chapter fourteen

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter fourteen
i see your lies
Minhyuk groaned as he opened his eyes, slightly sitting up, remembering his hands were bound at the wrists. He winced moving his arms to look at his wrists, moving his eyes to look around he noticed Yoongi was no longer beside him. Panic was soon setting in, as he heard footsteps outside the door. 
 
Namjoon crossed his arms over his chest as Jimin watched Yun cook in her shared apartment.
"I can see why Yoongi hyung likes you. You're really good at cooking." Jimin said, smiling at Yun whom paused briefly at the first statement.
"Thank you." She responded, looking at Namjoon as he moved closer to the two in the kitchen leaning against the counter on Yun's left as Jimin stood on her right watching her. Namjoon watching Minhyuk's door, as he put his hands in his pockets.
"I need evidence, it's not him." Namjoon whispered, Yun scoffed. Reaching behind him she held up the cooked shrimp.
"Minhyuk's deathly allergic to shrimp." She whispered in response, Namjoon raised an eyebrow.
"What are you gonna do if your wrong?" Namjoon whispered yelled at Yun worried, she could potentially kill Minhyuk.
"I'm not wrong. So nothing." She said as Minhyuk's door opened the other joining them in the kitchen wincing slightly as Yun sat the pan she was using into the sink loudly. "Dinner is served. I won't charge you guys this time." She joked pointing at Jimin and Namjoon as they took a seat at the table. Yun set the shrimp in the center, eyeing Namjoon then 'minhyuk, whom thanked her for the meal before digging in. Jimin acted as natural as possible giving Yun some shrimp and some to Namjoon. 'Minhyuk' reach forward toward the shrimp, and grabbing some of the kimchi beside the plate.
"I made extra shrimp, since it's your favorite." Yun stated, smiling at 'minhyuk', whom smiled back before grabbing a piece and putting it in his mouth. Namjoon and Jimin quickly putting their utensils down, Namjoon removing his consealed gun and aiming at 'minhyuk's side. 
"What the hell?" 'Minhyuk' asked in disbelief as Jimin put his phone to his ear.
"I think we found the twin we were looking for." Jimin said to Seokjin, whom was in HQ with Jiyoo monitoring the shop beside him.
"Really? I just got the files back about minhyuk's adoption. Appearently he has a twin brother whom was adopted by a 'Kim Haeyoung'. She doesn't even exist." Seokjin filled them in, Jiyoo sipping on her tea watching her boss work very easily. 
"Hyung, 'Kim Haeyoung', ring any bells?" Jimin asked turning his attention to Namjoon whom was now glaring at the imposter whom seemed to catch on. Namjoon scoffed in disbelief as Yun continued eating.
"Im joohyun's alias is Kim Haeyoung, which means she adopted you when she was on the task force." Namjoon said, Jimin relaying the new detail to Seokjin whom began going through more paperwork and files on the computer.
"Geuss who visited IM JOOHYUn in prision?" Seokjin asked, "Kim Minhyuk, he's known about Minhyuk for awhile." Jimin sighed hearing Seokjin. "Uh, I just found their parents." Seokjin stammered, Jiyoo moving closer to look at the computer as Jimin put him on speaker. 
"Who are they?" Jimin asked, Namjoon keeping his eyes trained on the kid beside him.
"No ones gonna like this." Seokjin said sighing, Jiyoo looking at the older in confusion as he ran a hand through his hair.
 
Hyunjoon flinched as another student slammed their things on the desk behind him, now flinching at any sound scared what could follow it. Especially now when Taehyung couldn't accompany him, but thats a con of being a majorly noticable model and public figure. Hyunjoon pulled his phone out while waiting on his professor, Minsoo ranting about the club he went to the night before, that was dead and no cute girls. Hyunjoon scoffed and locked his phone, pocketing it as the professor entered. 
 
Jiyoo leaned over in the chair she sat in observing Seokjin typing away at the keyboard while pulling up multiple logs, records and calling someone off his phone while he remained focused on the screen, If it wasn't for this weird and terrible situation, i would definitely comment on how attractive he is. Jiyoo thought, before returning back to her book in her hands, 
 
Yun stood grabbing dishes as Jimin and Namjoon cuffed 'minhyuk' and set him in the living room. Jimin sighing as he showed Namjoon the caller ID before stepping off into the kitchen, putting said phone to his ear. 
"Suga hyung, whats up?" He asked, leaning against the counter as Yun began doing the dishes. "Hold on." He said, removing the phone from his ear and placing it on speaker.
"That son of a is dead, I swear-" YOoongi began soon sounding muffled.
"Besides that phsycopath having a death wish. " Hoseok interferred, taking the phone. "This is part of Joohyun's doing, right? Doesn't that mean we should call in for more assitance?"
"Not yet. Shes convicted as it is. But, we can't be sure its just her behind this." Namjoon said, as Jimin nodded. "Working with Joohyun, she's never one to work on her own. Especially trying to take our system down, she needs someone with more power."
"Uh, like Assemblyman Park Jinyoung?" Yun asked, from her place in the kitchen eyes wide as they stared at her phone. "He just won the first primary."
"He was running against Assemblyman Jung Hyosung, wasn't he? The one that went missing?" Yoongi chimed in, Namjoon sighing looking at 'minhyuk' whom just scoffed with a smirk. 
"Whats the look for?" Namjoon asked, as Jimin told the other two to loop the rest of the team and to meet back at HQ for another briefing and set up more recon. 
"You guys are way dumber then mother said you were." He said, in that instance Yun realised how messed up this version of Minhyuk is. The way he smirked at Namjoon, calmly sitting in handcuffs on her couch when months before the two spent the night cuddled up and knocked out. 
She let her head fall as she took a deep breath, Namjoon crossing his arms over his chest as Jimin returned to his side. 
"Lets head out. I'll sit in the back with him." Jimin said. Namjoon nodding.
 
Soeun tilted her head as Jungkook knocked on the kitchen window at La Belle, she glanced around and noticed the confused looks from the fellow kitchen staff including the new sous chef and Yeonjun. Soeun apologised politely to the staff before shooting a glare at Jungkook whom merely smiled at her as she walked to him.
"I thought you said quietly watching." Soeun whined, Jungkook his lip nervously and swallowed the smile he had, retyurning to his professional appearance. 
"The Minhyuk we brought back wasn't actually Minhyuk. He has an identical twin brother that he was seperated when Minhyuk was adopted. There's a lot more I can't say outside of our space. " Jungkook whispered, Soeun blinking rapidily and sighing. She looked through the kitchen window, as her right hand fidgetted with her black uniform.
"Do we have to leave?" She asked, watching Yeonjun nod as one of the chefs gave him some orders.
"Unfortunately, yes." Jungkook said, Soeun slowly nodded, heading back inside to grab her stuff and beg Soyeon to let her keep your job.
 
Taehyung smiled as Hyungjoon walked into the Headquarters, he greeted Jiyoo and Seokjin at the computers before greeting Jimin and Yun whom sat on the couches in the free space, drinking some tea. He looked eyes with the older whom gave him a wave, he bowed his head slightly before taking a seat beside Yun whom filled him in a bit. Jungkook and Soeun walked in the two greeting everyone, Jungkook going to put his stuff down in his room as Seokjin summoned the group to the briefing room.
"Wait, where's Hoseok hyung and Namjoon hyung?" Jungkook asked, joining them, Seokjin glaring at him, then shaking his head figuring they've all given up on hiding their real identities at this point.
"They-re with 'minhyuk'." Seokjin putting air qoutes around Minhyuk. "We have a bit more in the case." He stated as he closed the door to the room, turning the lights down. 
 
Namjoon scoffed as 'minhyuk' drank the tea before him, the sound of the alarm that someone was at the main door sounded. Namjoon pointed Jimin to watch over him, as Namjoon exited the interrogation room, heading to the computers gritting his teeth seeing whom stood at the door. Heading to the stairway, as Seokjin poked his head out of the breifing room to check the system. 
"Yoona sunbae." Namjoon sneered the former task team member stood before him with two men behind her.
"Is that anyway to greet a senior whom just saved someones life." She said, rolling her eyes, as he closed the door behind him.
"Who is that poor soul?" He said, Yoona moved to the side as two more men walked in, helping another in the doorway. "Minhyuk?" Namjoon, dropped his facade as Minhyuk limped into his veiw, lifting his head and wincing as he tried to smile. 
"Heard Joohyun's pshyco kid is behind this." Yoona said, Namjoon helped Minhyuk to one of the chairs in Seokjin's back room. 
"How long have you known about him?"
"Only a few months longer than you probably, she wanted me to lend some of my guys to him, to 'protect him'. What bull." Yoona said, patting Minhyuk's head. "I like this one better, he's nice and not too bad to look at." She said, smiling at Minhyuk, Namjoon grabbing her wrist and tossing it away, forcing her to back away from minhyuk.
"What do you want?"
"To end whatever mission you guys are on, I'm running out of places to conduct my business with you guys spying on everyone." She said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"What do you know about 'Trust?" Namjoon asked, grabbing a first kit out of one of the lockers and sitting on the desk before minhyuk.
"Way too much. You already have Joohyun locked away and Assemblyman Lee Jaesuk is dead. Which leaves only one major player." Yoona says, tapping her index finger on her right hand against her chin. "I thought it was obvious."
"It is, but, we need to be able to link him for sure." Namjoon said, placing a plaster on Minhyuk's cheek. 
"I can get that for you." Yoona said, Namjoon pausing cleaning another cut on minhyuk's face, to look at her.
"Get us that information and we'll back off for the next year."
"Seoul PD, too."
"You know we have no control over those stubborn detectives. They got themselves involved with hitmen." Namjoon said, continuing fixing Minhyuk up.
 
Seokjin finished catching the others up on the new revaltion on who could possibly be at the top of 'TRUST'. Jiyoo pulling him outside.
"Are you sure it's safe for all of us to be here?" Jiyoo asked, Seokjin began nodding. "They had pictures of us, they were watching us."
Seokjin paused, and looked around, noticing everyone was actually there.
"Namjoon, said it was okay." Seokjin said, swallowing a lump in his throat. A beeping sound coming form the computers. Seokjin sitting in his chair, looking for the right screen. "Guys, suit up. We have movement." 
The healed members going to a far wall and opening their lockers. Jungkook put his hair in a ponytail as Taehyung and Hoseok threw on their black vests marked with their alias' and blood type. Seokjin, pulled the gun placed on the underside of the table out, checking its magazine before standing by another entrance. Yun, Hyunjoon, Soeun and Jiyoo looking at each other confused. Yoongi stood infront of the four as best as he could. 
 
"Seokjin nodded to the others, as he opened the door, the five aiming their guns at the one at their door. the male at the door put their hands up in surrender and swallowing the lump in throat.
"I'm kim junmyun, alias suho formly of exo." the male said, the five all raised an eyebrow, switching off their safety's.  "Formerly being the keyword. someone informed me that you might need some dirt on a certain man in power. thats our former clientele." seokjin nodded to the others, they lowered their guns.
 
Namjoon stepped into the hidden hallway, helping minhyuk through the door. 
"I'm sorry." Namjoon apologised, minhyuk gripping his shoulder.
"You have nothing to apologize for. what you need to do is catch those guys that did this to me."
"Already did, Yoona is turning them in to SEOUL PD." Namjoon said, minhyuk nodded as they made their way to the bottom of the stairs. Minhyuk gripping tightly over Namjoon's shoulder. Namjoon put an arm behind his legs, lifting him easily and carrying him through the headquarters past the computers looking at the guys by the side entrance.
"Minhyuk!" Yun called running over to him, looking at his face as Soeun, Hyunjoon, Jiyoo and Yoongi walked over to them.
"Let me set him down then you guys can hover." Namjoon said, Yoongi gentely moved Yun away from Minhyuk.
 
Seokjin lead junmyun inside, Taehyung closing and locking teh door behind him. Junmyun eyed the group surrounding Minhyuk, as he looked at him his eyes widening. Junmyun breaking eye contact as he followed Seokjin to the briefing room.
 
"Who's that guy/" Soeun asked Jungkook as he stood beside the group watching as Taehyung closed the door to the briefing room after Namjoon stepped inside.
"Former hitman. He's friends with Seoul PD or soemthing." Jungkook said taking a seat as Hoseok brought a first aid kit as Hyunjoon began looking at Minhyuk's wounds.
"Knew you would hold out, kid." Yoongi said slowly sitting on the couch, wincing as he did.
"Only cause you told me it was the only way to see him."
"See who?" The other four civilians asked, curious who he would want to see.
"Don't worry about it." Minhyuk said, as Yun pouted running a hand through his hair.
"Are you sure you two aren't dating?" Jungkook asked leaning forward.
"We're/They're not dating." Yoongi said at the same time as the other two, Yun smiling a bit as hYUNGJOON SHOOK HIS HEAD.