16% I Have Never

30% Battery Life

Everyone sat around on picnic tables or settled on the grassy flooring as they waited for the BBQ to be finished. The teachers and some students were grilling burgers, corn, potatoes, and other meat. The smell of Korean BBQ wafted through the air and caused stomachs to rumble.

Daehyun sat next to Wonderbread, away from Him Chan. Daehyun’s face was tender and red from his furious actions to erase all of Him Chan’s artwork. Most of the ink was gone from his face, but if looked at closely, there were still faint black outlines on his skin. It would probably require another hard scrubbing before they were all entirely gone. Daehyun vowed that Him Chan would not get away with his prank; although he probably deserved it for the text he sent Him Chan, but that was beside the point. He’d figure something out for revenge eventually, he just needed the perfect moment.

The table which they were sitting at had Him Chan, Daehyun, Jong Up, Young Jae, and her. Behind their table was Myungsoo and Koko, sitting with their own friends. Occasionally the female would lean back and talk to the couple, making light jokes.

The sun had set and the stars came out, shining in the sky. One of the perks of being away from the city was that there was no light pollution. Hundreds of stars littered the sky and she was even able to recognize some constellations.

The guys were too hungry to marvel at the brilliant night sky, however. All of them were growing impatient waiting for their food. They hadn’t eaten in hours. The girl was perfectly fine though, as she had come with an abnormal supply of snacks, hidden away in her backpack. She had been munching on them before dinner. If she was a nicer person, maybe she would have shared with them.

To pass the time before dinner officially began, they were playing an extreme version of ‘I Have Never.’ Everyone held out ten fingers and each time a person mentioned something they never did, then the people who happened to have done something similar to it had to drop one of their fingers. The game would continue until only one person was left with any fingers up.

“I have never watched any involving tentacles.” Daehyun yawned, eyeing Young Jae’s hands. He was the most likely candidate to have stumbled upon the . Surprisingly, Young Jae’s fingers stayed in place. While everyone focused on Young Jae’s hands, Him Chan secretly dropped one of his fingers.

About everyone in the game either had lost a hand or had about seven fingers still in play.

It was time for the girl’s turn, “I have never seen any girl on girl action.” All the guys dropped a digit in shame.

Him Chan was up, “I’ve never skipped school.” Daehyun and her dropped another finger. He had purposely directed that question at them.

“I have never had a crush on a friend.” Said Young Jae. Begrudgingly, Him Chan dropped a finger, but not before he noticed that the girl did too. He tried to shake away any horrible thoughts about her and Yong Guk.

“I’ve never had .” Jong Up boldly said. Nobody lost a finger.

“Huh...” she mused, “You learn something new everyday.”

Another statement was offered up by the next player and the game continued on. Sentences varied from normal to embarrassing.

“I’ve never ed.”

“I’ve never lied about my age.”

“I’ve never kissed someone of the same gender.”

“I’ve never really liked Pokemon.”

“I’ve never pretended I was a Pokemon.”

“I’ve never read fanfiction.”

“I’ve never looked at a Playboy or Playgirl magazine.”

“I’ve never peed in a pool.”

“I’ve never cheated on a test.”

“I’ve never roleplayed.”

“I’ve never gotten less that ten hours of sleep.” (Obviously Daehyun)

“I’ve never cross dressed.”

“I’ve never fantasized about having with one of my friends or classmates.”

“I’ve never seen Star Wars.”

“I’ve never questioned my uality.”

“I’ve never drawn on my friend’s face” (Daehyun again.)

“I’ve never watched hardcore .” (Him Chan to piss off Daehyun)

“I’ve never been asked by my parents if I was still a .”

“I’ve never ed anyone.”

Much to everyone’s relief, the game had to end cause all the food had finished being prepared. Most of their faces were flushed with embarrassment due to some of the things they had to admit. If any of them remembered what was said during the game, good black mail material was all around.  

They all got their food and ate happily, a light atmosphere hanging in the air. All the teachers and kids were laughing and enjoying the good food. While the guys made jokes, the girl occasionally stole food from their plates. It was a wonderful time with the smell of BBQ sauce, ketchup, and other condiments making the air thick with scents. Everyone’s paper plates were heavy with different types of food and red cups were filled to the brim with juice or soda.

Paper lanterns hung from the trees, acting as a source of light with the big bon fire in the middle.

During the meal, the girl had conversed with Jong Up and learned a lot more about him. She had to say that they were probably on the level of friends now. She learned that he liked to dance, was an honor roll student, and something about being stronger than dumbbells and faster than running machines; she decided not to ask him about that.

As all the students were finishing up their food, or in her case seconds, the teachers called for their attention.

“Okay, kids,” the head of the math department began to speak, “to start our first night of the trip off, we’re gonna hold a partner scavenger hunt. We have written all of your names onto slips of paper and placed them in a hat. When you hear your name called, go find your partner. You two will be tied together at the ankle and will go into the forest to start your search. Don’t stray too far though.” None of the students looked too eager to participate in the hunt. “The pair that gathers all the items first and gets back to us, won’t have to do any homework for a week.” All the students listened to what he had to say now.

“An excuse to be lazy...?” Daehyun mumbled to himself, his eyes starting to burn with ambition.

“Listen for your names.” The teacher announced as he began to draw the slips of paper from a top hat.

“Group one will be Lee Sungyeol and Ahn Daniel.” The two had their ankles tied together with some ribbon, similar to the style in a three-legged race. After they got the list, they stumbled into the forest to start their hunt.

Another team was called, “Group two is Shik Gongchan and Lee Ji Eun.” More and more names were called as the process continued, making the girl wait irritably to hear her own name.

Group three: Choi Jin Ri and Gong Minji

Group four: Lee Jeongmin and Kim Dasom

Group five: Jung Daehyun and Shin Dongho

Group six: Kim Myungsoo and Lee Koko

Group seven: Lee Taemin and Lee Byunghun

Group eight: Yoo Young Jae and Moon Jong Up

The girl was quickly getting tired hearing everything, but her own name. She was sure that a team would be back with all the items before she even got to leave. She took another bite of her juicy burger as more names were rattled off. God, there were a lot of kids on this trip. She stopped chewing when she finally heard her name.

“...and Kim Him Chan.” She almost spat the contents in out.

A smile erupted on Him Chan’s face and a girlish squeal almost escape his lips. Someone up there liked him! REALLY LIKED HIM.

When the girl went to glare at him, he placed a false expression that read ‘I’m not happy with this either.’

Him. Her. Alone in the woods, tied together. Someone up there REALLY REALLY liked him.


My lovely readers, how would you have done in the 'I Have Never' game? O3O