chapter eight

top secret / / bts centric applyfic / / chapter fourteen + fifteen is out! / / THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!
chapter eight
i see your lies
Jiyoo sighes as she looked at the flower shop, having been closed for a month as really messed up her income flow. Turning back to the street leading to her apartment, she smiled in greeeting as Yun was rushing off to work, Yun having landed a job in a resturant as a server for the time being. Pulling out her phone while at the bus stop her thumb hovering over her messages to Yoongi. 
 
 to, Yoongi Sunbae
Thanks for the recommendation! 
 
Sent over a month ago left on read, normally he would've responded with something at least. Putting her phone back in her back pocket as the bus she needed to take pulled up. Stepping on as Hyunjoon stepped off, headphones in as he walked towards his apartment to grab some school materials he left at home. Having lived at the hotel for the last month with his parents was seriously killing his reputation.
eNTERING THE BUILDING HE STARED AT HIS REFLECTION WHILE WAITING ON THE ELEVATOR, SMIRKING AT HOW GOOD HE STILL LOOKED DESPITE THE STRESS OF HIS PARENTS AND SCHOOOL. tHE DOORS OPENING, mINHYUK STEPPED OUT, HIS PHONE TO HIS EAR. mINHYUK LOOKED AROUND OUTSIDE AS A CAR PULLED UP, sOHEE HANDING HIM A FEW REUSABLE BAGS FILLED WITH FOOD AND OTHER NECESSITIES. 
"Your coming tonight to visit your parents right?" She asked, playing the older sister role she had claimed at an early age perfectly. 
"Yes, hyung would kill me if i didn't." Minhyuk said, Sohee gave him a sad smile before getting back in her car. Minhyuk heading inside, as Soeun exited the elevator, helping him with the bags. "You don't have to help me." He warned, the younger shaking her head and stepping back into the elevator. 
"Someone has to cook for you, YUn sunbaeis working late, and you can't cook." Soeun reminded her former coworker. 
"Fair point." 
The two sat the table eating lunch, more like Minhyuk inhaling the food and Soeun smiling while he ate. 
"Oppa, how long did you work at La Belle?" Soeun asked, she was just shy of a year.
"3 years, I think. Why?"
"You know the food blogger? The one Yoongi sunbae is friends with?"
"Always in black? Always has a camera?" Minhyuk detailed, as he paused his eating, Soeun was rarely interested in people, that weren't coworkers.
"Yeah. WHat do you know about him?" Soeun asked, Minhyuk raising an eyebrow.
"Do you have a crush, or something?" Minhyuk asked jokingly, eyes widening as Soeun swallowed. Sighing, Minhyuk set down his chopsticks getting serious. " I don't know much, except he eats literally everything. I've seen him with a few guys but, never girls." Minhyuk told her. "And if he's friends with Yoongi sunbae, he must be a good guy. Even my tutor is friends with him." Minhyuk said, blinking after his statement trying to remember how they became friends.
"Thats what I thought." Soeun said, eating some the kimchi. "Is your tutor the one Yun sunbae mentioned, the handsome one." Minhyuk nodded, Soeun smiling leaning forward. "You didn't deny that he was handsome." Minhyuk choked on air, picking up his chopsticks, motioning her to eat.
 
Jiyoo gave lists to her siblings sending them off into different parts of the supermarket as she grabbed vegtables, looking up to see if her siblings were on their way back, she spotted Seokjin, along side Namjoon and Jungkook as they threw some ingredients into a cart. Jiyoo, was have tempted to go greet the older whom she hadn't seen in over a month. Tapping her finger on the cart in thought as she watched them. Her thoughts racing, deciding against it, meaning she would have missed seeing him. Jisoo, her younger sister walking up to them asking them a question, Namjoon directing her to the right aisle. Seokjin soon looking around for Jiyoo recognizing her little sister. 
"You okay?" Namjoon asked, Seokjin nodded turning back towards the two with a smile, back to discussing the snacks they needed to stock back up on. 
 
Yun smiled and bowed as a group of friends left, heading to the previously occupied table to take their dishes and wipe the table down. Wiping her forehead as the lunch rush seemed to die down a bit. Walking down to the kitchen putting the plates and cups in the sink for the washer whom only sighed in relief. 
"I can see why Yoongi reccomended you." The owner and chef said, as Yun stood before the counter where she cooked. 
"How do you guys know each other anyways?" Yun asked, curious on how the two knew each other. The older woman sighing in defeat at the question.
"I confessed to him back before he joined the military, he rejected me. When he left the military he asked if i knew any good resturants to work at. He ended up being my predecessor at la belle." She explained, Yun nodded her head.
"When did he do his service?" Yun asked, curious on what younger Yoongi was like. 
"Right after high school, I think he was only gone for a year, though." The owner thought outloud, Yun nodding again. "Anyway, you can go ahead and take a break, the rush is over." 
"One last question. When you worked together did he ever disappear without a word?" Yun questioned removing her apron, setting it on the hook by the kitchen entrance.
"All the time. I almost fired him several times." She answered, Yun nodding again before heading to the convience store down the street for a snack and something to drink. 
"No, tell johnny i will kill him the next time i see him if they even think of discounting our drinks." Jimin growled on the phone as he stood in the convience store waiting for his ramen to cook. Yun entered, heading straight to the snacks. Glancing at Jimin she turned back to the snacks in thought. Knowing she had seen him before somewhere, pulling her phone out she sneakily took a picture of him sending it to the group chat of her, Minhyuk and some of their friends.
From. Yunnie
why does he look familiar?
 
From. Channie
Maybe from the cafe?
 
FROM. woowoo
Blind date?
 
From. yunnie
No
and definitely not
 
from. minnie
isn't he the owner of lie or something? 
remember Yun almost puked on him our first night out.
 
Yun took a deep breath remembering the occurance, her head falling foward in embrassment. Jimin smiled and danced as he opened his ramen, not even noticing yun's crisi an aisle away. A mouthfull of ramen, his phone rang again seeing the caller id he quickly chewed, answering the call.
"Whats up Yoongi hyung?" He asked, Yun turning and looking at him, in shock hearing the olders name.
 
From. yunnie
is yoongi a common name?
 
From. woowoo
I know a mingi 
 
From. yunnie 
idioT
 
Minhyuk sat at the dinner table as his parents reminced over when minhyuk and minseok were younger, When they first brought minhyuk home, when minseok first started liking girls, and when sohee was first spoken of in their house. Minhyuk called the Kim's his home for years, longer then sohee but, not as deeply as sohee. Minhyuk looked at his phone, as his parents looked at each other warily. 
"hyuk, dear." Ms. Kim said bringing their youngest's attention to her. "We have something we want to tell you." More glances, sohee and minseok just as confused as minhyuk. 
"Your birth parents want to meet you." Mr. kim said, minhyuk blinked at them the actual sentence still processing.
"It's been years, why now?" Minseok asked, confused by the sudden request.
"They want to get to know him as he is now." Ms. Kim responded calmly.
"They left me, why would i want to meet them." Minhyuk said, avoiding any form of eye contact.
"That's why they want-"
"I've got to go, I've got assignments to finish." Minhyuk stated, grabbing his phone off the table and walking out the door, shoes and jacket in hand.