chapter eleven

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter eleven
i see your lies
Yoongi sat in the evidence room with one of the detectives, going through all of the former assemblyman's paperwork for anything on 'trust'. Hoseok sat in headquaters with Seokjin scanning through CCTV for who entered the house last. Jungkook and Jimin were sparing in one of the training rooms in their government office. Namjoon sat in a car watching as Minhyuk walked beside one of his friends from class. Namjoon jumped as his phone sounded off in the passenger seat, picking it up he put it to his ear.
"No one came in or out, at least on camera. PD is combing back through for forced entry. " Seokjin looped their team lead in, with a sigh he continued. "Please stop watching him, it's getting creepy."
"I'm not-"
"Don't deny it." Hoseok chimed in, Namjoon rubbed his temples, closing his eyes. 
 
Yun smiled as Minhyuk walked into the resturant she was working at, with their two other friends, Chanhee and Sunwoo. The three taking a seat at an empty table, as Yun served another table.
 
Jimin panted as he sat on the ground, Jungkook laying on the ground in the middle of the floor, the two exhausted from sparing non-stop, for the last few hours. 
"Spill." Jimin said, knowing that something had to cause him to want to throw some punches. 
"Remember the person I dated in High School?"
"Yeah, I kind of am on night shifts with the kid." Jimin stated monotoned.
"I feel bad. I think I messed up Tae's chance with him." Jungkook elaborated. " If I didn't date him, maybe Tae wouldn't be hurting now like he is."
"You liked the guy, you dated for a year, you joined our team and couldn't have any liablity. He would know that now, if you told him. But, Tae is a big kid, he can seduce whomever he pleases, right?" Jimin asked, wanting to make sure it was okay for Tae to still like Hyunjoon. 
"Of course, I just wish, Tae wouldn't have gotten in the friendzone." Jungkook said sighing.
"Anyways, what about that girl from the resturant? You said she was cute." Jimin wiggled his eyebrows, Jungkook standing and walking away. "So you do think shes cute." Jimin teased, following after the taller. 
 
 
Seokjin pulled down his mask as he entered a resturant and had to stop himself from calling Namjoon or Yoongi. Yun gave him a politle smile, as he gave off his to-go order, he watched as Minhyuk laughed with his friends, as he waited after paying, The door opening, Jiyoo and her siblings walking in, Yun greeting her brightly and motioning them to take a seat. Minhyuk greeting the three with a smile and wave. Seokjin, pulled his mask back up and fucosed on his phone instead, hoping Jiyoo didn't see him, as he pulled his mask back up. 
"Yun!" A voice called out, the univeristy student walked out carrying a tray shushing her friends. As she put down their dishes, Minhyuk laughed, Seokjin smiling to himself knowing him saying he looked happy would ease Namjoon up a bit.
The door opened, Seokjin looked up and quickly looked away, as Hyunjoon eyed him, with asigh.
"I thought you guys were a shadow not a stalker. " Hyunjoon said, Seokjin looked up to him as his friends went ahead and sat down.
"I'm just picking up food, sir." Seokjin said politely as Hyunjoon is technically a client of theirs. 
"It's good, trust me." Yun commented, placing a bag with food containers inside, on the counter, Seokjin standing to double check it. 
"Enjoy your lunch, Mr, Hyunjoon. " Soekjin said, Hyunjoon nodded and turned to walk to his friends, as the sound of an explosion went off. Seokjin went to cover Hyunjoon, as Yun ducked behind the counter, Jiyoo had pulled her siblings down below her table. Minhyuk began hypervenilating, ducking under the table with his friends wided eyed in shock. 
Seokjin put his phone to his ear, standing scanning for anyone injured. He stepped to the door.
"How far away?" Soekjin asked as Namjoon jogged following the sound.
"About a block, looks like another office. Did someone call 119?" Namjoon asked the civilians that were passing by, one nodded with her phone to her ear. 
"I'll head there, I think you could be needed here."Seokjin looked over his shoulder, seeing Minhyuk shaking and dissasociated. "It would be perfect time to come clean. " Seokjin said, stepping out as Hyunjoon sat up. 
 
Yoongi nodded to Seokjin as he got to the scene.
"Joon just went in to see if people were able to get out, Fire and Police are on their way. " Yoongi filled him in, Seokjin nodded, also slightly upset namjoon didn't listen to him. 
"Hoseok at HQ, I'll call him to start pulling footage for me." Soekjin said stepping away as the fire department and polcie department pulled up, Namjoon exiting the building, briefing both the Fire captain and Officer. He returned to Yoongi, putting his jacket back on. 
"PD is gonna give us a call when the scene is ready." Namjoon said, checking his phone.
"Jk and min think they found something." Namjoon said, Yoongi nodding motioning him to go, as Yoongi put on his mask to help with crowd control.
 
"We thought Joohyun was on their payroll, right?" Jimin asked, Namjoon as he entered their HQ, Hoseok in one of the chairs at the computers scanning CCtv in the area of the last attack.
"Right." Namjoon said, as Jungkook walked to the table they stood at with reports and images scattered accross. 
"Yoongi hyung, said he saw a weird photo in Assemblyman's Lee Jaseok's. A photo of a kid, which he doesn't have at least according to any form of records." He stated, putting the photo of a kid smiling in a field before namjoon.
"Then, we thought what about his, I don't know, assitants or secrataries. " Jimin continued, "About five have had kids over the last 20 years.  He ran this photo through a database to see if anyone with the maybe same facial features have been passed through the system. Either as an adult of a kid." 
"What does this kid have to do with anything?" Namjoon asked, the younger two sharing a look.
"There were two matches." Jungkook said, Namjoon raised an eyebrow closing his arms accross his chest. As Jimin put down two files before their team lead.
 
Hyunjoon had managed to calm Minhyuk enough as they were each being interveiwed by officers. Yun handed her best friend a cup of water, Jiyoo held her siblings close to her.
 
"baby, you didn't need to come here in person. I'm fine." Joohyun said, looking softly at the other accross the table from her. "They won't find me guilty, not enough evidence. But, you need to be more careful. Remember what I taught you, okay?"
"Down with BTS." A male said, smirking across from her, Joohyun smiled, kissing his hand before being motioned by an officer to head back. The male exited the prision facility, pulling his phone out and putting it to his ear. "Time for a more direct approach." He said smirking as he walked to his car.