19% Radioactive

30% Battery Life

The tent was dark, aside from the light coming from the single flashlight. Against the overbearing shadow of the tent, Yong Guk’s hair looked almost grey, with specks of pale yellow streaks running down along it. She observed him quietly as he languidly ruffled up his hair, with a deep and heavy yawn. She noticed that the dark circles under his eyes were worse than before the camp. Despite his wearier demeanor, he still held the air of a jokester. His large signature smile, which showed off the pinks of his gums, brightened the atmosphere. His eyes may have been drooping slightly, but his smile did not falter.

Back when he had first appeared, he had caused her to be in daze, but just as abrupt as his appearance was, it faded. Yong Guk was the last thing she expected to find on her trip out in the woods, however, despite her growing curiosity, she did not press the issue; more so because Zelo was basically strangling her with her own headphones. While she was suffocating slowly, she noted that the blond android looked no different than earlier that morning when she left. He was dirtier, albeit still in the same cheery disposition.

While Yong Guk took pleasure in seeing his robot interact with her, Him Chan had taken the liberty to remove the ton of weight off her body. When the white light that threatened to greet her disappeared, she let out a sigh of relief. She glared at the jittery blond, whom leapt in for another fun game with his noona. A slur of swears escaped as she demanded that Yong Guk take the boy away from her.  

The next couple of events were unimportant but involved her antagonizing Yong Guk’s manhood if he could not control his own cyborg. A heated argument ensued between the best friends who hadn’t seen each other in a week. Long story short, all of them had retreated to her tent. Her and Him Chan had stumbled quite a few times, finding it difficult walking together.

And there they were. Sitting together, while Daehyun and Him Chan slept together.

“So, what do I owe this lovely visit to, Yong Guk?” She asked, her arms crossed. She was still very evidently upset over the fact Zelo had spent all her money on batteries to sustain him for the trip. That was about forty dollars Yong Guk would never pay her back.

“Do you really want to know?” Yong Guk asked, a playful tone to his voice. Poking her stomach, not liking the frown etched onto her face.

She gritted her teeth, not wanting to forgive him so easily yet, “Just tell me.”

“Okay. You and Zelo both listen carefully, cause I’m only going to explain this once.” He instructed them, “Well it was maybe the third day of my camp and we were playing with a bunch of chemicals. Basically, you could say there may or may not have been a chemical spill or ‘contamination.’ If you want to get technical.” Yong Guk used air quotes around the said word.

Yong Guk continued his altered version of the incident, going more in depth:

 

“‘I’m an engineer!’ I said.

Do it!’ they said.

I ain’t no chemist.’ I said

Do it!’ they said.

Does this go here?’ I asked.

Noooooo!’ They screamed as the lab exploded.” He used hand-motions to overembellish the situation. Her face remained impassive at his pathetic excuse of a joke, and Zelo just couldn’t comprehend it.  (Wae does my humor ...)

Yong Guk shook his head and sighed, “What do I look like?! Edward... damn I forgot his last name.” He took a moment to think and then shouted, “Elric?!?! Freaking Edward Elric?!?”

Zelo found much entertainment watching Yong Guk rant, while she, on the other hand, found interest with playing with her shoe laces. She was well accustomed to his whining, as she was the only one ever willing to listen to it. Yong Guk continued to shout something about Fullmetal Alchemist until an angry bark came from the sleeping couple on the other side of the tent, asking for silence.  

“I’m not an alchemist.” Yong Guk whispered, clarifying the fact for the umpteeth time.

“Okay. So to sum it up, you were a ing idiot.” She stared at him with her impassive face.

“Why do you have to say it with such a serious and brooding tone?” Yong Guk whined, pretending to shiver from her cold demeanor.

“Wait, I’m not done. You were an idiot and all the other kids ostracized you, huh?” It was more of a statement rather than a question.

Yong Guk’s tongue poked his cheek, “Not so much ostracized but quarantined...” His voice got quieter as he continued his sentence. “That’s why they sent me here to stay until I was deemed safe.”

“Are you dangerous to be around...?” She left agape, not believing Yong Guk’s insensitive nature for others. Here he was, possibly radioactive, hanging out with her. No, it wasn’t like she wanted to live a long life.

“Well, when I saw Zelo wondering around I knew you would be here. I always figured we would die together, anyway.” Yong Guk shrugged, as if it were no big deal.

From her seat on the floor, she brought her foot up and jabbed him in the stomach sharply.

“I missed your gentle nature.” Yong Guk grunted as he fell over to the side.

Zelo poked at Yong Guk’s painful position. “Hyung, are you okay?”

“Fine.” Yong Guk coughed, trying not to display how much pain he was in. His hands were on his stomach as he struggled to turn his body over, so his back was to the floor. Yong Guk’s eyes were red, as the pain centered in his stomach spread out.

“You punk.” the girl called out to him. Yong Guk flinched, afraid that another blow was heading his way. He thanked God when he found himself safe for another second. It wasn’t often she showed enough mercy and restraint to only deal him one blow when she was angry. She had the strength of ten hulks when she was on her bad side.

“Don’t put yourself in danger when you don’t know about chemistry. Depending on the chemicals you were using, you could have seriously burned yourself or gotten something a lot worse than some quarantine.” She crawled over to Yong Guk’s and straddled his waist. To anyone else, the position may have looked provocative, it if were not the fact that Yong Guk’s face was being abused. She continued to slap him back and forth.

“I missed the way you show your love.” Yong Guk said in between the slaps to his face.

By the twentieth slap, she got bored and got off of Yong Guk, whose face was stinging red. “Wow, twenty slaps. You must really love me.” The male groaned as he could no longer manage to get up.

Zelo cocked his head, why didn’t his noona play with him like that too? Why didn’t they get to play fight too. Zelo knew that puppies fought together to show dominance and friendship. Zelo tugged on her sleeve, “Noona, slap me too.”

Her eye twitched, “Yong Guk, your robot’s a freak.” She grabbed the engineer’s hand and lifted him back to a sitting position. Yong Guk whined as his stomach still hurt.

“Now go back to where ever you were staying in the woods, and bring Zelo with you too.” She pointed her finger at the exit. “I want to sleep now, and I don’t quite fancy the idea of sharing a sleeping bag with you two fools.”

Yong Guk frowned, she was still very evidently angry over the whole situation. She always held the hardest grudges when it came to money and him not paying attention while working.

“Zelo,” Yong Guk acknowledged his android, “initiate plan Alpha Omega.”

“Sorry! Shut Down.” Zelo slumped over and fell limp to the floor.

“You ing idiots.” She hissed.


It's weird, I'm a DaeJae shipper, yet it seems like I'm like promoting Him Chan and Daehyun e___e Their bromance is so weird, but whatever.