chapter six

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter six
i see your lies
Hyunjoon kicked off his shoes as he entered his family home, slipping on a pair of slippers he made his way inside, Looking into the living room finding no one, he made his way past his dad's office, glancing inside he saw the chair turned around to face the bookcase. Not thinking anything of it, he entered the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cabinet and filling it with water. AS a gunshot sounded, Hyunjoon dropped the glass in shock as the sound of grunts sounded out. He looked around before grabbing his phone. 
"No one else is here right?" A voice asked,  sighing.
"Both wife and son are gone."
"Good thing we were already here."
"Call an ambulance, let them know its someone important to our case."
"Got it." The voice walking closer stopping at the sight of Hyunjoon squatting under the counter shaking with his phone to his ear. "Uh, V, we got a problem." He said squatting down infront of Hyunjoon. "Hey kid, everything's okay, we're the good guys." V squatted down next to Hoseok falling back in shock. 
"H-hyung?" Hyunjoon stuttered out, Taehyung swallowed before shooing Hoseok away. 
"I have some explaining to do. First, come on out it's okay." Taehyung said in rare serious Hyunjoon has seen, making His stare at the older.
 
"What do you mean, one of you were shot?!" Jin exclaimed on the phone as he threw on his jacket, exiting their HQ. Walking into the backroom of the flower shop. Sighing, Hoseok continued to explain how Jimin ended up getting shot while he had taken down the intruders. "I told you guys to bring backup. Did you at least get What we need out of them?" He asked, locking the flower shop doors.  "What do you mean, you might have stabbed him?!" He yelled as he got in his car, heading straight to the hospital they were being taken to.
 
tAEHYUNG sighed, with arms crossed over his chest as he watched a detective interveiw Hyunjoon in the living room as Hoseok monitored them. Namjoon showed up, with mask and baseball cap in hand for Taehyung so he could leave the house unseen. 
"Last thing we need, is your cover being blown." Namjoon said eyeing Taehyung and following his eye line to the uniseristy student now sitting with Hoseok. "Go. He'll be fine. You have a schedule in the morning don't you?" Taehyung nodded taking the mask and hat, from the older, before exiting out of the house the back way.
"WHo the hell are you guys?" Hyunjoon asked as Namjoon joined the two in the living.
"Due to rules and regulations, we can't disclose that. Just know, everyone is safe. J-hope will be relocating you where your father is stationed for the time being." namjoon explained nodding to hoseok, whom nodded in return standing, while assissiting hyunjoon up. 
 
"This is why you should've brought something other than knifes." Seokjin groaned as he sat outside the operating room with Yoongi beside him. 
"don't bother telling me, i wasn't even there." Yoongi replied, leaning back in the chair. 
"WHere were you anyways? V never does on site protection." 
"None of your business." Yoongi growled closing his eyes.
"WHatever i could just check cctv, if i really wanted to know." Seokjin drawled out leaning back in his chair as well. "I was gonna wait till our briefing tomorrow night, but, i found someone involved with 'trust', RM isn't gonna like it." Seokjin said, as the doctor exited the operating room greeting the two.
"patient with the gun wound is out of surgery, he's stable as of now. We are moving him to a room, but he will be monitored for the next week, if there are no complications." The two nodded and bowed, pulling out his phone Yoongi messaged their group chat to let everyone know jimin is out of surgery.
 
Soeun clocked in as she walked into the kitchen looking around she didn't see Yoongi at his normal station. Walking over to Yeojun at one of the sinks she nudged him.
"Where's Yoongi sunbae?" Soeun asked, Yeonjun sighed.
"Hell if I know. Soyeon noona is pretty close to getting him fired." Yeojun said has he washed vegetables.
"Yikes." Soeun said joining the other in food prep, looking out the window to the dining room, that was in the process of being set up for the night. 
"Is minhyuk oppa back?" Soeun asked, Yeonjun looked at her in confusion.
"You didn't hear?" Soeun shook her head glancing at the taller. "He quit."
"Seriously? Why?" Soeun questioned, Yeonjun glared at her playfully before turning off the faucet.
"Just ask him, I don't know everything." Soeun pouted as moved to his station. 
"Since when has Yeonjun become the kitchen informant?" Another assitant asked, laughing as Yeonjun pointed his knife at him.
 
"Good work, tonight!" Soyeon hollered as the assitants headed out, waving to the rest of the night crew as they exited. Soeun heading to the main street to catch taxi's home since bus' weren't running any more.
"Isn't that the food blogger?" Yeonjun whispered as they got next to the bus stop. 
The back of Jungkook facing them as he talked on the phone.
"I'm never on the floor." Soeun whined, while pouting.
"Yeah, I see you." Jungkook said hanging up as a black van pulled up, the door opening Yoongi helping him in, Jungkook closing the door behind him.
"Wasn't that-"
"Soeun, you coming?" Yeonjun called from his spot at a Taxi as the van pulled away.
"That was definitely Yoongi sunbae." Soeun muttered entering the taxi.
 
"Whats the emergency briefing about?" Jungkook asked, as he removed his backpack.
"I found a lead on a person involved with 'trust'. They are leaving Korea tongiht." Seokjin answered from the driver's seat, as Namjoon put in his earpiece, checking his gun and removing the safety.
"And Namjoon is already aware of this person's capabilities, Which is why we need you." Yoongi pointed out, tossing him his badge, Jungkook catching it and nodding.
 
A woman walked through two lines of men, leading up to a plane. She stopped, looking over her shoulder and laughing.
"Did you forget I trained you, Namjoon-shi?" She said, out loud, Namjoon with his hands in the air stood infront of her men. 
"I'm not armed, I just have a few questions." Namjoon said, removing his earpiece as a peace offering.
"Fine. Only cause I missed your face. Which has only gotten better with age." She said, turning around fully. "But, only one question."
"Fine. What do you know about 'trust'?" He asked, putting his arms down.
"Hmm.. Never heard of it. If thats all." She stated turning around heading the plane again.
"If you say so." Namjoon said, putting his hands back up, as a shot fired, taking down the gaurd right before her, she snapped her head around looking for where it could have come from.
"A snipper? What kind of governemnt team is this?" She asked, laughing as she stepped over the gaurd making her way to teh plane.
"Next shot is on you. Your choice whether they fire or not." Namjoon said, as she paused at the steps. He placed his earpiece in, as he put his arms down. 
"What is this about?" She asked just a bit more annoyed.
"You already know it seems like." Namjoon said, walking to her. The gaurds confused.
"I have nothing to do with 'trust'."
"How do you even know what 'trust' is then, Former Captain Lee Joohyun." Namjoon stated with a sigh. "Jk, she might need another warning." Namjoon stated, another shot taking down one of her gaurds beside her. 
"Killing men? Ha. Is that what you do now?" Joohyun asked, not even faced by the gunshot. 
"All of your men are connected to both human trafficing and drug selling and distribution. I think its smarter for you to just tell us what you know before more are injured." Namjoon stated, Joohyun rolling her eyes.
"You think I care? Then your wrong. The only way i will ever tell you information, thats if i knew anything is when I'm dead. And seeing you brought a snipper you knew i would say this and you wouldn't be getting what you wanted. On that note, may we never meet again, or else that snipper of yours won't live to see the sun rise." Joohyun said stepping on to the steps and laughing as she entered the plane.
 
Jiyoo stretched as she left her apartment, heading out to the convience store. Entering, she headed straight to the beer, smiling as she looked at her choices. 
"Oh, 702-nim?" Jiyoo turned to see one of her neighbors standing beside her. 
"Oh, 704-nim, wheres your girlfriend?" Jiyoo asked looking around.
"We're not dating." He laughed crossing his arms over his chest. 
"Ah, I haven't seen 706-nim recently." Jiyoo pointed out, the other nodding.
"No idea. We should probably call each other by name, we've lived next to each other for two years." The male pointed out, Jiyoo nodded.
"Woo Jiyo."
"Kim Minhyuk. Ah. My not-girlfriend is Hwang Yun." He pointed out, grabbing two cans of beer, offering her one, shaking her head grabbed a bottle of soju instead.
"Celebrating?" Jiyoo asked as she grabbed snacks, as he grabbed ramen.
"More like mourning. I quit my good paying job. " Minhyuk said, almost in tears over the amount of money he was now short.
"Why quit then?" Jiyoo asked walking up to the counter putting her snacks and soju down.
"I can't sleep which means my memory isn't doing too well, and I would rather not worry about getting fired. Might as well quit instead." Minhyuk shrugged as Jiyoo paid, waiting for him as he paid.
"I understand that, I practically work two jobs." Jiyoo stated as they walked back towards their apartment. 
The two waiting at the crosswalk as a black van pulled up accross the street, the two tilting their heads seeing Namjoon and Seokjin in tn it. 
"What the-"
The sound of an explosion sounding sending Minhyuk to the ground shaking, as Jiyoo sat beside him bewildered by the sight of a building with smoke exiting it. Next thing she saw a young man in a baseball cap was helping her up and away from the scene.
"JK, clear civilians! Suga, check that building! Jin, check for injured! I'll call Hope and V!" Namjoon's voice ringed out in Minhyuk's ears, as Jungkook helped him up. Jiyoo gripping onto her phone as her hand shook.