18% Bananas in Pajamas

30% Battery Life

Him Chan was bitterly wrapped up within his sleeping bag, glaring at the trio nestled in the far corner of the tent. The scavenger hunt had ended an hour ago and all the students had returned to their respective tents. Daehyun was eyeing the distraught boy. Although Him Chan’s current condition was worrisome, the boy could not be bothered to care about his friend’s welfare. It was not his problem.

Daehyun smiled at the precious sheet of paper in his hands, good for one week free of homework. His eyes glittered mischievously at the fond memory of threatening the other students to sacrifice their items. He remembered how giddy he had felt at making that girl cry; Sungjong’s tears were truly the highlight of his evening. He smiled sadistically at the thought. Perhaps he had problems, but as long as no psychologist went near enough to diagnose him, he could go on being classified as perfectly sane.

Daehyun placed his pass strategically into his backpack. No thieves would be able to find the piece of paper, not over his dead body. He looked up from his bag and back to his fuming friend, “You know, if those three didn’t seem like such idiots, I bet they would have noticed your stares half an hour ago.”

Him Chan ignored Daehyun’s commentary and continued to burn holes at the oblivious Zelo as he smiled at wonderbread.

“Jello and wonderbread, what a stupid combination.” Him Chan growled, “The two together would probably result in a stomachache.” He grumbled under his breath, not even listening to the words leaving his mouth.

Daehyun rolled his mocha orbs at his friend’s stupid moping. He ped the sleeping bag Him Chan was snuggled within and proceeded to roll him out of it. Him Chan did not notice any of this as Daehyun wrapped himself within what used to be his makeshift bed. The lazy blond yawned and shut his eyes. Stealing items sure took a lot out of a person.

Him Chan mumbled swears under his breath as he continued to observe the group of three. He wondered what they were saying as they discussed in hushed voices. Yong Guk and her did most of the talking though, as Zelo preferred to listen to their conversation. Zelo’s head turned between the two as they talked, but stopped when he noticed Him Chan’s gaze. Zelo’s face was blank, but soon it was filled with a smile as he waved at him.

The weary male narrowed his eyes, what was this boy’s angle? Who was he to wonderbread and why had he never seen him before? Him Chan sighed, he was seriously going mad. Why did he care so much? It was silly of him. She was an independent and free thinker, she could be friends with anyone she wanted. Him Chan sighed.

With all his will power, he pushed away his feelings for the girl, for the time being. There was no way he would survive the next few days of the trip if his thoughts were filled with such petty concerns. It took a lot of strength, but eventually he was able to calm his nerves. For the remaining days he will act just like how he did at school. Wonderbread will just have to become one of the guys. He took in a deep breath and eased his erratic thoughts. He could do this for a few days. Yeah. Definitely. He hoped.

With a cool mind, he tried to fall asleep. He struggled to find a comfortable sleeping position, only to find his sleeping bag gone and occupied by his inert bestfriend.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” He said shaking Daehyun’s shoulder like crazy.

“Sleeping. What’s it look like, stupid?” Daehyun groaned as his body shook up and down.

“That’s my sleeping bag!” Him Chan pointed out, frowning at Daehyun’s lack of care for his personal belongings. The boy even refused to open his eyes during their conversation.

“His. Hers. Theirs. All different words that just mean mine.” Daehyun moaned into Him Chan’s pillow.

“Where am I supposed to sleep?” Him Chan got up to his feet and kicked the blond in the stomach. Daehyun however was unaffected by Him Chan’s blow as he was used to it.

“You kick like a girl.” The sleeping blonde sighed, “Quit your whining and just get into this sleeping bag, it’s big enough for the two of us.” Before the other could get another word in edgewise, the blond was fast asleep again.

Him Chan sighed and crawled into the sleeping bag. Why did Him Chan overlook the fact that a sleeping bag would be too inconvenient for his friend to bring as well? Him Chan’s eyes twitched at the feeling of Daehyun’s arms wrapping around his waist.

“If I feel anything poking me in the middle of the night, I swear it’ll be chopped off.”

“Shut up and sleep.” Him Chan gagged at the feeling of Daehyun’s breath brushing against his neck.

“I hate you, Daehyun.” Him Chan attempted to escape from Daehyun’s grasp.

“Don’t worry. I’m always flaccid around you.” Daehyun spoke, followed by a snore.

“Well if-” Him Chan cut his sentence short, “Are you sleep talking?”

His reply was that of a snore.

The frustrated blond groaned and begged for sleep to consume him.


A short update, but I thought it would feel a bit out of place in my next chapter so might as well be its own. O3O

Oh for those of you curious about my upcoming fics;

Mirror Me will be a Hyunseong/Jeongmin fic with hints of Boyfriend, it'll be a romance, humor, and somewhat blue.

Untitled (as in it has no title yet O3O) will be a Him Chan centric story and will be comedy, romance, and some themes of death.