9% Observations

30% Battery Life

Daehyun examined the strange boy who had randomly scouted him to hunt down for an unknown girl. He wasn’t exactly sure why the blond needed to find his ‘noona’ so badly, though it beat sitting in class and learning. Daehyun refrained himself from saying a single word as the odd pairing walked around.

Daehyun bit the green straw to his coffee, leaving several bite marks on the plastic. He liked having something in his mouth. More often than not, he had a piece of gum to chew on, but at the moment had none; the straw would have to do for now. He had long but finished the mix of chocolate and coffee that occupied the cup. He had kept the container for so long for the straw, to keep his mouth from feeling empty.

He silently remained nibbling on the manufactured stick. Even when the stranger had introduced himself as Zelo, he still held the plastic firmly between his teeth. The mute boy didn’t feel the urgency to introduce himself, and just had his tongue play with the straw some more instead. Maybe at some point he would tell Zelo his name, but at this moment in time, there was no need.

The older male twirled the straw around with his tongue as he watched Zelo peer into closed classrooms with the use of their windows. The two must have looked very suspicious. Daehyun was expecting at any moment for the announcement system to go off to call a lock down for two bizarre strangers on campus. He shrugged off the idea and yawned as they approached the next classroom to inspect.

Of course, Zelo and Daehyun had received some strange stares from the other students, but the two didn’t really care, especially Daehyun. The whole situation was far too interesting for him. It wasn’t often Daehyun met someone who could capture his attention longer than five seconds. The boy he was trailing definitely had to be something wild to have held it for nearly twenty minutes.

Only one other person held the impressive record of humoring Daehyun, and that was his -so called- best friend, Him Chan. The needy was one of very few people who Daehyun would ever offer his undivided attention to. From Him Chan’s unsuccessful attempts at jokes, to his creepy aegyo, and even his failure to comprehend sarcasm, they all delighted a certain aspect of Daehyun’s brain. To say the least, Him Chan was basically a gigantic riddle.

How is a boy trained in traditional Korean music and instruments so easily excited by the thoughts of girls and pranks? If he had to explain his curiosity surrounding Him Chan, he would have to say it was like observing a monkey in captivity. He wanted to know why the monkey flung its own feces, pranced around, gloated, and swung on vines. What made the monkey tick? Daehyun could try to give Him Chan a banana to calm him, but that wouldn’t work. Years of careful study have only offered a handful of useful observations and answers to his questions about the teen.

Daehyun had to admit that many of the strange qualities that drew him to Him Chan was something Zelo displayed. The somewhat off aura, as if there was something more than beneath the eye about the two. His eyes followed Zelo’s movements as he craned his neck to scan the faces of the students in the AP Government class.

A bit of the door was cracked open, letting them listen in on their current lecture, “First world countries are facing rising unemployment rates, take America for example; they’re more of a consumer rather than producer, leaving less jobs to be had. They are trying to create more job opportunities for their people, but with the help of machinery and growing competition among people in education fields, jobs are still scarce.” The deep voice of the teacher paused, letting his students take time to take notes on his words.

“She’s not in there.” Zelo retreated from the door and returned to Daehyun’s side. Daehyun chomped on his straw, and without a word started to head down to the next class. Zelo followed in pursuit and did another once over of the students faces.

The process continued with Daehyun supervising and Zelo reporting to him until they reached the class which he had skipped. As they came into ear shot range of the door, a familiar feminine voice was heard.

“I’m pissing my pants here.”


Woo this chapter was dedicated to conveying what kind of character Daehyun is and his relationship with Himchan. Hope I didn't bore ya. Also I changed the forewords.

Hey all, this is DinoJjong's consultant! I've noticed that you're all demanding robot . Let me just ask you a question: How would you feel to have a metal rod shoved up your ? Oh wait, we have those. But they're made of plastic and called s .___. err...  I see you subs like dem freaky deaky eh?