13% Facts for Irresponsible Girls

30% Battery Life

A week had passed and Zelo was perfectly fine and up and running again. After he had collapsed, the girl had rushed to his charging station and plugged him in. She referred to the manual for any concerns she had and sent a couple of texts to Yong Guk, to which he never replied to. An hour into the charge, Zelo’s fingers twitched.

The manual had explained that it was okay for Zelo to shut down once he hit 0%. The best thing to do once he hit that point was to recharge him immediately. While flipping through the pages of the book, she also discovered an interesting piece of information; Zelo could consume batteries. Batteries were kind of like an extra source of energy. Depending on the battery, he could regain up to 10% of his life back.

She had narrowed her eyes at the title of the section, which held all the emergency information for Zelo- ‘Facts for Irresponsible Girls.’

She kept in mind to always keep a couple pairs of batteries for Zelo, in case he was ever dangerously low on power. She got lucky, he was only a few feet by her door when he fell. Zelo may have looked thin and slender, but he weighed almost the same amount as a bulky football player. She almost died dragging him to her bedroom.

Life pretty much returned to normal after Zelo had awoken from his long charge. The two made up and decided Zelo would become her new alarm clock. As of right now, he was playing his favorite game with his her: Where did noona leave her headphones?

They both searched her messy room, hoping to find where she had thrown the tiny loudspeakers. Zelo was on her bed, turning over her sheets and pillows while she roamed the floor.

“Ugh...” she moaned, “I need these before I leave for the trip.” she messed up her own hair, growing agitated.

A day ago, the girl had mentioned to Zelo she was going on a class camping trip for about five days and four nights to a forest. She had told him specifically she was not going to sit through a three hour long bus ride with Him Chan buzzing in her ear or listening to Young Jae’s bad jokes.

She tossed through her dirty laundry, wondering if she had left them in a coat pocket. She scrunched her face up, growing tired of digging through her things.

Zelo scurried under her bed, greeting the thousands of dust bunnies living there. He was always happy to assist his noona. He found that when she was happy with him, he would receive a smile and on rare occasions a hug. It was nice being needed.

His noona had left to the living room and was digging through her school bag.

Zelo got up from under her bed and walked to her desk that was overflowing with books and past school assignments. He opened one of the drawers and looked through the disaster of papers. The room was filled with the scattering noise of notes crumpling together and Zelo’s hand brushing against the wood of the desk. He abruptly stopped his hunt when he discovered a picture of Yong Guk hyung and his noona.

The two were smiling brightly at the camera. They were in front of the school and the girl held a small tank looking robot that appeared damaged beyond repair. Yong Guk held her in his arms like a princess. In his noona’s other hand was a golden trophy, but from the way Yong Guk held her, it made you think she was the actual prize, instead. Behind them were other groups of teens dispersed around in the background.

“Nosy, aren’t you, Zelo?” His noona joked as she reentered the room.

“Noona, you and hyung look really happy here.” Zelo smiled, handing her the photograph.

“Pfft.” she blew out from her pursed lips, “The jackass said he wouldn’t let me down until I took a decent picture with him.” Though her tone was condescending, she couldn’t help but smile at the fond memory. She walked next to Zelo and pointed to the object in her hands in the picture, “That day, we went to a robot combat competition with our club. We won, but our robot broke down right after the final battle. You should have seen the way Yong Guk cried, he bawled his eyes out.” Her smile grew wider and her eyes glowed softly with joy. Zelo never saw her look so gentle before, but as soon as it came it was gone. She plucked the picture from his hands and with one last sparing glance, she buried it back into her drawer.

“I have to get to school. I don’t think I’m going to ever find my headphones.” She sighed as she picked up her luggage. “You and B.A.P be good while I’m gone, kay?” She patted Zelo on the back.

Zelo nodded his head. No matter how much he wanted to stay with his noona, he’d have to remain behind for the next few days with B.A.P. He had tried to persuade her into letting him tag along on the trip; unfortunately, there were no outlets in nature and she would have to spend a small fortune to buy him enough batteries to last about a week. She was unwilling to spend more on Zelo than she already had. He did eat up a week’s worth of food.

He went to his charging station and sat himself down. He would have to sit in the corner until she came back.


short chapter, next one will be much longer. Look forward to her camping trip, some unexpected character/visitors to come.