chapter thirteen

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter thirteen
i see your lies
Seokjin was on the phone as he scanned CCTV's, talking with one of the Seoul PD Captains. As Jimin stood behind Namjoon as the four signed the NDA's before them. Hoseok along with jungkook were looking through footage alongside Seokjin.
 
“Jimin go ahead and copy and file these. Send copies to the Attorney and Attorney General. Actually just tell Jin hyung. “ Namjoon said, Jimin nodding and leaving the room.
The team lead closed the door and lowered the lights.
“Alright, here is an information dump so, write your questions down and wait till I’m finished.” Namjoon stated, when all five of them nodded. He the large screen on the opposite side of him, the five turning their attention to it.
 
“Simply put the South Korean Government being wary about the surrounding countries and their allies, created a task team in the 90’s this team was in charge of high security, special ops missions, and politicial agreements. They were the best out of their fields and the top dogs in the military. After 10 plus years, it becomes a lot to secure the top in their field to have them retire in another 10 years. So they began a young recruitment process, one where these kids would become the future team when the old team decided to retire. We were all recruited in our first year of high school, and trained and given specialized areas.
Some of us have trained in different teams and branches before coming here. No we aren’t trained to kill, some of us were trained in both intelligence and combat. Anyways. We are now a terriorist task team, and our most recent case is ‘TRUST’ aka the attacks on the political figures. Which a few of you have already bared witness to it. The café, the building by your homes, and even a parent.” Namjoon ended, the four just blinking.
“O-“
“Namjoon, Detective Jeon is on the phone.” Seokjin popped in, Namjoon nodded glancing at yun whom connected the dots.
“Finish the brief.” Namjoon said, winking at Seokjin whom nodded.
“Where was he?” Seokjin asked mostly to himself. Flipping through the file before him. “Ah. We have narrowed down the possible leaders and heads of TRUST. But, we have hit a bit of a snag. “ He said, giving Jiyoo a small smile before continuing.
 
Minhyuk groaned as someone knocked on his front door again, while he was in the midst of studying for an exam. Opening the door he groaned, Yoongi giving him a sad look.
"What do you want?" Minhyuk flared, running a hand through his hair. 
"Thought you could use a study break." Yoongi said, Minhyuk was about to ask him how he knew but, decided against it. 
"Is that right? Am I suppose to believe you actually read Yun's texts?" Minhyuk asked, raising an eyebrow at his former coworker.
"It's bigger than that. Come on i'll buy lunch." Yoongi said, motioning Minhyuk to come with him. 
 
Hyunjoon blinked as Taehyung came into the room quietly as the others were looking back through the files given to them.Taehyung smiled and waved at him, as he talked to Hoseok, as Seokjin had returned to his computer as Namjoon continued talking with the Detective. 
 
"Is this real?" Soeun asked Hyunjoon whom, tore his eyes away from Taehyung, to the girl beside him.
"I assume so." Hyunjoon said, looking back at Taehyung as he, crossed his arms over his chest.
"Uh guys." Seokjin said, catching the team's attention, Jungkook walking back inside right on time food in hand. The five joining teh other two at the computers. "Suga's tracker just turned off. " He stated, Namjoon finishing the call with SEOUL PD.
"Where was he?" Jimin asked, looking over the CCTV's on the large monitors on the wall, scanning for their teammate. 
"Outside of Minhyuk's apartment building. All CCTV's were cut in the area." Seokjin said, the five tensing looking at Namjoon whom groaned, grabbing the bin with their phones, pulling out Yun's he handed it to her.
"Call minhyuk, now." Namjoon said, Yun eyeing him, clicking on his contact and putting it to her ear. "Just ask if he's eaten yet."
"Hey, you're up." Yun commented, as the other side picked up. 
"Yeah, I was just studying." A voice that sounded like Minhyuk at first answered, Yun tilted her head, putting the phone on speaker.
"Have you eaten yet?" She asked, Muting it after speaking.
"He doesn't eat while he studies, especially due to recent events." Yun informed Namjoon whom slowly nodded.
"I was going to get food with Suga sunbae." He said, Namjoon's eyes widened.
"That's not minhyuk, he doesn't know our identities. Play along." Namjoon said, to Yun before going back to the computer, as Seokjin was trying to locate the phone call.
"Oh really? And you didn't even ask me to go with you." Yun sassed, watching the back of the seven at the computers.
"Yun, don't believe him." Yoongi's voice called out, gaining the team's attention. The sound of a punch landing, shocked them, all the four in the room flinching at the sound. 
"We'll let Minhyuk go, as long as BTS come with no weapons and no backup to the location Jin has probably already found." The phone call cutting out.
"Who was that?" Hoseok asked, looking at the others, Namjoon shrugging.
"No idea. JK rooftop, min and V take side streets, Jin stay here and monitor. J-hope and I will go in weapon free. " Namjoon said, the team nodding. 
The four civilians watching in curiousity as the team mapped out their plan.
 
Yun sat beside Soeun as the four kind of lounged around the living area of the head quarters.
"Wait, how were you so calm when we were told all of this?" Jiyoo asked Hyunjoon whom was reading a book on the couch.
"My dad, was attacked, they were part of the secruity detail. I had a feeling this was deeper than just secruity." Hyunjoon said, the other three nodding in understanding. Jiyoo patted his shoulder in comfort, he nodded in thanks.
 
Namjoon and Hoseok took out their ear pieces as they walked to the abandoned building, Jungkook set up on top of another building with a long distance rifle and scope, watching the main door. Jimin and Taehyung watched the side doors their guns at the ready in hand. Namjoon and Hoseok made eye contact and nodded heading to the main door, knocking on the door, Hoseok stepped back. The two in baseball caps, all black clothing and face masks. The door opening a burly man with a scar on his face stood before them, holding a metal detector. After checking the two for weapons, he led the two inside, Namjoon feeling a knot in his throat seeing Minhyuk and Yoongi laying on the floor, blood and bruises on their faces.
"Well well well. " A small man in a chair beside the two said, Hoseok twitching seeing his friend and teammate on the ground. "Please remove the coverings just to verify you're part of the team." He said, the two glancing at each other then removing the masks. "Good boys, now-"
"Hand them over." Namjoon ordered nodding his head to Yoongi and Minhyuk on the floor. As Taehyung and Jimin listened against the side doors.
"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk." The man shook his head, standing putting his foot on Yoongi's leg pressing down, Yoongi groaning in pain. "You can take the civilian, we'll keep your guy." He said, Namjoon looking at Yoongi assessing his injuries. 
"Send my love to daegu." Yoongi stated, spitting blood out of his mouth and on to the warehouse floor. 
"Only if you send mine to Busan." He said, as if timed perfectly Jimin and Taehyung bust through the side doors taking the men by surprise. Taehyung dodging one of the burly men, pistol whipping the back of his head before kneeing him in the stomach. Jimin shooting the other in the leg causing him to go down, exposing his gun on his waistbelt, Hoseok taking it and pointing it at the small man, still with his foot on Yoongi.
"Now, you were saying." Namjoon smirked, as the male noticed three guns pointed at him, and a red dot on his chest. "Move out of our way."Namjoon said, glaring at the male as he slowly removed his shoe from their teammate. "Min cuff him." Namjoon ordered, walking past the other and squating to check on Yoongi. 
"Gotta love, codes." Yoongi chuckled as Hoseok untied him, Namjoon looking wearily over at Minhyuk on the ground. "He talks back a lot." Yoongi joked, Namjoon nodding, moving the younger's hair to check his face and head for any wounds. "let's head back." Namjoon said, as Taehyung told Jungkook to start the van.
 
"Whose that?" Jiyoo asked, as the guys returned with a beaten Yoongi drapped on Jungkook's back.
"Yoongi sunbae?!" Yun and Soeun both exclaimed, Yun in disbelief and Soeun in shock and worry. 
"Why is it so loud?" A voice said from behind them, Yun ran to Minhyuk whom was being assisted by Hoseok while walking. Yun hugging him close, before stepping back and examining his face. "Hey." He said, Yun smiled slightly before grabbing Namjoon by the arm and pulling him inside the interrogation room.
"That's not Minhyuk." Yun said as Yoongi was brought into the room by Hoseok.
"How-"
"I know that guy like we're twins, he didn't even ask why I was here." Yun stated, the three looking to each other before to the other motioning her to continue. "Minhyuk is my best friend, thats not him. He might have some trauma but, he has never looked that dead inside."
"What do you know about his adoption?" Hoseok asked, Yun blinked at him confused.
 
'Minhyuk' sat still as Soeun and Jimin cleaned out his cuts, as Hoseok returned, eyeing hom before nodding Jimin over.Jimin excusing himself as Soeun continued cleaning his cuts, Hyunjoon joining them. Hoseok filled Jungkook in as Yun and Namjoon left the briefing room, Yun going to where the other three sat as Jiyoo brought 'Minhyuk' some tea. Namjoon going over to Seokjin and giving him the details of the situation. Taehyung nodded as he helped Yoongi to his room. 
 
"Due to the personal attack, we're gonna keep you all under surviellance. Each of us will be assigned to you, just to make sure you aren't alone. Once Suga heals up, he'll take over for J-Hope, who is with Yun. I'll be with Minhyuk. It's better for it to not look out of the ordinary. JK will be with Soeun, Jin with Jiyoo, and V with Hyunjoon. Min will be making rounds to make sure everyone is safe. " Namjoon filled the others in, Yun nodding as Soeun saluted. 
"Will you be staying at our houses, or?" Soeun asked, Jiyoo looking at the men before them trying to read the room.
"For now." Namjoon said turning to Jungkook whom stood beside Taehyung. "JK, we're gonna need the new team on deck." Jungkook nodding and pulling out his phone, tapping for a few seconds before putting it to his ear and stepping away.
 
"So." Hyunjoon started as Taehyung drove, his eyes on the road. "How long have you guys been on the team?"
"I was recuited back in high school, thats when I met them too, Funny enough I also was scouted by a modeling agency just a week later, on the street." Taehyung paused looking at Hyunjoon, whom busied himself with the scenery as they continued on their way to the University.
 
"SSo, uh." Jungkook started awkwardly staring at the road as he drove. "I know this is a lot, Oh! And us runnign into each other was totally an accident/" Soeun chuckling, at his recall. 
"I didn't even think about that." Soeun said, fidgetting with her hands. 
"Since we're gonna be wround each other for awhile. What major are you in?" Jungkook asked, switching to the right lane, eyeing the car behind him in the reveiw mirror.
"Culinary Arts! I love making treats and food for people. My sister was the one to push me into it and Yun sunbae was how I got to find out about La Belle too." Soeun rambled, looking out of the window. "Soah," Soeun muttered to herself remembering her sister and her shared an apartment still. "How should I explain this to my sister, by the way?"
"Good question." Jungkook scratching his neck in thought, trying to put a logical explanation together.
 
Yun glared at Namjoon as he drove the two roommates home.
"Are you just gonna glare at me the whole time?" He asked, Yun nodding.
"It's your fault we got wrapped up in this." Yun scolded the older male whom scoffed, glancing at 'minhyuk' in the review mirror. 
 
Jiyoo tapped her pen as she watched Seokjin water the plants in the flower shop. 
"So that's why you would disappear for hours unend." Jiyoo said, connecting the dots. 
"Most of the time I'm just downstairs. We needed a space outside of the official government building to avoid more eyes on us." Seokjin explained, sitting accross from the other.
 
Yun sighed as she sat in the living room, Namjoon having put 'Minhyk' in his bed before joining the other in the living room. The two sharing a look, Namjoon pulling his phone out and calling someone.
Soon someone was at their door, opening it Namjoon greeted the guy before him warmly.
"Yun, This S.n. Him and his team are lined up to take our place. His gonna help with surviellance here." Namjoon said, smiling fondly at the other male. 
 
An old building, in a run down side of town was filled with gangsters and those of the petty crimes level. The group talking over each other and yelling, when someone slammed the door open. The sound of heels clicking drawing everyone into silence, a red fitted suit, black heels and long black hair tied into a low ponytail. The woman sitting in the sole chair in the room.
"Any updates?" She called.
"Im Haesoo is now with BTS."
"He did what now?" She scoffed. "I told Joohyun to stay away from them and yet she sends her physcotic son in." She looked around at the men beofre her. "Get him out of there. And just how did he get in?"
"Appearantly his twin brother had a in with them."
"Oh really? And where is this said twin?" She asked, lighting a cigerette.
"That's the thing, we have no idea."