2% Operational

30% Battery Life

Yong Guk had been adamant about working those last three days and had been locked in his lab since then. The blond indulged himself in his project and lost all contact with the outside world that weekend and even skipped school Monday.

Since Mondays were Robotics Club, the vice president was left the responsibility of controlling the club’s activities. Sadly, that right was bestowed upon Yong Guk’s best friend, her, who was tricked into the position freshmen year by him. She was completely blindsided by his absence, seeing as Yong Guk had never missed a single meeting before. The girl just told everyone to go enjoy their lunch and talk freely in the classroom.

She had decided to ditch after her announcement and settled for walking around the school for the remainder of lunch. Yong Guk was the person she spent lunch with normally, and it just felt so lonely without him. She didn’t feel like going to sit with her other friends at lunch, since they normally all just gossiped and carried baggage with them. She wasn’t into drama so early in the day, or any time at all.

The unaccompanied student munched on a tiny box of Cocoa Puffs cereal she had purchased from one of the school’s many vending machines. The large halls were mostly barren aside from the occasional group of students that liked to eat in the passageways. Her eyes wandered around from the banners about spirit, posters showing upcoming events and dances, and to the glass cases that held old trophies. She was utterly bored and wondered if this was going to be her whole lunch for the month Yong Guk was gone.

Shuddering at the thought the girl finished the last of her chocolaty cereal and pulled her phone out. Since that Friday the two met, the girl had forgotten to charge her phone and it currently had 37% battery life. She texted Yong Guk to see if he had finished whatever he was working on.

A minute later her phone rang, his message to her plain and simple.

‘Leave me alone.’

The girl rolled her eyes and trashed the empty box of cereal. She checked the time on her phone and decided to start heading to her next class since lunch was almost over.

For the next two hours or so the girl sat through classes with insufferable people she wished she could tell to shut their trap. Honestly, she questioned the amount of patience teachers had for the imbeciles she called class mates. They never seemed to be quiet, never prepared, dimwitted, and they made rude remarks every chance given; which she would have let slide if they were even remotely funny.

Currently in her sixth period, the teacher had given them a worksheet to do for the remainder of the class to turn in when the bell rang. It was an easy assignment about reading a few paragraphs and answering the questions on the back.

During the middle of writing down an answer she felt like someone was leaning over her. She frowned, guessing that the kid behind her was copying her answers. She could hear his soft breathing as he looked over her shoulder at her paper.

“Him Chan, get away from me.” She sighed, trying to keep her hands from pulling at his blond hair. This occurrence happened one too many times for her taste, which was about every day. She turned around to see his smiling face beaming at her innocently. Her fingers twitched, eager to punch him.

“Oh, come on.” he put on a puppy face, “You’re almost done anyway, just let me see your answers. Please.” Why did she even bother? Despite the fact she’d say no, he’d still find a way to copy her answers.

“Fine. I don’t care.” She replied, returning to her work.

“Awesome. Love you~” He sang as he continued to copy down number five of twenty.

To peeve him she rushed through the last of the questions left. A second later the girl finished and turned in the work sheet to the teacher. Him Chan was livid and pouted in his seat. “I thought you said you didn’t care about me copying.” he said to her.

“Copy faster then.” She retorted. Spending lunch alone had already irked her and she didn’t need another reason to lash out at someone.

“God, why are you so ?” His flawless face contorted into an angry expression. “You’re lucky you’re pretty, or else you’d probably have no friends at all,” he hissed as he poked her.

She ignored his words and incessant jabs, distracting herself with her phone. “Go copy Daehyun’s paper. He’s your friend,” she swatted at his hand. She never heard a reply from Him Chan, assuming that he had done what she said.

How Daehyun put up with Him Chan was a mystery as the two were like magnets. Although the two were as opposite as positive and negative charges, the two some how were still attracted together. The only thing she could think the two really had in common was their obnoxious blond hair.

Also, what was it with the males in this school and having blond hair?

She could list five blonds off the top of her head: Yong Guk, Him Chan, Daehyun, Young Jae, and Jong Up.

The bell broke through her thoughts and she put away her phone that was close to dying with only 10% left in it. She was curious if it would last until she got home. While staring at her phone Him Chan had tripped her, causing her to stumble before falling.

“Watch where you’re going~” No one helped her up as they were all too busy trying to rush to their final class of the day.

It was official: She hated everyone, except Yong Guk.

For her seventh period she sat through a lecture. Instead of taking down notes she decided to doodle on her paper. Her seventh period teacher couldn’t teach his way out of a paper bag and she’d have a better chance of learning the lesson online. For the past few new chapters she had used the Internet to learn them. Her grades were the highest in that class, so she knew her technique was working.

She loved the Internet.

At last the school day was over and she began to head home. When she entered through the door she found food covered in Saran wrap on the table and a note from her parents. The gist of it was that they were going out for the day and there was a large package for her in her room.

Her interest peaked, the girl headed to her room after finding her charger and plugging her phone in. It was barely at 1% now.

When she stepped into her room B.A.P had ran to her, noticing her presence. The toy had wrapped its arms around her leg, kind of like a hug. Her eyes traveled to the package and her parent’s note hadn’t been lying, there really was a large package in her room. The box was larger than herself. How in the hell did it even fit through her door?

Stepping in closer she saw a letter taped onto the outside of the box with her name on it. She checked the back and saw Yong Guk’s name too.

She shredded open the later and read it to herself.

“Hey, so I finished my project. Which is awesome, since I would have been upset if I had to finish it after my camp.” She was sure from the first couple of sentences that the delivery was from Yong Guk. She continued reading, “This is something I’ve been working on for a year and am glad to say is now a finished product. Please watch over it while I’m gone and set it up. I’m certain that after all the time you spent watching me work you were the best person to leave it with. The instructions are inside the box, along with a few other things. Don’t break it, or else I might have to kill us both in a fiery bomb explosion. From, Yong Guk. PS: you know I’ll do it.”

Tossing the letter aside, the girl began shredding the box apart, her curiosity growing too big for her own good.

Much to her surprise- A lot to her surprise, she found a blond boy in a plastic bag. Her eyes went wide, and her breath was caught in . Did Yong Guk kill a boy and want her to bury him? Inside the box beside the sleeping boy was an instruction manual with the words ‘Zelo 1.0’ printed in bold font.

She flipped through the first couple of pages and calmed immediately. She was definitely amazed and frightened that Yong Guk had enough knowledge to make an android.

She found the charger mentioned in the booklet and plugged it into her outlet. The book didn’t mention where to plug the charger in however. She dragged the boy out of its wrapping. She panted, as he felt like a ton of weight. Much to her relief Yong Guk had taken the liberty of dressing his robot in some of his old clothes before sending him over.

You’d think the girl would be more shocked at Yong Guk’s brilliance at being able to create something so intricate and advanced, however she never did underestimate Yong Guk’s abilities. She had once stumbled upon him creating a realistic robotic arm with synthetic skin.

B.A.P had walked towards Zelo and poked it with its claw like hand.

After a bit of searching, and purposely avoiding stripping down the robot to find its plug in point, she found it behind a mess of blond locks. She guessed this was another blond she could add to her list.

She laid the doll against her wall as it charged.

It looked so humanoid. Unlike some kind of electronic sitting against her wall, it looked like a real boy sweetly dozing off.

The instructions said the initial charging would be complete in a day or so, 32 hours at the most.

She moved in closer to inspect more of the cyborg when it suddenly punched her, sending her flying back. She touched her jaw and winced. It wasn’t too painful but it still hurt, and the suddenness of it made her heart skip a beat.

She retrieved the manual and reread it.

“During the initial charging, sudden movements or sounds may occur, please stand clear of charging station. I bet you skimmed this and got kicked or something, loser.” Yong Guk knew her all too well.

Yep, she hated everyone now.