"He better be right about this." Jungkook muttered, his jaw clenching as directed his scope to the main door, pulling the trigger, causing the detectives to stop in their tracks and look around, as the three took a few steps back, Park pulling something out of his pocket. 
"They'll all think it was the stupid task force that killed their future president." Park growled smiling at the three that continued to back away. 
"Think again." Taehyung said, nodding to the glass wall where people could be seen recording the whole interaction. 
Park groaned pushing the button on the small device he held, when nothing occured he pressed it again and again.
 
 
A few hours before.
"WHat are you doing?" Minhyuk asked, peaking his head into the small room in the back of HQ where spare parts sat in bins, on the wall and the table. 
"A dud." Yoongi said, as typed on the laptop before him as Namjoon and Jimin wore goggles and gloves burning pieces together.
"How are we gonna get this to him?" Jimin asked. Namjoon pausing and looking over his shoulder at Minhyuk.
"I'll guide him through it. We'll send a notice for a drop an hour before, drop and leave." Namjoon explained as Minhyuk winced taking a seat at the table. 
"I've never been so thankful for EXO." Yoongi said, with a small smile reading over something.
"Like the hitmen? Is that who that was?" Minhyuk asked as Yun walked in carrying a first aid kit. 
"Yeah. They made a deal with government, they give us intel we don't throw them to rot in jail." Jimin said, smiling and nodding, Yun and Minhyuk sharing a look, as Yun pushed the laptop away from Yoongi. 
 
"You didn't really think Haesoo was going to trick us for long, did you?" Taehyung asked, putting his gun away as the gaurds dropped to their knees with their hands on their head.
 
A few days later...
 
Namjoon winced as listened to the ear full he was getting from their supervisor about their resignations. He decided to take the fire of it knowing the others would much rather continuing on like the task team was just a dream they had.
 
"Are you sure its safe for us?" Soeun asked, as Jungkook walked her home after she got off work, Jungkook nodded. "This all feels like a really long dream. Maybe I was in a coma this whole time." Jungkook chuckled at her visible crisis over the last ew months. 
"Trust me, i wish it was just a dream for you guys. We're ue to hiding and being in danger. Normally its other countries, not in our home city." Jungkook stated as they waited to cross the street. 
"Ah! My sister, wanted to get your number."
"Why? " Jungkook asked tilting his head, Soeun swallowed back her bubbling emotions.
"She wants to go on a date with you. I can give you hers-"
"Give me yours, you already know a bit of me no one else does or will. Plus then I can ask you out on dates whenever." He mumbled the last part, as the crosswalk sign turned to walk the two looked at each other, Soeun in shock and Jungkook in pure embrassment, his ears turning a deep shade of red.
 
Hyunjoon glared as Taehyung looked around his room, the student having no idea why the male decided to make an appearance at all after the last time they saw each other was at the police station the night of the arrest. Hyunjoon giving his witness statement and Taehyung turning in evidence.
"You can stop glaring at me." taehyung said, Hyunjoon scoffed rolling his eyes. Looking back at Taehyung the model stood before him looking down at him. Hyunjoon swallowed not imagining what would happen next, at all.
"WHy are you here?" He asked hoping his voice came out annoyed.
"Just wanted to check on you, Hoseok hyung said you weren't responding to his calls." Taehyung said, sitting in the desk chair behind him. 
"Didn't know it was him." Hyunjoon countered, Taehyung smiled down at his hands.
"Fine. I wanted to see for myself fi you were okay without seeing me everyday." Taehyung said, Hyunjoon scoffed again.
"WHy would not seeing you effect me?"
"I was hoping you liked me, again. I know you had a small crush after you and kook broke up." Taehyung reasoned, Hyunjoon looked at him confused.
 
Jiyoo watched as Seokjin interacted with the older ladies that had entered the flower shop, she chewed on her pen. Her brows furrowed as she watched, I wonder what they would think if I told them he has a stash of weapons right below their feet.  She snapped out of it as Seokjin motioned to her the attention turning to her, she bowed her head. Acting as if she was focused on the accounting book before her. 
"Omo she is pretty!" the one with a pink scarf around her neck said hitting seokjin's arm.
"You should go for it!" the one in a black overcoat cooed at him, Jiyoo raised an eyebrow as she looked up. The third lady in a pair of designer sunglasses sauntered over to her spot at the desk, lowering the sunglasses, as she looked at Jiyoo whom swallowed.
"If you aren't married you should give Seokjin-shi a chance. He just said he never got the chance to date and wasn't sure if you would like him enough." She whispered, Jiyoo's eyes widening as she looked over at the older male whom mouthed a 'sorry'. Jiyoo regained her composure before looking to the woman.
"You see, if he would ask me on a date I might just say yes." Jiyoo said a bit loud, Seokjin smiling as the ladies cheered him on. "But, since he's inexperienced." Jiyoo looked to Seokjin tilting her head. "Dinner tonight?" Seokjin scoffed and looked away before nodding his head.
 
Yun stretched as she yawned, leaving her room pausing as she spotted not just Minhyuk but both Namjoon adn Yoongi in the kitchen, whisper yelling at each other.
"I told you I'm fine."
"You need to rest more."
"When yun's up she can assist me."
"But, I wanna do it."
"Just sit." The two older males used their leader voices on Minhyuk whom pouted and walked away from them, Yun smiling as she skipped over and hugged Minhyuk.
"It this wasn't a dream but, how did we get two hot guys in our kitchen, exactly?" Yun asked, Minhyuk shrugged smiling at his best friend kissing her head, before pulling away in shock, the two pointing fingers at each other.
"You admit he's hot!" They both yelled causing the other two to turn towards them, sharing a confused look before pointing at each other. 
"I won't dive deeper if you don;t." Minhyuk said, Yun stuck out her tongue out at him before turning to the other two with a mischivious smile.
"Minhyuk has had a crush on Namjoon since they first-ah!" covered by minhyuk whom swore under his breath.
"Yun has been harboring a crush for you hyung since I started working at La belle." Minhyuk said with a smirk the other two looking at each other before the two best friends. 
 
 
 
 
Two years later
 
Graduates filled the campus, as Yun posed with Minhyuk the two in cap and gown. Holding their degrees with smiles. Minseok laughed as his brother made funny faces with Yun, SOhee smiled shaking her head at the two. Minhyuk's parents stood off to the side talking with Yun's parents, most likely about how the two should get married. 
Yun screamed in Minhyuk's ear as Soeun, Jiyoo and Hyunjoon walked over to them, Yun hugging Jiyoo tightly as Hyunjoon hugged Minhyuk and Soeun gave them flowers. 
"I'm so glad you guys were able to make it." Yun said, smiling as the three congratulated the two.
"We wouldn't miss this. Plus Minhyuk just avoided enlistment." Hyunjoon said, a bit envious.
"Never thought I would say it, but, thank you 'trust'." Minhyuk said with a sigh, the group nodding along patting his bat.
"Alright everyone get together!" Minseok said, motioning the group to stand together, the five posing with smiles before breaking out into laughter. 
"We didn't miss you guys!" A voice called out out of breath the five smiling as Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi jogged over.
"Hurry up!" Yun motioned for them to join the photo.
 
"So the new locations are going good?" Yun asked, Jimin whom nodded. As the resturant door, opened Seokjin and Taehyung walked in, taking two of the empty chairs at the table.
"Ar eyou sure its okay so you to be out in the open like this?" Hyunjoon asked, Taehyung nodded smiling as he greeted everyone else.
"Ohhh, is Hyunjoon worried about his boyfriends image?" Yun teased and Yoongi joined her, Hyunjoon sipped his beer in annoyance.
"Hows the new location, Jin hyung?" Hyunjoon asked, changing topic.
"Ah, it's going good. I almost forgot, we have an announcement." He said looking to Jiyoo whom gave him a look of don't. "We're engaged." Earning a couple choking on air and drinks, a few 'what?' and one congratulations. (thank you hoseok.)
"Since when? You guys weren't last week." Minhyuk said after recovering from shock.
"A few days ago, I wanted to wait a bit longer before telling you guys. But this old man over here isn't gonna get any younger." Jiyoo said, as the door opened again, Jungkook came in camera in hand, taking the seat beside Soeun, leaning towards her.
"What'd I miss?"  Jungkook asked, Soeun filled him in, he looked at the two accross from them in disbelief. "I can't believe noona said yes." Jungkook said, Seokjin reached accross the table, hitting his arm.
"Stop bullying me." Seokjin pouted, Jiyoo shaking her head as she sipped her drink. Minhyuk laughed sipping on his water, Yun looking at her best friend sadly.
"Anyone heard from Namjoon hyung?" Jungkook asked, as he sipped on Soeun's drink. 
"Last i heard he was in New Zealand, still." Hoseok said, poping a fry into his mouth, AS yoongi glanced to Minhyuk, whom stared at the table.
"when's the wedding?" He asked changing the subject, As yun held Minhyuk's hand over the table.
 
"WHy are we avoding the topic of Namjoon exactly?" Hyunjoon asked when Minhyuk went to the bathroom.
"They broke up a few months ago, Namjoon got an offer on an intelligence team for the government again." Yoongi said, sipping his soju, the others nodding slowly.
"They got together not long after the case, right?" Jiyoo asked, Yun nodded. "In comparison we all took a long time to get together." She added, the group nodding and smiling.
"I'm glad that case brought us all together." Soeun said, the group nodding again.
"Even if," Yun started, smiling at Yoongi as she scanned the table, Minhyuk sitting back with them. " it was all top secret."