7% Kiss of Death

30% Battery Life

UNEDITED. I'm getting lazy. Will edit later.


The sheet of paper that Young Jae pulled out was crinkled and still had frayed edges from the notebook it was ripped from. There were holes from where the writer had written and erased over and over again. Smudges and imprints of leftover handwriting were evident on the letter as well. The overall handwriting was neat and and perfect, despite the presentation of the paper it was on. The writing was small and compact, the lettering almost resembling a type writer. She marveled at it for a brief second more before she started to read its contents.

‘Dear Kibum,

There’s this girl I like. We constantly banter with each other, but it’s playful in its nature. We’ve known each other for a long time and I’m just at a loss of what to do. I like the way we are now, with our teasing and jokes, but can’t help but feel like there can be something more. We’re not friends, we’re not lovers- it hurts and I cry. My heart cannot be hidden- it’s getting bigger- it hurts. This is a heartbreaking one sided loved. Though I try to erase, I cannot erase.

From-’


There was a tear in the spot where the pen name should have been. It was obvious from the size of the hole, that the guy was writing and rewriting, trying to think up a name.

“This seems like a pretty simple help letter, why haven’t you written a response to him yet?” She placed the letter down by the keyboard.

Young Jae pursed his lips, “It’s cause I can’t take this letter seriously. It has to be some kind of joke.” he shook his head, his blond locks swaying with each of his movements.

His friend furrowed her brows, “A joke? It seems like this guy is pretty serious from what he writes.” She picked up the letter again and held it up to the lights of the classroom to inspect it. She reread the words and didn’t see the humor behind it.

Young Jae shyly readjusted the headphones around his neck, “Well, if you look at the last few sentences,” he instructed her, pointing to the words, “you’d notice that those are lyrics to a U-KISS song.”

“Oh,” she nodded her head, “so it appears so...” she looked up at him, “Kiss me?”

“What?” Young Jae’s face flushed, his predominate cheeks flaring up with a dust of red.

“Kiss me.” She repeated, as if he was slow. Young Jae tried to speak but he was found the task too difficult. He gasped out a few syllables, but ultimately choked on his own words. He tried to clear his throat, however that only led him to coughing violently. She patted his back lamely as he calmed down.

“Young Jae, I swear this has been the fourth time I’ve asked you if you were a U-KISS fan, and each time has ended with you having an attack.” Young Jae fumbled with getting out his inhaler as she spoke. He took in a few quick pumps of it to regain his breath.

“I keep forgetting.” He clumsily placed his inhaler back in his jacket, but it slipped out onto the floor. She sighed and picked it up for him when he tried to lean down. “And each time you never answer me.” She said with a roll of her eyes.

“I can’t help it if I don’t have the strength to answer any question after an anxiety attack.” Young Jae crossed his arms and spun around in his chair childishly. “Remember the last time I had an attack and had to go to the hospital?” He stopped and glared at her softly, “Someone thought it would be funny to write a dozen fake ‘Dear Kibum’ letters to make me answer.”

“Wow, that situation is so ambiguous, it has to be me.” She scrunched up her face in distaste.

“It was you.” Young Jae sighed, blowing his bangs out of his face.

“Technically it was Yong Guk,” she corrected him.

Young Jae pinched the bridge of his nose in distress. He opened one of the drawers to the computer desk and pulled out a box of letters with Yong Guk’s sloppy handwriting all over them.

‘Dear Kibum,

I have fantasized about you writing back to me all of my high school days. The poetic way you have with your advice is intoxicating. The gift you have of listening to other people’s problems and putting them up first before yourself is amazing. I’ve found every piece of advice you’ve given to be insightful and sweet. How can someone as caring as you even exist? My heart yearns for the day that maybe, perhaps, we could date. The way your blond hair falls neatly into place, how your cheeks get bigger when you smile, and the warmness in your eyes makes me weak in the knees. You’re just an awkward ball I want to cuddle with.

Kibum, what do I do with all my love for you?

Forever yours,

A secret admirer’


Young Jae’s gaze was peering holes into her flesh. She squirmed under his eyes that were normally uninterested or bored. “Why do you think that letter was from Yong Guk?”

“You’re the only person that knows I run the advice column, so how would this person know what I look like.” He accused her, his eyes narrowing into thin slits.

As if God was showing mercy, the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. The girl left the room in a brisk power walk to her next classroom. Young Jae’s shoulders fell and the anger in him eased away. There was no possibility of him ever being able to hold a grudge against her.

The escape artist was glad to have avoided Young Jae’s confrontation. She took her seat by the window and relaxed as the class began to start. She smiled and stared out the window, soon growing tired of the teacher’s drawl. She had the perfect view of the school’s gates which had trees guarding the border of the building. A few cars passed by the road as well as joggers and bicyclists and a robot.

The voyeur watched the blond as he made his way to the school.

Calmly, the girl raised her hand to gain the attention of her teacher. “Can I be excused to the bathroom please?”

The teacher turned to her, “Sorry, but Daehyun already left to use it. You’re going to have to wait until he returns.” He told her before continuing on with his lesson.

Inside her mind, the girl was having a mini panic attack. Daehyun was notorious for skipping classes. He was never coming back to class, and she would never be able to leave.


Like the new poster? :}